• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Paul W.S. Anderson

Joshua the Writer

Very Nerdy Guy, Any Pronouns
V.I.P Member
Paul W.S. Anderson is a director responsible for the creation of many video game movies, the most recent one being Monster Hunter. I heard that the movies are consistently bad and that the Monster Hunter movie is basically like this:
xzqrd1aekbe61.png

Paul W.S. Anderson is a director responsible for the creation of many video game movies, the most recent one being Monster Hunter. I heard that the movies are consistently bad and that the Monster Hunter movie is basically like this:
xzqrd1aekbe61.png

Yep, pretty accurate.
It's a shame, because this is the same guy who directed Event Horizon - a decent science-fiction/horror movie. Now, it just seems like he's shoving his wife (who to be honest doesn't have a lot of acting talent or a good range of facial expressions) into whatever cash-grab video game-related nonsense he's making next.

The fact he screwed up an adaptation of Resident Evil is ridiculous - especially since zombie movie maestro George Romero himself actually produced a screenplay for the film that closely followed the events of the original game, but was rejected because this was at a time when trying to be faithful to another form of media (be it comics, anime/manga or games) when making a film adaptation seemed to be treated almost like it was taboo.
I'm reminded of what Will Jordan said in his Resident Evil Retrospective when he reviewed the 2002 film:

"In the late 1990's, the Resident Evil games had really taken off and become massive worldwide hits, and Capcom - like any money-hungry corporation - decided to cash in on the success by launching a movie adaptation. Fair enough - Resident Evil was based around cheesy, low budget horror flicks in the first place so turning it into a movie would be like bringing the creative enterprise full circle.
It should have been easy; haunted house, zombies, traps, secret experiments, corporate conspiracy, final showdown and escape before the place self destructs, bish, bash, bosh, you're done - go collect your paycheck".​

Actually watched some of those. The original Resident Evil game scared me. Movies did not. They were kinda fun and weird.

Yep, pretty accurate.
It's a shame, because this is the same guy who directed Event Horizon - a decent science-fiction/horror movie.

I’ve read that the movie would’ve been more than decent had it not been due to executive meddling cutting out a huge chunk of the scenes and if the original ending in the script where the force possessing the ship says it’s not the devil but something that existed before the Big Bang was used. A similar thing happened to the original Jacob’s Ladder but most of the removed footage has been preserved while Event Horizon’s removed scenes are considered lost forever. I’ve seen the removed footage of what’s been preserved of Jacob’s Ladder and it would’ve made that movie even more disturbing.

I’ve read that the movie would’ve been more than decent had it not been due to executive meddling cutting out a huge chunk of the scenes and if the original ending in the script where the force possessing the ship says it’s not the devil but something that existed before the Big Bang was used. A similar thing happened to the original Jacob’s Ladder but most of the removed footage has been preserved while Event Horizon’s removed scenes are considered lost forever. I’ve seen the removed footage of what’s been preserved of Jacob’s Ladder and it would’ve made that movie even more disturbing.

What surprised me is that apparently, the deleted scenes were stored away in a salt mine in Transylvania of all places - with them having degraded beyond use when they were retrieved.

What surprised me is that apparently, the deleted scenes were stored away in a salt mine in Transylvania of all places - with them having degraded beyond use when they were retrieved.

Supposedly Anderson’s friend has a VHS tape with the rough cut but he lives in Spain and Anderson himself says the chances of even him watching it are extremely low.

He was way too embarrassed by his own failure.
Youtuber Filmento has just released a new video - comparing the new Monster Hunter movie to another movie called Love and Monsters and explaining why the latter was a better movie. I recommend you give it a look if you get chance but I can't link it here as some of the footage used from involves the characters swearing, which isn't allowed here on the forums.

New Threads

Top Bottom