• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Oasis Stories: Violet's Heart of Darkness

UberScout

Please Don't Be Mad At Me 02/09/1996
V.I.P Member
Even within the miraculous, breathable depths of the Oasis ocean... Still here, there is a noticeable trace of anger. Nobody ever said the Oasis was ever perfect; nobody there is perfect, either, not even dear Aloe herself, not even her little brother Vera, not even Flan, the lowly tortoise...

And most certainly.... No, especially Aloe's own shadowy half, Violet.

If the Oasis were a place with perfect denizens, there would be no reason for anybody to go there -- literal perfect harmony with absolutely zero chaos or discord of any kind would simply be the same as our own oceans. And yet, fewer celestial spaces can hold such potent healing power; other humans who come and go through their own sessions of shifting need not even report to one another just how much they heal each time they go, and even those who are from the Oasis itself find solace in its energies of restoration to the mind and spirit.

Perhaps that's why Aloe, and of course her own shade, Violet, were skimming the shores that afternoon, hoping to find some form of symbolic energy that would assist in divination later. For maybe half of an hour, they alternated between swimming underneath the water's edge, brushing tufts of the sand beneath in search of anything energetic -- pearls, crystals or stones, perhaps a shell or two -- and then, in a systematic manner of sorts, a small distance across the sands, in case maybe a tinge of gold or other metal caught one's eye.

It got boring, eventually...

"Sorry, what, forgive my redundant questions, are we looking for again?" Violet's question had a hint of annoyance in it.

Aloe, impervious to all discord as always, calmly and kindly replied: "We're here to see if we can find a hermit crab shell."

You have to be kidding me!, Violet shouted in her mind; though it is in the nature of all Peaceweavers in the Oasis to be always tolerant of, yet impervious to, all things that scratched at one's patience somehow, it would simply be something considered alien if all of them functioned the same as human society does. Aloe and Violet were no different.

In the case of Violet, however, there was one small difference....

Being Aloe's shadow, and therefore, a less "happier" side of her... She too, got angry. And sometimes it was at Aloe, but Aloe always knows why, and understands.

"Hermit crab shells? Seriously? We'll be out here for days!"

"They're there, Violet. You just have to look."

Violet's eyes flickered with more aggravation. She fought herself for a short moment to ensure she didn't snap unnecessarily. "I *have* been looking" she said, halfway gritting her teeth.

That's when the images of the desire to release her frustration, no violently of course, flashed through her mind again. Her eyes began a dim glow of lavender-purple, and, though she controlled herself, she still wanted Aloe to be aware of her feelings;

"This is running my patience VERY thin!!" Violet's voice suddenly escaped, unrealized. She stopped, scaring herself a little, when she heard her own voice; it was extremely rare to hear Violet raise her voice.

Aloe turned to her, and a look of concern, shelled by a layer of empathy, spread across her face. She herself never experiences, feels or projects sadness, depression, anger, fear, or worry, nothing of a negative nature of any kind, so no one ever has to worry if she was unavailable for emotional reasons.

She still wanted everyone to enjoy life, and this was just as well in the case of Violet.

"Alright. Let's just stop for a minute..."

"I'm exhausted! And I haven't seen a single hermit cr--"

"Stop. Breathe." The air carried Aloe's words to revolve around them both, as they echoed and reverberated around them for a moment, gently catching Violet in her heightened state of mind and lowering her back down to a state of calm...

Just like she often does with Tyler...

New Threads

Top Bottom