• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Old School Rap

Yeshuasdaughter

You know, that one lady we met that one time.
V.I.P Member
Post your favorite songs (preferably the clean version) from the 80s and 90s. Please no on screen nudity or drug use.

Last edited:
I really liked the old school rap songs. They had clever turns of phrases and told a story. Since the 90's, rap has turned violent and vulgar, and they've lost the cleverness (my opinion only).

Here's a few of the oldies that I liked:

Pump up the volume, by M|A|R|R|S

Jam on it, by Newcleus

The Beastie Boys had a ton that I liked. Here's just one - Paul Revere

Not sure if this counts as rap, but I like the fast-paced, smoothly-flowing lyrics:
West End Girls, by Pet Shop Boys

I don't go for country music, but I have to admit that they have the wittiest lyrics of any genre. I'm all about the words - tell me a story, give me something to think about, don't take the obvious rhyme but surprise me - I think that's why my favorite band is Barenaked Ladies.

Run DMC, Walk this Way, they are with another group with this song. Gotta love Beastie Boys, also West End Girls.

Here's a fun reference:

In West End Girls (1984), the Pet Shop Boys say:
You think you're mad, too unstable
Kicking in chairs and knocking down tables

In Something You'll Never Find (2006), Barenaked Ladies says:
You're looking for something that's not even there
You're knocking down tables, you're kicking in chairs

Clearly a reference to West End Girls. I like finding Easter eggs like that.

New Threads

Top Bottom