• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Okay, lets try this

As has been said before, make sure you know which qualities you find attractive and which you don't.
Once you've got that nailed, think about where a person with those qualities would spend they're time. Library, mall, sports club, science convention, etc...
You've got the what and the where done. Thats the easy bit.

Next up, you have to go to places and meet people. It doesn't have to be crowded places like clubs, but maybe a park nearby or something.
Simple fact of the matter is the less contact you have with others the less likely you are to meet someone you like/likes you.
There is no ruleset for romance that makes sense for everyone, those that claim there is and live by it probably don't really think things trough.
Its about sharing some interests with each other, enjoying moments together, respect, sex, whatever flogs your molly.
It doesn't have to be everything or nothing.

I consider myself rather Aromantic, although I've been in love once when I was 21.
I don't know why, or how she fell for me, she just did. She always used to say she noticed me because of how I observed everyone and everything.
One day I was "scanning" the room and she was staring at me, my first instinct was to run for shelter but I got over it and I said "hoi" which is a way of saying "hi" in dutch.
She just smiled at me like nothing happened, but after class (this was at uni) she stayed in her seat untill everyone but me had left (I was always the last one out to avoid elbowbumping and stuff) and we she talked about her life while I just sat there and nodded. she then asked for my phone number and things kicked off.
In the beginning I found all of it really awkward, like when you see a couple of 10 year old children "dating", that was me.
I had no clue what was expected of me, nor did I know what to expect in return.
It took me about 10 days to get past that stage, even though we met up on a daily basis.
27 days in to the "relationship" we had sex for the first time, which caused another few days of me feeling really awkward.

I'm just trying to say you have to try to be open and accessible when someone takes an interest in you and just go with it.
I'm a total basketcase myself when it comes to romance, yet I managed to hold on to that relationship for over 16 months.

Also, mind the "3 second rule".
Don't hug for much longer then 3 seconds, also don't make it to short.
If some one asks you a question, reply after about 3 seconds. If you need more time to think about the question, after 3 seconds you can say something like "can I get back to you on that" and move on.
Don't look some one in the eye for longer then 3 seconds, unless you think there may be something blooming.
If the other person finds you interesting, there are signs that will tell you. They will be looking in to your eyes more often then normally, they may be touching you, etc...
There's lists of what all of these signs are, I don't know allot of them personally.

New Threads

Top Bottom