• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Obsessed with losing quite a few lbs over the next few months.

Metalhead

Video game and movie addict.
V.I.P Member
Ever since COVID shut down the local gym I used to work out at regularly, I have put on quite a bit of weight since I was still eating like I was regularly engaging in weight training and regular daily cardio exercise. Now I am very much overweight, and I feel like beating myself up over it even though that would solve nothing.

I started using an app called MyFitnessPal a few days ago to track the calories I am consuming, and now I am eating considerably fewer calories than what my body has become accustomed to. I also learned that my biggest area of dietary danger outside of calories is easily sodium - I have been working on cutting my salt intake down to reasonable levels, as well. I also decided to give up all alcoholic beverages for the time being, to eventually change my relationship with booze to keeping it for special occasions or vacation times only. I love hoppy beer a bit too much for my own good.

I also made an appointment with a doctor to test myself for type 2 diabetes.

I really am concerned about my health these days. I do not wish to die prematurely over my love affair with food and my lack of access to a decent weightlifting set these days.

The same has happened to me, but due to choices, I've lost 5kg in the past 3 weeks. Just around 25 more to go! Haha. Hopefully in around 8-9 months I'll be in good shape again. It's pretty miserable feeling like a useless blob. I still have that muscle somewhere. Under there.

Yes I need to stop snacking so much and get additionally active, although I do walk 5 to 8 miles per day on about 4 or 5 days a week. That's helping me stay fit and just really enjoy the outdoors. Except in freezing rain. But the weathers more spring like now. Yes lockdown has definitely caused some snacking habits to develop.

Re bordering on type 2 diabetes, people can turn that around, through adjustments to diet and exercise, so it's good to notice if you're heading that way and take action. The weathers improving so it's a good time to be outdoors and eating healthier foods.

The one thing that worked was tight jeans. l could barely pull them up. When l wanted to snack, my pants felt tight so l wouldn't snack. Eventually my pants fit nicer. So you trick your body into weight loss with tight pants. Yes. It's very uncomfortable, but after several weeks, you will see results.

New Threads

Top Bottom