• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Okay , what's next...

Yes, great ideas. l don't have fear, my feelings are l am stuck, just waiting to move on. The PTSD is from my ex and not feeling safe after a breakin to my apartment 2 years ago. My ex terrorized me, l am happily divorced and l have slowly learned to release anger directed towards him. But l still have the trauma of what he did. l basically lived in very inhumane conditions, sadly, my daughter also was subjected to it. My guilt was as a mom, l couldn't save my child from this monster. That still bothers me to this very day. Just thinking that l couldnt figure out what to do. It defintely is more complicated that what is written here. l have been told to go back to him, l rather slowly be roasted to death and be fed to komodo dragons. lol He fooled a lot of people. My mom thinks he is nice, but he is dangerous. My mom allows him in her house.

Last edited:
On a good note, l talk to my counselor tonite. Thank you for your support.

Last edited:
Yes, great ideas. l don't have fear, my feelings are l am stuck, just waiting to move on. The PTSD is from my ex and not feeling safe after a breakin to my apartment 2 years ago. My ex terrorized me, l am happily divorced and l have slowly learned to release anger directed towards him. But l still have the trauma of what he did. l basically lived in very inhumane conditions, sadly, my daughter also was subjected to it. My guilt was as a mom, l couldn't save my child from this monster. That still bothers me to this very day. Just thinking that l couldnt figure out what to do. It defintely is more complicated that what is written here. l have been told to go back to him, l rather slowly be roasted to death and be fed to komodo dragons. lol He fooled a lot of people. My mom thinks he is nice, but he is dangerous. My mom allows him in her house.
why was there no evidence to imprison him ,now Im saying that my father was like that with my mother, never imprisoned and my sister witnessed it.

Now l am micromanaging, what is most important to say, can l ask for things to journal? What books does she recommend? How do you deal with feeling numb? I don't have anger, just numb, and prefer to stay home more. Its comfortable to stay in for me.
Take notes if you need to, in order to work out where the biggest issues are. So for example is you are finding feeling numb (mentioned above) is the biggest problem for you at the moment then you could suggest to the therapist working on that.
But she will most likely take a comprehensive history and she may help you to become aware of things you hadn't thought of.
Asking about books I think is a great idea. I like that. Especially if you're mostly at home.
Its comfortable to stay in for me.
I relate quite a bit to that although I admit I'm not always happy and comfortable at home (99% of the time I am, to be sciency :p). I live next door to a relative who has a number of times caused me to have a panic attack. But on the whole I do like being at home where I can control more of my environment. (who's micromanaging now, hey? :p)
I hope you're okay there @Aspychata :)

He fooled a lot of people. My mom thinks he is nice, but he is dangerous. My mom allows him in her house.
It's sad to read that. I'm really sorry. Sometimes people who abuse others are actually smart people with a lot of control over the way they act. I think that it makes it worse. To know they understand what they are doing, since they can control their behaviour very nicely in front of others... Yeah, I'm really sorry @Aspychata you shouldn't be left with the pain and fall out of something like that - yet that's exactly how it plays out.

Good ideas to work on the numbness. l have found more internal strength. l just keep waiting for a situtation to end and l sometimes get frustrated. I have healed a lot, l wish to get on with my life. I know things will get better and l need to persevere.

@Streetwise This person is a MD and had systemically beat me down over many years. He told me go ahead and complain , nobody will believe you he told me. Go ahead and call the police because we are married, our things are community property and him stealing or trashing my things means the police can't arrest him because they are his things.

New Threads

Top Bottom