• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Nintendo Switch discussion

@VenomousAlbino

I still disagree with you on Sonic, especially on Sonic CD.
We will just have to agree to disagree.

Also the MD games were equally as glitch ridden as their 3D counterparts.

Agree to disagree, yeah I'm cool with that, but at least in the MD games you have to gi looking for glitches; Sonic Adventure glitches to the point where you'd think it was a selling point on the back of the box. :tongueclosed:

Agree to disagree, yeah I'm cool with that, but at least in the MD games you have to gi looking for glitches; Sonic Adventure glitches to the point where you'd think it was a selling point on the back of the box. :tongueclosed:
Um I encountered plenty of glitches in the MD games.
In Sonic 2, it is easy to be wedged between boxes or walls due to a glitch in the physics.
Also if you trigger super sonic when you pass the sign, it will freeze the game making you reset.
The frame rate also shutters regularly.

Sonic 3&K, landings regularly don't register after jumping causing death (especially in the rolling tubes in Flying Battery).
Frame rate regularly stutters when too much happens on screen including losing too many rings.
Doomsday zone has the noticeable slowdown when you hit asteroids.
Blue sphere stages don't always recognize your input (which was ported into Sonic Mania)
Still has the super/hyper sonic glitch at the sign

Sonic 1 has glitches due to the physics engine not responding correctly.
Also frame rate issues
Jumping issues

Many of the glitches derive from Sonic 1 and 2 due to all the games using the same engine.

Sonic CD has plenty of its own issues, such as loading issues (especially when time travel is triggered)
You can get stuck in walls due time traveling altering the stage.
It still has the blasted jumping issues.
Though to be fair, Sega ordered it to market before the team was done.

Sonic Team was told unexpectedly that the Dreamcast launch was moved up and to stop development of the game and to have it ready to ship for the launch.
They only had less than 6 months from when they were told to stop and to release.
There wasn't time to debug the game.

Sonic Adventure 2 development was cut short due to Sega having financial issues.

Sonic Heroes didn't have time to be fully debugged, to meet the holiday release.

Sonic 06 was pushed forward by Sega's management, which is why the game was horrible. If they gave them more time, it probably would have been better.

Sonic & the secret rings was pushed forward as well to meet the launch window of Wii.

Sonic and the black knight supposedly only had a year in development.

Sonic generation was given a full 3 years in oven, but still had a strict deadline.

Sonic lost world was rushed... but it was still decent.

Sonic Forces was given a full development cycle supposedly 4 years in development.

That's the 3D games.

Sonic 1 had 2 years in development (which was more than enough for 2D games)

Sonic 2 had 1.5 years in development and management refused to give the team a delay.

Sonic 3 & K was supposed to be one game for Christmas 1994. But due to expense of the cartridge required and management wanting the next game sooner.

So management ordered the game to be broken into 2, so a game could meet a Christmas release for 1993. So they were unable to debug in time so it was delayed to February 1994 and debugging was cut short to meet the release date.

S&K was "completed" for Christmas 1994... management refused to delay it.

See the trend?

Massive Nintendo Direct today.
20+ games.

Switch
First Party stuff:
  1. Xenoblade 2 is out on 12/1 and it gets a CE.
  2. XCX 2 pro controller on the same day
  3. Mario Odyssey Switch bundle dropping with the game on 10/27, it has special Mario red joycons
  4. Kirby is on Switch in early 2018
  5. ARMS update is out... 3.0 with new character and customizable controls
  6. Arcade Archives, Mario bros is first come 9/27 Super Mario Bros, punch Out!! and others are coming
  7. Splatoon 2 update on Friday with new content
  8. Breath of the wild: Champion Amiibos are releasing on 11/10 and will do something in the expansion pack
  9. Chrom and Tiki get Amiibos and launch alongside Fire Emblem Warriors
  10. Lyn is in FE Warriors
  11. some lesser stuff was announced for Switch
Third party:
  1. Oh Octopath Traveller has a demo out now and is releasing exclusive on Switch in early 2018
  2. Skyrim is out on 11/17
  3. Doom is coming on Switch this Holiday
  4. Wolfenstein II is launching sometime in 2018 on Switch (This october for everyone else)
  5. PSO2: Cloud announced on the Japanese stream
  6. DQ Builders is coming early 2018 (this is the first game)
  7. FIFA 18 was shown for Switch finally and it looks good.
  8. Sonic Forces was shown for Switch and it also looks good
  9. NBA 18 is a decent port
  10. Rocket League has all the features of the other versions and local wireless play
  11. Resident Evil Revelations is confirmed for NA on Switch
  12. LA Noire was reconfirmed for this holiday season
  13. Many other third party titles were announced for the holiday season.
There went my wallet!

What's this "arcade archives" thing? Normally I wouldnt even consider buying something like that (when I can emulate damn near anything on my PC or even my craptastic laptop, including already having every arcade game ever) but having at least something portable to play on plane trips might be nice. Laptop doesnt count as "portable" when planes are involved. Too bulky, too annoying.

And dare I ask what "PSO2" is? It surely cant be what comes to my mind when I see that abbreviation.

Nothing else I care about aside from potentially Kirby. Maybe. If it's not another one of the ultra-gimmicky games that series has been so into recently. Has to have been at least a decade since I played a Kirby game. I rather miss those, they were superb platformers.

Something tells me I've already gotten everything I would ever get for this console though. The only thing Nintendo could produce from here that I'd grab... other than a Kirby platformer... would be a port of Mario Maker. I know Nintendo well enough to know they wont do that though. Aside from ARMS, the thing hasnt ended up getting much use. Zelda only held my attention for about 5 hours.

Well, no, I do still need to pick up Splatoon, but I'm so reluctant on dealing with multiplayer games these days. Just WAY too many bad experiences with them over the years.

Wait, what? It actually IS Phantasy Star Online 2? I.... what? That's exactly what I was thinking it couldnt possibly be.

I dont think I can mentally process that one right now. There are very, very few games that have some sort of special meaning to me, but that is one of them. Thought I'd never see it again anywhere. I'd go for that even if I have to import another freaking console to play it.

On that note, I did think of two other things:

1, Monster Hunter. I dont even know, now, just how long I've been waiting for another full MH game that can be played ON A FULL SCREEN. I freaking LOVE the series. I adore it. But the fact that it's been portable *only* for the most part (with the occaisional rare exception that almost always has something wrong with it) has been extremely frustrating. Dont get me wrong, it's not that the portable versions were ever BAD. But I haaaaaaaaate playing it on any version of the DS or 3DS. The controls seriously dont work for me and I cant crane my neck down for as long as that game requires me to.

I can say though, once THAT hits.... well, that one game alone would sell the entire console to me.

And #2: Pokemon. Same here. I love Pokemon, always been a huge fan, since the very start. But the "portable only" bit has made it very hard for me to play or enjoy it, which is frustrating. Dont get me wrong, I understand WHY it has always been that way, but.... to FINALLY have a full-fledged Pokemon title on a freaking console would be bloody perfection. Not quite as excited for that as I am for Monster Hunter, but pretty darned close.

I also WOULD have bought Minecraft on the Switch.... if it wasnt for the world size limit. Which I do understand is beyond the developer's control. I just cant do that game with a limited world size for all sorts of reasons.

I will buy Splatoon also probably sooner rather than later. I'd really like to get over that unpleasant anxiety I get with multiplayer games, for various reasons. But I cant do that if I dont freaking dive in. Also it's Splatoon, of course it's good.

On a side note I did go back to playing Isaac, which I didnt mention. Dealing with the bloody unlocks is still seriously irritating but I'm too freaking stubborn to NOT go and do the damned things. The only problem I have with the actual gameplay is that there's a couple of extremely strange (and extremely obvious) bugs here and there. But nothing that ruins anything. Just... seriously, the damn unlocks. I'm not looking forward to trying to fight freaking Delirium while playing as The Lost and dying to him 2000 times. Among even more awful unlock conditions. Gonna freaking do it anyway. Because Isaac.

@Misery

First off Monster Hunter became a big franchise due to handheld releases. Tri on Wii was the best selling console version to date.

Monster Hunter Worlds is launching in January on PS4/Xbox one with PC to follow sometime later. This game is a simplified/streamlined reboot (if you can call it that). It’s made for the WEST!

We don’t know if there is a new traditional Monster Hunter in development.

Pokémon is also in development for Switch with most likely a 2019 release.

@Misery

First off Monster Hunter became a big franchise due to handheld releases. Tri on Wii was the best selling console version to date.

Monster Hunter Worlds is launching in January on PS4/Xbox one with PC to follow sometime later. This game is a simplified/streamlined reboot (if you can call it that). It’s made for the WEST!

We don’t know if there is a new traditional Monster Hunter in development.

Pokémon is also in development for Switch with most likely a 2019 release.

Ugh, yes, I remember Tri on the Wii. Loathed it. I'll not waste time going into why. Granted I hated the entire Wii also, so that works out well enough. Later versions of 3 supposedly fixed most of the problems I had with it, but.... feh. I didnt want another bloody PSP game (and my PSP had been destroyed in a car crash anyway, didnt care enough to replace it), or whatever damn handheld it was on, and the Wii U version I just ignored (because I knew multiplayer would be nigh impossible due to the low popularity of the console, particularly when it came to people I know).

I did pick up the most recent 3DS MH game awhile back, because why the hell not, but.... for the usual reasons, had to drop it after about 3 hours. For me, totally unplayable. Not the developer's fault. There's a reason I no longer use handheld systems, I'll just put it that away. I still have a 3DS somewhere but it hasnt been used in probably a full year.

I've never heard of Worlds. Sounds like trouble. What did they screw up this time? I dont think there's much that would surprise me at this point. Any time I hear "made for the west" I know to expect something stupid.

Pokemon being that far off is disappointing but expected. But it's not like the bloody device is going anywhere, so.... yeah. Er.... I hope not, anyway, it just occurred to me that I dont actually know where it is. Bah, I better deal with that today rather than find it broken in a heap two weeks from now.

I just bought Fire Emblem Warriors for Switch. At the last minute I was able to nab the deluxe edition due to the 3 disc sound track. It’s quite good.

The game is quite fun... it’s literally Fire Emblem as am action RPG with the Dynasty Warriors system largely underneath. The weapons triangle actually plays a part in dealing/receiving damage. You also have items, level up system, bonding, pairing up, etc...

Haven’t unlocked history mode, which you replay historic battles from the mainline fire emblem games!

So after three weeks of MARIO Odyssey I unlocked the last part of the moon. Then I finally grew I tired of the game.

I got Skyrim tonight and it’s true the switch version has the best frame rate at a locked 30 FPS!

Though I had to restart my file due to something causing Alvor to attack me.

Oh I snagged Skyrim for $25.43 at Meijer

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is due out on December 1st

New Threads

Top Bottom