• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

No Excuse now for cycling with no lights

Same here in Groningen, they have yearly campaigns where people can get free bike lights.

Biking in the US, you look like moving targets. I wish the US would embrace bikes more but then the medical and the petrol companies would suffer. People would be so healthly.

I am in the US and I cycle on a regular basis and I have learned that a lot of people are ignorant of how to pass a cyclist and a lot of other important things like hand signals, being polite and not blaring your horn as you pass... When I go on road rides to town and back I am always having to be super careful and I usually get honked at or yelled at once per trip at least. It doesn't phase me anymore.

Biking in the US, you look like moving targets. I wish the US would embrace bikes more but then the medical and the petrol companies would suffer. People would be so healthly.
From what I’ve heard of cyclists in the UK it’s no better they are seen as a nuisance motorists appear to think they are fodder for accidents.

As a car driver, I've seen lots very poorly lit cyclists at night, no lights and wearing dark clothing, often in areas with few street lights...

Here in Calgary there have also been programs that offer free lights to bicycle owners

New Threads

Top Bottom