• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

None of "U"

"However" might be a good alternative to the nonconforming word that was chosen.

Yes, the word "however" contains none of the offensive vowel.
That is correct, valid, and a possibility for an alternative.

Find it a little challenging, not all that perplexing. Like thinking that alternative words can replace the everyday ones. It's agreeable to me, as well as diverting.

Yesterday at the pow wow there were three herbalists tents and I discovered a tea that I can make in winter that is pleasant and practical. It's called boreal, and has cedar, raspberry leaves and balsam fir in tiny amounts, its very nice.

This thread is an exercise in lipogrammatic writing.
A lipogram is a kind of constrained writing or word game
consisting of writing paragraphs or longer works in which
a certain letter or collection of letters is avoided.

ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRST VWXYZ
No bedeviled letters there!
No, wait! Don't look in there!
I'm hiding nothing!
Ha! There's nothing in here! I am not the villain I was believed to be!

I am glad that I speak and write in American English. This means that words that are commonly spelled with the Twenty-first letter of the alphabet in British English, are simply spelled with an o instead of the other letter which we are trying to avoid.

I forgot what a lipogram was.
Kylie Jenner got one. When she was a teen, she had her normal face shape that she was born with, and then to attract media attention, she asked a doctor to give her a lipogram.

I'm not certain I approve of non-necessary cosmetic work. It's a shame that Kylie Jenner did not have the ability to accept herself the way she was born.

(As an aside, a word similar to "thee" was incorporated in the last comment.)

We seldom get rain where I live. If not for the fire hazards and water shortages, it’s great!

It is only sixty degrees Fahrenheit right now. I wish I had spent time in the fresh air today. This cool weather makes me very sleepy, so I rested a lot. I did get some things done, however, and ate a delectable salad. I even helped someone in Sweden learn more English. My day is done, and my home is dark and silent. Now I will shower and go to bed.

Last edited:
How nice to help the Swedish friend. I really like the people here. And I’m definitely hooked on these word games!

Evening Primrose.
I don't know what those look like
and somebody was telling me last
night that they grow near here
by the side of the road.

Evening Primrose.
The oil is good for balancing hormones.
It's also nice on the skin.
And it's high in omega threes and sixes.
The oil tastes kinda earthy.
The gelcaps are just as good.
Thanks for mentioning Evening Primrose.

I learned of the benefits of Evening Primrose that I never knew. The Earth is teeming with treats for its people.

If those people are cannibals, some of those treats are corpses. And they're examined by that person who takes from beneath, so to speak, shining the skin and waxing the hair and making the kewl Kim Kardashian lips so the corpse looks good in its coffin. Does anyone else feel this way?

I definitely do not feel that way. I think having a celebrity’s lips applied to a corpse is extremely creepy and I’d like to stop thinking of that image. Instead, I will think of lovely dragons and gnomes and other magical folk.

New Threads

Top Bottom