• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Odds Are Stacked Against Me

Acknowledged. "There may be some truth to that." However, too many of us are allowing our past dictate our future. Too many of us want to blame others and wallow in self pity. Too many of us want to have others simply accept us as we are, as if it's on them to change their attitudes. Good luck with that. The odds are significantly stacked against a person with that sort of outlook on life, disability or not.

I am thinking the number one thing that society is lacking, is responsibility for one's own actions.

"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."...Hockey legend, Wayne Gretzky.
It's up to the individual whether or not they want to attempt to beat the odds. Nothing wrong with acceptance.

It's up to the individual whether or not they want to attempt to beat the odds. Nothing wrong with acceptance.

So people who try to beat the odds do help each other so we can do better beating the odds.

And people who dont try to beat the odds do help each other so none of them even try to beat the odds.

Its fascinating. Nothing wrong with acceptance of problems that others have solved.

"Did you broke your arm? Dont go to the doctor, just accept it. There is nothing wrong with acceptance. Let me support you, so your arm will never heal. That way I will feel better with my broken leg..."

Lovely.

Please keep trying. The forum helps, because it allows you to communicate with other people. Its a learning experience.

New Threads

Top Bottom