• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Odd conflict

paloftoon

V.I.P Member
Yeah, sign up to anything with an email account made for that purpose is a good one. I have a few ideas too:

I would suggest that if you just want to be friends with a person then state that clearly and in no uncertain terms, when you're getting to know somebody on the interwebs it is easier to cross boundaries set for yourself and others because reading a line of text is open to interpretation, so yeah, be clear.
---
. . .
---
It's not always a good idea to be friendly with people that are overly concerned about strangers, or that post a lot of doom and gloom, if a person is having an awful lot of personal issues or acting too friendly it may be best to reserve friendship

.. . .

If somebody suggests you go off site for more privacy or whatever, don't do it because as moderators we can protect you here form unwanted situations but anywhere else and we have no authority, remember, no matter what site your on, Moderators are there to help, if you have trouble with anybody bothering you don't hesitate to mention it to one of them.

There is very recently an unnamed user who I'd say was very overly concerned about strangers. It seemed that since I was a "new" person (even though I've used the chat room once in awhile and already had like 200+ messages on this website), this person did not like the fact that she had no idea who I was.

Also, all this person did the first time I ever "saw" her online, she just started crying online or wasn't responding in the public chat room otherwise. There was no way people knew she wanted to converse at that time because the last thing she had said beforehand seemed as if the conversation was complete. Then she started getting upset because "no one was paying attention to her."

Since there were multiple conversations going on simultaneously, she was apparently trying to keep up with all of them and couldn't. That was frustrating her. I'm not sure why she just didn't leave the forum that day on her own instead before expressing her frustrations and threatening to leave because of the pressure of the honesty amongst her. She even said she'd not come back, but now she does come back. She even got frustrated to see me on her, and apparently has gotten at least 1 person (maybe more) to avoid me.

That person who supports her at the time only had about 12 messages posted so far, so talk about "new."

This individual was all about "My this and that" even though she didn't use those words.

Anytime a posting wasn't about her or what she wanted to know, her response was an impulsive "I don't understand anything. It doesn't make sense." This was all she cared about at that point in time. Am I supposed to enjoy this type of "conversation"?

For the people that are supporting this individual, I'm glad you are there for her to a point. I hope you aren't doing it to the point where you're promoting this kind of behavior. Based on the reaction from at least one supporter, I suspect otherwise, even though it is probably unintentional.

It made me sad to see her like that. People even paused a few times to give them her attention. I thought it was too much. It appears she has a posse of friends on here that apparently are ignoring me now, and that one or those number of people haven't even tried speaking to me about the situation 1-1.

I do feel a bit hurt that I would be treated like "I didn't belong" just because certain people have never even interacted directly with me. If people are in a clique with that kind of emotionally unstable person, I really don't think I'd want to have anything to do with them unfortunately. I wish them well and I hope they change their attitude and become more open and receptive to people's well-being and respect in addition to their own.

Last edited:
It seems to me that the person in question is suffering form a more acute case of Asperger's than some others, and all of us are entitled to respect and courtesy, if not understanding. That said, no one is required to socialize with anyone else, but when exchanges are made, civility and courtesy should be paramount, regardless of viewpoints or feelings. It sounds as though this situation is best chocked up to her condition, and let go.

Then she started getting upset because "no one was paying attention to her."

Since there were multiple conversations going on simultaneously, she was apparently trying to keep up with all of them and couldn't. That was frustrating her. I'm not sure why she just didn't leave the forum that day on her own instead before expressing her frustrations and threatening to leave because of the pressure of the honesty amongst her.
Probably didn't want to be left out. I've tried to get on chatrooms before too, and it's really hard for some of us. It's very lonely to get left behind in a conversation.

Used to go here and there into chat rooms on various sites, found it difficult to do anything but 'small talk.' As I'm sociable to a certain extent but awful at small talk I don't chat all that much. It's seems too bad that this turned into an 'us' against 'them' sort of clique, paloftoon. Hope it gets figured out.

New Threads

Top Bottom