• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Opinions?

Tyler

My 7yr old daughter's School have a rule which states that "during days that its raining, very windy and especially during winter, all children must bundle up when going outside.

By bundle up they mean; waterproof jacket (trespass jacket supplied as part of uniform) on and tied up (zipped and velcroed upto chin), hat on/hood up, scarf and gloves on.

Rule was put in place to prevent kids coming into classroom with soaking wet uniforms or complaining of being cold.

What are your opinions on that rule and, do you make your child bundle up if necessary?

I usually do make DD wear and tie her jacket and put her hood up but don't insist on scarf or gloves, that is her choice.

There are certain places where we enjoy the luxury of making the rules, but others where we follow them as a matter of fairness to all involved. It is best that we learn this early on as it is so much more difficult later.

Well, it's a rule. But rules are made to be broken, intelligently. I'm acutely sensitive to temperature, and genuinely can't bear being either too hot or too cold, and I can see I'd have ongoing problems with a rule that mandated that I be "bundled up" mainly for the convenience of an adult who doesn't want to be bothered. So for me, I would be finding ways to break it because the purpose it serves isn't mine.

I trusted my son to know whether he was the right temperature when he was little, and taught him how to 'layer.'

I would draw the line at "up to chin". That sounds terribly scratchy and uncomfortable.

My kid at the moment only has a jacket, and I try to put it on him when we go out in the cold. It's not waterproof. I wouldn't really know where to get one that was.

New Threads

Top Bottom