• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Old Video games you think should get a 'Remaster'...

How about no? You Sony Ponies get enough exclusives as it is IMO.
I’m pretty sure that was a joke, but wouldn’t have expected anything else than you taking the bait. Don’t worry though, I don’t think there’s anyone on these forums that doesn’t know how you feel about Sony.

I also wouldn’t say no to baldurs gate and mass effect Trilogy..
Baldurs Gate got remastered a few years ago, in 2012.

As for Oblivion, there’s a massive fan-made project called Skyblivion, which is basically porting all of Oblivion into Skyrim. It’s not finished yet, but I’ve been keeping my eye on this for a while now and it looks really promising. Can’t wait for it to be released, to be honest.

How about no? You Sony Ponies get enough exclusives as it is IMO.

I'm going to keep repeating this until the sun explodes: Brand loyalty is BAD. It's an abusive form of tribalism, did you know that? Marketing teams ENGINEER this crap, because they know they can manipulate the hell out of you and most other gamers. They do this to get you to DEFEND them and their practices, no matter how malevolent they may be. Remember "Sega does what Nintendon't? Yeah. There's a reason why that campaign rampaged all over the place back then. Back then though it was just really basic advertisements. These days, teams with vastly more resources and understanding of psychology are far more... insidious.

Anyway, Sony may be bad, this is true, but if anything, Microsoft is EVEN WORSE. They have the unholy eldritch abomination that is Windows, after all. So they're being asshats on two fronts instead of one. They deserve no loyalty whatsoever and would simply feed you to crocodiles if they thought it might earn them a penny.

And no, I'm not a Nintendo fanboy either, before that is said. They put out the occaisional awesome thing, but the key word is "occaisional". They produce games so slowly. They tend to spend the rest of the time making absolute jerks of themselves via the internet. They may be doing well on sales lately, but their glory days ended a couple of decades ago.

Baldurs Gate got remastered a few years ago, in 2012.

As for Oblivion, there’s a massive fan-made project called Skyblivion, which is basically porting all of Oblivion into Skyrim. It’s not finished yet, but I’ve been keeping my eye on this for a while now and it looks really promising. Can’t wait for it to be released, to be honest.
Didn’t know that!
But for Oblivion, I’d rather have an actual remaster. As much of a dream that is...

Didn’t know that!
But for Oblivion, I’d rather have an actual remaster. As much of a dream that is...

It's Bethesda. If they actually did that, they'd inject so many more bugs into the formula that you'd have things like trees running around instead of guards and dragons that breathe wizards instead of fire (the wizards would then levitate into the sky) and stuff like that... moreso than usual, I mean.

Amazes me that their games even run.

It's Bethesda. If they actually did that, they'd inject so many more bugs into the formula that you'd have things like trees running around instead of guards and dragons that breathe wizards instead of fire (the wizards would then levitate into the sky) and stuff like that... moreso than usual, I mean.

Amazes me that their games even run.

Yes, but that’s the novelty of Bethesda.flying mammoths are great.

Y'know what, I was going to say Crash Team Racing (I lost my original copy and am still salty about it), but I looked it up and it turns out that it's already happening! So I looked at my old games to find a better answer, aside from that I fervently hope that the Reignited Trilogy will come out for the Switch, and I came upon an old game I've actually been thinking about revisiting recently. I don't know if anyone else remembers this game, or even enjoyed it, but I remember playing the crap out of Neopets: The Darkest Faerie when I was a kid. I have fond memories of playing as a furry knight and a Twi'lek-headed wizard girl. So that would be pretty cool to see a remaster of!

I'm going to keep repeating this until the sun explodes: Brand loyalty is BAD. It's an abusive form of tribalism, did you know that? Marketing teams ENGINEER this crap, because they know they can manipulate the hell out of you and most other gamers. They do this to get you to DEFEND them and their practices, no matter how malevolent they may be. Remember "Sega does what Nintendon't? Yeah. There's a reason why that campaign rampaged all over the place back then. Back then though it was just really basic advertisements. These days, teams with vastly more resources and understanding of psychology are far more... insidious.

Anyway, Sony may be bad, this is true, but if anything, Microsoft is EVEN WORSE. They have the unholy eldritch abomination that is Windows, after all. So they're being asshats on two fronts instead of one. They deserve no loyalty whatsoever and would simply feed you to crocodiles if they thought it might earn them a penny.

And no, I'm not a Nintendo fanboy either, before that is said. They put out the occaisional awesome thing, but the key word is "occaisional". They produce games so slowly. They tend to spend the rest of the time making absolute jerks of themselves via the internet. They may be doing well on sales lately, but their glory days ended a couple of decades ago.

The last good homegrown Nintendo exclusive was Super Tennis on the SNES, and that came out about 27 years ago.

The last good homegrown Nintendo exclusive was Super Tennis on the SNES, and that came out about 27 years ago.

Dude, I'm just gonna be really blunt here: you wouldnt KNOW if there was anything good in Nintendo's more recent stuff, as you always look at them and either go A: "Oh it's KIDDY" or B: "Oh it's a COMPETITOR to Microsoft". Usually both at once. In this case, even going so far as to ignore things like Mario 64, considered a legendary classic even by those that dont play it. Or Ocarina of Time. And note that I say that last one as someone that *hated* OOT (no, seriously, I couldnt stand that freaking game). But I still recognize it's quality, and it's status as a true classic, even if I personally loathed it. Me loathing it didnt mean it wasnt a good game.

I mean, seriously? Super Tennis?

Again: Brand loyalty. Bad. Very bad. I outright dislike *all* of the Big Guys, even freaking Nintendo (despite respecting what they did with Smash, what with that being ONE game), most of the time... but even I can still recognize when one of them has made something great or at least good/decent (such as the recent RDR 2, which I wont be playing, but I can still respect what it's devs accomplished and the effort they put in). But that's because I have zero loyalty to any company. Occaisional respect for specific actions (and even that is usually about the developers, NOT the publishers), sure, but zero loyalty blocking my view.

Dont take any of this the wrong way... I aint trying to be insulting or anything here. If I sound negative, well... I always sound like this. But anyway, loyalty to any corporate entity is NOT a good thing (unless of course they're paying your bills, and even then...). Very bad for the consumer, that. Doesnt matter if it's Microsoft or Sony or Nintendo or whoever... they dont deserve any loyalty. They are a machine that would eat you up and fart you out as a cloud of bloody coins if given the chance... never think otherwise.

"cloud of bloody coins". Oh yeah, I can tell I havent had my caffeine yet.

It would be amusing to see a 1990s game ported to todays's hardware platforms. Graphically primitive, but they'd likely have phenomenal frame rates.
You can play Amiga games like SuperFrog... I think that counts as a remaster possibly... It's weird for me though because I played the original with a joystick, lol.

I'd like to see the Amiga version of Lotus Turbo Challenge 2 done. :) And Sonic the Hedgehog, though I doubt they will do a remaster after adding the boost mechanic to newer versions, newer players won't want to lose that feature.

Dude, I'm just gonna be really blunt here: you wouldnt KNOW if there was anything good in Nintendo's more recent stuff, as you always look at them and either go A: "Oh it's KIDDY" or B: "Oh it's a COMPETITOR to Microsoft". Usually both at once. In this case, even going so far as to ignore things like Mario 64, considered a legendary classic even by those that dont play it. Or Ocarina of Time. And note that I say that last one as someone that *hated* OOT (no, seriously, I couldnt stand that freaking game). But I still recognize it's quality, and it's status as a true classic, even if I personally loathed it. Me loathing it didnt mean it wasnt a good game.

I mean, seriously? Super Tennis?

Again: Brand loyalty. Bad. Very bad. I outright dislike *all* of the Big Guys, even freaking Nintendo (despite respecting what they did with Smash, what with that being ONE game), most of the time... but even I can still recognize when one of them has made something great or at least good/decent (such as the recent RDR 2, which I wont be playing, but I can still respect what it's devs accomplished and the effort they put in). But that's because I have zero loyalty to any company. Occaisional respect for specific actions (and even that is usually about the developers, NOT the publishers), sure, but zero loyalty blocking my view.

Dont take any of this the wrong way... I aint trying to be insulting or anything here. If I sound negative, well... I always sound like this. But anyway, loyalty to any corporate entity is NOT a good thing (unless of course they're paying your bills, and even then...). Very bad for the consumer, that. Doesnt matter if it's Microsoft or Sony or Nintendo or whoever... they dont deserve any loyalty. They are a machine that would eat you up and fart you out as a cloud of bloody coins if given the chance... never think otherwise.

"cloud of bloody coins". Oh yeah, I can tell I havent had my caffeine yet.
You've reminded me of this video (it says Blizzard but admits it can apply to any company selling entertainment products like games)..

Last edited:
You've reminded me of this video (it says Blizzard but admits it can apply to any company selling entertainment products like games)..

I watched through that. Yes, that's EXACTLY the sort of thing I'm saying. And that guy got it right: These companies go to great lengths... and spend big money... trying to cultivate this loyalty. Because it serves THEM, makes it much easier to get money, and makes it so that they can get their supposed fanbase to defend them when they do something horrible on purpose, and to get them to forgive "mistakes". It's exactly why the old Nintendo VS Sega rivalry was pushed so much, because BOTH companies profited massively from it even despite being in direct competition. They generated loyalty and got people talking, and that serves the corporations well.

And what people never really realize is that the consumer, the gamer, is NOT truly the "customer" here. The SHAREHOLDERS are the real customers. Those are the people that companies like Microsoft or Blizzard or whoever actually care about. And I wish it was easier to get more people to see that and understand what it really means. It's exactly why these companies are willing to be so disrespectful of their supposed fanbases... because those fanbases were never their true target to begin with. Maybe for individual devs working on the games, they want to please the fans, but those guys dont get to make the decisions and must do what they're told.

And it also means that people dont really think logically about all this. Like, when the Diablo reveal happened, I was honestly kinda surprised at the reaction. I was thinking, Blizzard was gobbled up by Activision awhile ago... what did these idiots in the community THINK was going to happen? OF COURSE they became heavily corrupted. It's freaking Activision! This should have been expected! And the sad thing is, for as "outraged" as people act, they'll happily buy into whatever comes next. They always do. Just like with EA. Everyone yells and complains about EA... while at the same time handing them money for whatever garbage they put out.

Bah. Just... bah.

Really though, the overall point remains: Brand loyalty is BAD. It's just a shame it's so hard to get people to realize that... but that's exactly what these companies want.

Lunar 2: Eternal Blue. I love the Lunar games, and they are so much fun. But most people only know about the first game, Lunar: the Silver Star, because it was ported/remade so many times. I'm lucky enough to have the only remake they made of Lunar 2 for my ps1, and I've found it to be a much better story than the first game. It would be great if more people knew about it. But most don't since it's so hard to find.

Another set of games that I wouldn't mind seeing a remaster of would be the first two Destroy All Humans! games (Big Willy Unleashed and Path of the Furon sucked in my opinion).

Another set of games that I wouldn't mind seeing a remaster of would be the first two Destroy All Humans! games (Big Willy Unleashed and Path of the Furon sucked in my opinion).

They were Remastered, but are only available on the PS4 unfortunately. The first game's also Backwards Compatible on Xbox One.

A lot of people love the Resident Evil 2 remake. I wish I could say I was one of them. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't what we were hoping for. It looked too new, and not in a good way. Also, I don't like Leon's new look, his vocals, or even how he runs around with his pistol. Uh!

They were Remastered, but are only available on the PS4 unfortunately. The first game's also Backwards Compatible on Xbox One.
Looks like we definitely go those remastered. Also, loving that they used Rammstein songs in the trailers for both games and I'm curious as to what the third would be:

Destroy All Humans!

Destroy All Humans! 2: Reprobed

Looking back at this thread as well, I wouldn't mind seeing the first two Driver games get a remake/remaster - with the series having been a homage to the 1960's/70's car chase movies such as Bullitt (1968) and The Driver (1978).
Also, for a series that started out as superior to the earlier Grand Theft Auto games and collapsed after the whole "Driv3rgate" scandal regarding the third game (and which the series never recovered from before it was rebranded as Watchdogs), I do think it might be neat to see it get a second chance.

More information on the Driv3rgate scandal here for those who are interested:

No buggy game should ever be remastered, it should be remade. Like command and conquer: red alert.

Destroy All Humans! 2 was a buggy game (often in humorous ways) and yet that still got remastered - as you can see from the trailer above.

Agreed, Command and Conquer: Red Alert would be good to get a remaster.

Destroy All Humans! 2 was a buggy game (often in humorous ways) and yet that still got remastered - as you can see from the trailer above.

Agreed, Command and Conquer: Red Alert would be good to get a remaster.
It got remastered but I think it should have been a remake (but a sensitive one because it's a beloved game). To release an unfinished game twice is pretty bad.

New Threads

Top Bottom