• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

People on the Autism Spectrum Are Boycotting 'To Siri With Love'

I think it depends on if the parent has anything useful to offer other parents.

I would not follow this woman’s advice.

And so it goes....
Neurological imperialism at its worse.... such a long way to go.

Yesterday I got an e-mail, an invitation to attend a meeting up at city hall to attend a autism partnership meeting to begin to support the implementation of the local autism strategy (Autism Act 2009) (UK) as a bye you might be interested to know that the first meeting (which is a legal requirement) took place on the with November 2013. The draft strategy was released in July 2015, nothing has happened since. I am the only autistic person on the board. Dispite the fact that I have been involved in the support of classical autistic people for 20 years, I am a qualified teacher, that I have delivered autism training for years I was described to the other delegates as a person with autism. I have of coursed clarified that I am autistic, not someone who is living with, (and presumably suffering with autism) autism....There is much too do.

I can see the future, the one where they figure out if a newborn child is autistic. Oh look your child is autistic. Your okay to kill it.

For some families, that reality of thinking its okay to kill their child/sibling/etc. because they're autistic is a genuine reality.
On the Disability Day of Mourning website (which is to remember all disabled people who have been killed by their families), there are plenty of examples of Autistics who have been killed by their families and in often brutal ways - yet the murderers have gotten off with less jail time, no jail time and/or some hours of community service. It's sickening to see and definitely needs to change.
Disability Day of Mourning – Remembering the Disabled Murdered by Caregivers

Last edited:
One thing no one seems to have considered:

Author is aware of autism community. Son may well be a part of our community, and she mentioned Amethyst schraber in the book somewhat derogatively.

What is the impact now after seeing his mum and his community fired up in opposition?

I do think there is over reaction around, but I do agree with the issues against, and she has, and is handling it badly.

New Threads

Top Bottom