• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Noisy neighbours making me go insane, any advice?

Oh yeah. Been there, done that, got the t-shirt. But not right now....too many other things to buy.
Lol, you say that but if your anything like me, you"ll reach a point, where youll drive around for hours, looking for a set on a public holiday, and pay three times their value, just for some sanity

Noise is a huge meltdown thing for me. Really stressy. I don't like to be in a position where things could escalate (there's reasons for that), so when I've had a situation where someone else's inappropriate noise is beyond the pale, I just call the cops. They will usually address noise complaints here although it sounds like I might be lucky that way. Seems like a lot of places cops don't bother with noise complaints.

I hope that the complaints were dealt with. If they do that regularly, they should probably get an eviction notice. It's universally accepted that when one lives in a situation with close neighbours, that parties aren't appreciated. I would love to play my music loud but I don't, because I'll catch hell from neighbours. That's just a fact of apartment life. When I want to listen to loud music without wearing headphones, I like to go for a drive. :}

Oh god I feel sorry for I have the same problem, my bed is right up against the wall and opposite that wall are my noisy neighbours. Who love to shout and argue when I'm trying to sleep:(

I didn't get much sleep last night. The young couple below me were fighting again...woke me out of my sleep around 3:00am. I'm beginning to think what I heard hours before was below me rather than next to my unit. How I miss living in my own condo....:(

This situation is one I fear because I would have a very difficult time not doing something stupid, regrettable and possibly illegal. I would just really have a hard time putting up with it. Really.

This situation is one I fear because I would have a very difficult time not doing something stupid, regrettable and possibly illegal. I would just really have a hard time putting up with it. Really.

I know EXACTLY what you mean. At times it can be quite a test of my own degree of tolerance.

I didn't get much sleep last night. The young couple below me were fighting again...woke me out of my sleep around 3:00am. I'm beginning to think what I heard hours before was below me rather than next to my unit. How I miss living in my own condo....:(
Fortunately I dont live in an apartment or high density living, or someone woulf of died by now. I always treat my neighbors, in the way I'd like to be treated. But some of them just dont give a ****. Im a bit obsessive about my territory and im like a rabid guard dog patrolling its perimeter. If I hear unwanted noise, I gotta check it out. The way in which some of my neighbors can be ok with what there doing and at what time, has me foaming at the mouth. I hate conflict and I need to let my frustration levels build to a point where I will finally address it. So by the time ive spoken to a neighbor, im in full conflict mode, ready to tear them a new one. I really dont like this aspect of my personality but really neighbors, open your god dam eyes.
Rant over

Noisy, disrespectful people are the absolute worst. I used to live in a shared house next door to a group of people who would literally have 48 hour parties, smoke weed in the garden, throw rubbish over our fence. I complained to the council about the noise - first they get a warning, then they get a big fine for each time after that.

Problem is, if they know it's you complaining & they happen to be malicious people, they might do something back. The aforementioned lot broke into our house and ran around screaming & trashing things whilst some of us were upstairs, then promptly left. At least one of them apologised a few weeks later, saying that they were "really high" at the time.

Just be careful you know who you're dealing with, & do some research and find out what local authority you can complain to. No one deserves to be kept up like that!

Problem is, if they know it's you complaining & they happen to be malicious people, they might do something back.

Just be careful you know who you're dealing with, & do some research and find out what local authority you can complain to. No one deserves to be kept up like that!

Couldn't agree more. Here you also don't approach someone inside their dwelling without being aware of the possibility that you could be met with lethal force. It's a dicey situation to make a complaint that doesn't fly with law enforcement. Unless of course there's physical evidence of assault, which in case one or both parties in a domestic dispute go to jail here.

I'm just so disappointed that I can't seem to get away from this sort of thing, no matter where I go.

Couldn't agree more. Here you also don't approach someone inside their dwelling without being aware of the possibility that you could be met with lethal force. It's a dicey situation to make a complaint that doesn't fly with law enforcement. Unless of course there's physical evidence of assault, which in case one or both parties in a domestic dispute go to jail here.

I'm just so disappointed that I can't seem to get away from this sort of thing, no matter where I go.

Fortunately my neighbor's are long time residents, who own their own houses. That plus that fact our gun laws are so tight, no one carries. But there is always the possibility of some other form of retaliation. Which is why I only approach them in extreme cases. But yeah I hear what your saying

Fortunately my neighbor's are long time residents, who own their own houses.

Yes, as a renter there are less "niceties" involved with neighbors opposed to the dynamics of homeowners and pride of ownership factors. Goes with the territory of renting. I accept it, but don't have to like it!

Yes, as a renter there are less "niceties" involved with neighbors opposed to the dynamics of homeowners and pride of ownership factors. Goes with the territory of renting. I accept it, but don't have to like it!
Hmmmmmm living wall to wall with a renter would just about finish me, so no I wouldnt like that either. Maybe I should be a little more humble considering what others have to put up with. Things could always be worse

I absolutely loathe living in an apartment. Especially since mine was built very cheaply in the 80s and is a complete hell insofar as noise. My bedroom/studio is right beside the elevator and every 30 seconds it makes this awful kerCHUNK noise because it is hydraulic. I hear running in the hallway, talking, and lots of other noise but at least people here don't do the party thing. I never hear any music unless its a car driving past.

There is no way that I'd confront anyone though. That's the what the cops are for. That is exactly why too- I can't handle it if anyone wanted to escalate things or 'get back' at me for complaining. I learned that lesson early in life. No thanks.

My ultimate dream is to have a house. Preferably on a little bit of land, with some privacy. :}

New Threads

Top Bottom