• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Okay , what's next...

Aspychata

Serenity waves, beachy vibes
V.I.P Member
So l took a PTSD test and scored high. It's scary. l still am a lot better than l was. Anybody else have suggestions here? Thanks.

Since you are doing better, then whatever you are doing must be working. Right?
I don't have any insights, but keep up the good work!

First of all this online tests are only meant as a suggestion to seek profetinal confirmation & help .

Second nothing has changed in youre life its just the same s it was before you took this test.

So its pretty mush up to how you feel about all this . If you belive you need to seek profetinal help for this then thats that you should do

So l took a PTSD test and scored high. It's scary. l still am a lot better than l was. Anybody else have suggestions here? Thanks.
talk a lot more ,don’t keep it in ,art therapy ,these are memorised suggestions ,not specific to you ,exercise ,being outside ,The British Army benefit from a charity called combat stress ,some soldiers participate in archaeological digs ,activities also included painting ,cookery ,another suggestion by psychology is to read very! young children’s books( I like the very hungry caterpillar ) ,I presume it means associate Words in a very easy way, do you have a library card ? it takes the stress out !of thinking am I spending too much money ! also good to feel part of a community ,Very !easy listening music ,classical !music to start off with ,recommend Clair De Lune by Debussy,prayer ,meditation, nature hike learn from the mindset of animals and Flora .

You didn't really give much info on what you've already done @Aspychata Also, do you feel that you should score better? What if it's just a really dodgy test? As @Sarah S (I think) said, it's more about how you feel than how you scored on a test.
PTSD does change you though. Not that you can't still continue to change (and positively), but it can take a long time and you need to keep working on it, of course. Something that can help with PTSD is specific therapy (working one on one with a professional) to get in touch with your emotions, to recognise triggers, and then to practice ways of dealing with and processing those when they come up.

Trying to schedule today for this. l believe l need to work on dealing with these feelings. Some was due to marriage and divorce, and just not feeling comfortable in my current rental. But l tried to deny and denial is never good. You can't bury feelings. Thanks for everyone's input. That was so helpful.

l like the classical music suggestion. Also the fact l am acknowleging that l have PTSD has really helped me. And that l cry as a result of it.

l am going to schedule a appointment for helping me cope with PTSD. I have let go of anger which really helped. l also can regulate my emotions now and that has been extremely helpful. On to the next step.

So nobody is at front desk. I am waiting awhile but l am determined to get treated. l see that l need a safe place to talk about my feelings by a nonjudemental person. This is a big step because l was so in denial for so long.

So the therapist is suppose to call in the next 24 hours. She has reasonable hourly. It was a big step to admit l needed to talk to someone. It's a relief. l feel like l can breathe. l assume l will learn how to deal with PTSD and sometimes the numbness l feel in regards to feelings. omg

Now l am micromanaging, what is most important to say, can l ask for things to journal? What books does she recommend? How do you deal with feeling numb? I don't have anger, just numb, and prefer to stay home more. Its comfortable to stay in for me.

And being antisocial is a standard now. It use to be a periodic coping strategy, now it's standard release like taking vitamins. But l stay busy, read, listen to music, watch movies. My life feels like a vacation after my horrible marriage and divorce.

Now l am micromanaging, what is most important to say, can l ask for things to journal? What books does she recommend? How do you deal with feeling numb? I don't have anger, just numb, and prefer to stay home more. Its comfortable to stay in for me.
if anything frightens you write that down !,get it out !,I wrote a huge list of everything that frightened me ,pages worth ,when I felt numb ,I did a few different things , I was shocked for a small amount of time and frightened ,then when I started to panic ,I thought I’m going to do what I normally do !every day !try to go out for a few minutes and then go back in ,If the Sun is shining try to stay out for a bit longer ,it will help your sleep patterns, if you go out find somewhere quiet .

New Threads

Top Bottom