• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Peppers survey!

Peppers, anyone?

• Sweet

Votes: 18 72.0%
  • Hot

Votes: 15 60.0%
  • Green

Votes: 10 40.0%
  • Red

Votes: 14 56.0%
  • Yellow

Votes: 13 52.0%
  • Orange

• Pepper sauces/dips

• I don’t like any peppers

Votes: 1 4.0%

• Total voters

Metalhead

Video game and movie addict.
V.I.P Member
What peppers do you like if you like any kinds of peppers? The only peppers I tend to enjoy are the spicy ones, personally.

I can't use any.
I am allergic to nightshades.

Black pepper doesn't count because that is an
entirely different plant family.

I like them all, except for green peppers. They, um... mess with my digestive system :confused:
My favorite are Habaneros.

I have many favorites One on the top of my list is Pasilla Oaxaqueña (pecan smoked pasilla negra). Otherwise I enjoy Poblano, Jalapeno, Seranno, Guajillo, Tepin.

I have been experimenting with making hot sauces, and until now didn't find a good flavor. Last fall I took serannos and Guajillos that I grew and fermented them in brine, then pureed them, pressure canned the bottles and let it sit to age. This past week I tried it. Very tangy with a great chile flavor. I used too many guajillo so the heat was a little less than I wanted. This weekend I'll be planting Thai, birdseye chiles (50,000 to 100,000 SHU), along with another, probably guajillo again, and try another batch of hot sauce.

I like cooked bell peppers except the green ones. I will also eat them raw. Even peppercorns are too spicy for me if not ground finely enough, so I figure it’s safe to assume I won’t like any actual peppers that are spicy.

I am a pepper fanatic in any form. Sweet, Hot (the hotter the better), salsas, dips, you name it and I cannot get enough. Maybe it has something to do with growing up in Southern California where just about every ethnic food you can imagine is readily available. I have even eaten the dried peppers you find in some Asian dishes.

Therefore, I checked every box except the one about not liking peppers.

I like all peppers. I like fermenting my own hot pepper sauce in a big crock from peppers I grow myself. Then I bottle it and a batch lasts me all year.

The rest of the family likes the mild peppers so I grow a lot of those since I make and can massive amounts of salsa for them.

Favorite hot peppers? Scotch Bonnet are good. They have a fruitier flavor to me than habaneros which I also like. Hot Jalapenos. Mild Jalapenos are a disappointment but are still good for some things.

Correct.
No tomatoes.
No potatoes.
No eggplant.
No peppers.

And try to get away from anybody smoking tobacco.

I can take or leave eggplant, but HUGE bummer it would be if I couldn't eat the rest. Tomatoes, potatoes and peppers are an integral part of my diet.

I like jalapeño peppers but I have to be very sparing with them as my digestion doesn't. Shame. I have them and sometimes other peppers on pizzas, plus I like Walkers jalapeño and cheese crisps. But can't have many. I probably only like sweet peppers in sweet and sour Chinese sauce.

Which Peppers and Chiles do I prefer?

My answer:

Yes

I grew up on a homestead in the desert, an hour from the Mexican Border.

I was a nanny for a Filipino family, A Mexican woman, and a Puerto Rican woman. I have Cuban and Puerto Rican cousins.

I also worked in Mexico for a short time.

To put it in perspective, I take spoonfuls of hot sauce whenever I have a cough.

I put diced green peppers into so many things. But my favorite flavored pepper would be the jalapeño. :cool:

Yes, I still experience reflux so I have to eat such things in moderation. :oops:

Strange at times in what I can- and can't eat. On occasion it makes no sense to me. :confused:

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom