• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Overly talkative guy

What do you think he has in mind, does he see me as a potential gf, or friend? And how should i deal with this situation without being rude?

I'm guessing he's looking for a date. Your dads friend set you up to meet each other, that's more of a date situation than a friend situation. I think. I could be wrong. As a guy I would say it's best to let him know what you want. Or what you don't want. But that could go a few different ways, depending on what type he is. I don't really have any good advice, not knowing you or him. Not enough background info.

I just know that guys can get eager when we meet a woman we like. So we send five messages instead of one.

Last edited:
I'm guessing he's looking for a date. Your dads friend set you up to meet each other, that's more of a date situation than a friend situation. I think. I could be wrong. As a guy I would say it's best to let him know what you want. Or what you don't want. But that could go a few different ways, depending on what type he is. I don't really have any good advice, not knowing you or him. Not enough background info.

I just know that guys can get eager when we meet a woman we like. So we send five messages instead of one.
I also thought the same about the date situation but i don't get social cues well so i was not sure.

It is very offputting when someone seems over eager, esp. When it is clear the other person does not like you. It is clingy and annoying.

It's at least 90% likely he shares this characteristic:
i don't get social cues well

This, which is based on several assumptions, is probably not accurate:
... it is clear the other person does not like you

I thought this was obvious from the start, but perhaps not.

Some more % estimates about him:
* 100% that he has other minor social deficit(s) compared to NT norms
* 0% that he's a "player"
* 60% that he has ASD traits - he could well be one of us

Last edited:
I met a guy through my father's friend. He said we would get along well since we are very similar. (?) The day after that this guy added me on social media and since then he keeps on texting and sending voice messages. I thought maybe we could be friends but he turned out to be a homophobe and i don't have anything in common with him also.

I have only one irl friend so i thought maybe could be friends but his constant messages are starting to annoy me. But since our fathers are friends i don't want to block him.
The other problem is i don't know WHY he keeps sending messages so much when i barely respond, does he really want to be friends or is he trying to flirt? I don't want to accidentally lead him on by responding to his messages, and he largely annoys me anyway. But like i said blocking is not an option.

What do you think he has in mind, does he see me as a potential gf, or friend? And how should i deal with this situation without being rude?

If he's okay with hating groups of people based on something they don't choose, then maybe being rude isn't the worst thing.

I'd ignore him and, if he pesters, tell him I can't be friends with a hate monger. It takes too much self-loathing.

New Threads

Top Bottom