• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Not like everyone else here

Status
Not open for further replies.
This will be hard to read, but in life there are many hard truths.

Perhaps you feel different, because you are still a child, and many of us are middle aged adults?

As you age, you perceive the world differently. You calm down.

Maybe it's just teenage angst. As you grow, you'll look back and see how you changed.
Not teenage angst, I always have been and it's just awareness I gained now, it will get worser only. I don't percive it worser, it is worser see the Urban Rural thing. You don't want to see the weird houses and off-brand products that taste horrible here, but not in the Urban areas

I think my most despised posts to this forum are the old "if you meet one aspie, you have met one aspie"

Not exactly, because that generalization applies to all human beings.

It’s very unlikely that this is statistically true. I understand that you may feel this way, but you just said yourself in a previous post that everyone is unique. Entire regions cannot be categorized in such a homogenous way. It will make it impossible for us to see people as true individuals. We want to be recognized as unique individuals, and others in the world should be afforded the same respect.

I got called racist several times for not actually being racist, so I understand how you feel there. It's horrible being called racist when you're not a racist person. It's so easy to just throw that word around these days but it can be a very serious accusation to make against someone who was just expressing their thoughts and opinions and having no bias against any race in particular.

No, It's not some sort of superiority, but that I never faced these conditions, it's not much of a superiority, it's difference.

I am not like everyone else here, I get into trouble a lot, I don't take anyone is as autistic as me, as there was thread here about a test, and everyone didn't get as severe of a result as me, I don't have a screenshot, but it said like 90% Autism and ADD, while a another result had ~30% of Autism and ADD, I think it was Rodafina Everyone got mixed results, while I got that I was definitely autistic, I don't feel comfortable here, I also get that people aren't interested in my conlangs and nerdy stuff here, I also have extreme Synesthesia, associating A Major with Purple, Violins with red, cellos with yellow. I also get happy randomly from things, like seeing C styled code, which I tried to see if Outdated has it, and he didn't and considered it weird, not as an insult to him. I have extreme emotions over things like loss over small things like colour of the website changing, etc.

Sorry you're feeling all this.

I scored 92% in the questionnaire thing during my assessment. I have a whole bunch of problems that relate to light, sound and touch. Small changes to my routines and environment can prompt extreme reactions. Communication difficulties have contributed to breakdowns in relationships and made things very difficult for my family.

I don't really know how autistic I am. I'm still learning.

I don't feel like writing a lot about it, but I'm trying to be open about my experience when it seems appropriate. I don't feel anyone else here really understands me either but how could they if I'm only revealing little bits of me. And communication is difficult - so even when I write I'm not sure I'm really explaining myself well. Nevertheless, every now and then I feel a little connection and that's good, to know that someone "gets it", even just in some small not-quite-accurate way.

By the way, this is a little off topic but...
Is Mexico like how I am describing Pakistan? The Richer Urban areas and Poorer Rural areas

If you want to take a peek at how rich and poor live around the world, try this:

For example you can see how people eat, sleep, wash etc. in different parts of the world and in different income groups. Here's a selection of bathrooms from Pakistan and Mexico:

Screenshot 2023-08-21 at 19.11.11.png

I am not like everyone else here, I get into trouble a lot, I don't take anyone is as autistic as me, as there was thread here about a test, and everyone didn't get as severe of a result as me, I don't have a screenshot, but it said like 90% Autism and ADD, while a another result had ~30% of Autism and ADD, I think it was Rodafina Everyone got mixed results, while I got that I was definitely autistic, I don't feel comfortable here, I also get that people aren't interested in my conlangs and nerdy stuff here, I also have extreme Synesthesia, associating A Major with Purple, Violins with red, cellos with yellow. I also get happy randomly from things, like seeing C styled code, which I tried to see if Outdated has it, and he didn't and considered it weird, not as an insult to him. I have extreme emotions over things like loss over small things like colour of the website changing, etc.

I think I am not respected here after that ban, don't take this as an insult. I also talk about Pakistan being bad, and get called racist, It's not racism, that's how Pakistan works, people are taught to be like that, Pakistan is split into two, "Urban" (Rich) and "Rural" (Poor), the Rural people are very mean, naturally because of several reasons that would take too long to explain, but overall, it's like they grew up to be that, I am Urban and due to a lot of drama, that would take too long to explain, I am in an Rural area now, which explains everything, I need to get money and go back to the Urban areas, and that's also why it takes me 1 hour to go to school, it was 15 minutes before. Don't take this as racist/overanalytical.

Also the Rich and Poor difference is very high here unlike in America, where Urban areas have poorer people and Rural having rich people, from what I can get from Quora (I didn't save the post) I also have a lot of sources from Reddit posts.

I think I haven't still mentioned everything. Read everything carefully. I don't hope anything good, high heartbeat
I like your style up front direct to the point, All know about Pakistan is they have similar culture to Indians, and I live in a city full of Indians, and Pakistnians, and now afganians, plus the largest population of people with AB blood type live there.

I like your style up front direct to the point, All know about Pakistan is they have similar culture to Indians, and I live in a city full of Indians, and Pakistnians, and now afganians, plus the largest population of people with AB blood type live there.
It's Pakistanis not Pakistanians. They hate Indians, it's a bit different to Indian

I think I am not respected here, don't take this as an insult. I also talk about Pakistan being bad, and get called racist, It's not racism, that's how Pakistan works, people are taught to be like that, Pakistan is split into two, "Urban" (Rich) and "Rural" (Poor), the Rural people are very mean, naturally because of several reasons that would take too long to explain, but overall, it's like they grew up to be that, I am Urban and due to a lot of drama, that would take too long to explain, I am in an Rural area now, which explains everything, I need to get money and go back to the Urban areas, and that's also why it takes me 1 hour to go to school, it was 15 minutes before. Don't take this as racist/overanalytical.
Pakistan is a backwards hellhole.

Sorry you're feeling all this.

I scored 92% in the questionnaire thing during my assessment. I have a whole bunch of problems that relate to light, sound and touch. Small changes to my routines and environment can prompt extreme reactions. Communication difficulties have contributed to breakdowns in relationships and made things very difficult for my family.

I don't really know how autistic I am. I'm still learning.

I don't feel like writing a lot about it, but I'm trying to be open about my experience when it seems appropriate. I don't feel anyone else here really understands me either but how could they if I'm only revealing little bits of me. And communication is difficult - so even when I write I'm not sure I'm really explaining myself well. Nevertheless, every now and then I feel a little connection and that's good, to know that someone "gets it", even just in some small not-quite-accurate way.

By the way, this is a little off topic but...

If you want to take a peek at how rich and poor live around the world, try this:

For example you can see how people eat, sleep, wash etc. in different parts of the world and in different income groups. Here's a selection of bathrooms from Pakistan and Mexico:

View attachment 112854
Those bathrooms are a bit better, mine is smaller like less than a meter wide. and dirty

Yes, thats true. No one is like you. But on the other hand many, perhaps most people here inhabit the fringe or are even outcasts in their societies. And I know for a fact that quite a few in these autism forums have more pronounced (and sometimed disabling) symptoms then you. Plus, it is mostly people with ASD-1 on the forums and so you don't see the many with ASD-2 and ASD-3.

Yes, thats true. No one is like you. But on the other hand many, perhaps most people here inhabit the fringe or are even outcasts in their societies. And I know for a fact that quite a few in these autism forums have more pronounced (and sometimed disabling) symptoms then you. Plus, it is mostly people with ASD-1 on the forums and so you don't see the many with ASD-2 and ASD-3.
The levels thing only feel like a rough measure, I have some parts of each but mostly level 2

It's Pakistanis not Pakistanians. They hate Indians, it's a bit different to Indian
Here in Brampton Canada nobody who is not from these cultures can tell the difference, even the religious differences. I enjoy conversing with all, not much choice neighbors on all sides.

I have PPD-NOS so I feel like a very atypical autistic, but my teenage social life I had suggests like severe autism, given how lonely and isolated I was from my peers. I don't really want to derail this thread into a sob story of mine, as that isn't fair on the OP, but I'm just letting the OP know that I understand how he/she feels.

It seems to me that people all over the world tend to congregate with their own type.
And by this, I mean rich with rich, poor with poor, cultures have their own styles,
religions their own beliefs, etc.
This is just in general. Certainly not all.
We can grow up with people that try to make us like them, but we don't have to be.
Everyone can learn to think on their own and not fall into a herd mentality if they so wish.

And being judgmental is so very common everywhere.
It almost seems to be human nature.
I guess that is judgmental in itself? It's also observational.

When l was in England, l felt the class distinction profoundly. I grew up in America, but it was very easy to feel less then in England, because class distinction is important by British standards. In America, class lines are blurry to some extent, l can't tell if the person next to me drives a compact or a luxury car, lives in a mansion or rents an apartment, those lines are blurred. So l do understand Urban and Poor l believe. Sorry about your bathroom, l easily get discouraged with simple things like this, and for myself, a okay bathroom is important to me. I have redone plenty of bathrooms. The place l have now, has two very decent bathrooms, however l can already think of replacing and changing certain things in both bathrooms, so l do relate to that part of your post. Are we all going to accept all your special interests? Some here do enjoy coding, and some don't, but everyone is supportive here. Do you feel different? Yes, l do too. I use to wonder if everybody ruminates as much as l do in my middle age. I have finally shut that down. Anyways, it's great you have opened up, and felt comfortable talking about things. Growing up isn't easy, maybe you can be more accepting of yourself, and realize you are having to navigate the high seas as you mature, and stay afloat, stay authentic to who you are, yet you are discovering what you like and don't like in life. In elementary school, l was pretty sure a mistake had been made, and l was with the wrong family, l finally outgrew that thinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Top Bottom