• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Obsessed with fanfiction

LostInSilentHill

Terrible Gaurdian Angel
I love fanfiction, I have since I discovered it. Unfortunately, other people seem to hate on it quite a bit and I have difficulty explaining why I read it. When I get a new 'interest', there are often no books on the subject and it is the only way I can read what I want.

The thing is, I have a hard time reading fiction otherwise. I am just not interested. I can't really explain why I prefer fanfiction, even when there are books about my 'interest' available.

What do you think?

I generally hate fanfiction because a lot of people like to write very disturbing stories involving my favorite Disney characters and it gives me anxiety attacks. o_O But good for you if you like it. :)

The fictions you get in the books pass through a lot of filters and possible executive-meddling, just like in Television. Therefore, you won't find just every kind of topic that way. I think fanfictions, internet videos and these things, are the only capable of giving you a true gamma of possibilities, you can expect nearly anything without the moral filters and censorship.

There are some good fan fictions where it is well written and though they may have alternate story say from movie or cartoon they are based on the characters have the same personality and not altered to be completely different, I have read a few myself and thought some of them are good enough to be published into books but I also read some awful ones too.

I enjoy fan fiction, both reading and writing it. The only thing I don't really care for is the fact that in certain fandoms, writers always seem to ship characters of the same sex(although ii am guilty of doing that in a story, that particular story was a parody, and the shipping was done specifically to explain why the girlfriend of one of the characters involved had a baby with another man), particularly when both characters iinvolved were clearly presented iin the property as straight(an example would be the current reboot of Hawaii Five-0, where I have yet to read a fanfic that doesn't ship Steve McGarret and Danny Williams)...

I love fanfiction. You have to patiently wade through an awful lot of terrible writing, cliches, bad grammar, and teenaged authors who think they are great but are really an embarrassment to all fanfiction, but when you find the really good stuff it is worth it! There are some truly brilliant writers and fantastic stories out there, and some of it is very original despite being based on other stories. Some fandoms have a lot more terrible stuff than others.

Fanfiction was there before deleted and extended scenes. As long as the author or original creator of the work has not specifically said they do not like their work being written in fanfiction, I'm cool with it.

New Threads

Top Bottom