• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Perfect pitch

Ronald Zeeman

V.I.P Member
Starting to realize that I may have perfect pitch appearently is more common in our community. Probably why have always picky over why I like quality sound equipment. Do not play a musical instrument. did not know I was on the the spectrum until a few years ago, now that I am older finding out that who I really am is a bit weird .I have left bars with my wife if the disc Jockey has crappy sound equipment. wonder why no one else notices it.

Last edited:
I've got sound hypersensitivities so I also really notice bad sound equipment, bad mixing, and especially the awful effect the noise wars had on the dynamic range of CDs. It's very fingers-down-a-blackboard to me, and intensely irritating.

My cousin not autistic is a very accomplished drummer, never sang. all of a sudden he started singing, now wins nominations and won awards fir his singing. Do not recall him telling me he took voice lessons. his sister is a professional singer in a noted choir, (Mendelssohn Choir). passed audition for close to 40 years. He is now a hair dresser trying to make his career singing, drums and sings concurrently. I have an eidetic memory as do my brothers. "two were on reach for the top" in high school in the seventies. I suspect those of us that have noise sensitivity, have this ability, makes no difference to me. Queen is my favourite band discovered them after I graduated college in the late seventies. I guess I can pick them, Led Zeppelin in late sixties. Plant was known as a screamer then. Jefferson Airplane, White Rabbit, and some one to love, still sends shivers up my spine when I hear her voice. I do not have to wait for time to validate some of these voices. From the eighties for the young here check the voice of the lead singer of Four non blondes, only one album she can sing only heard her a couple of years ago.

Robert Plant was a bit of a screamer, @Ronald Zeeman, but did you hear him cover Sea Of Love? His low range is impressive! Surprised me to hear that after all the LedZep! :)

Nice topic. Will have to come back when I have the laptop. Typing on an iPad is so overrated!

I have never sang i Also have very good colour vision, built a career around it. must admit still used the spectro photometer . except for the print matches, just got the company to implement a policy of doing the final match out side for prints. If being on the spectrum gave me better hearing and vision who am I to complain. My cousin built his career around drumming parts started singing late in life Now he drums LED Zepplin. both voice, and percussion concurrently. live at the bars I have seen him at.
One thing I have noticed over the years my ears always perk up when I hear a bit of Opra. My wife would shoot me if I played it.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom