• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Nintendo Switch discussion

I still have very little interest in Switch. E3 didn't impress me (but it rarely does.. just an overhyped event mainly for the casuals and for people that buy big name games and not much else).

I still have very little interest in Switch. E3 didn't impress me (but it rarely does.. just an overhyped event mainly for the casuals and for people that buy big name games and not much else).

Aye, pretty much.

When it comes to consoles, it seems to be more about what franchises you like (provided you like any of them) rather than anything else. And sometimes genres.

I stick with Nintendo for Mario, Pokemon, Splatoon, and a couple of others. I stuck with Playstation for awhile strictly for fighting games. I used the 360 for a time because it was the only thing I was getting the shmup genre on.

But in the end, the PC is what I mostly use. The only things it DOESNT have is those specific characters related to certain franchises; mostly Nintendo's stuff. There's no real restrictions otherwise (though I will say I prefer not to deal with fighting games on it). If I wanted a new shmup for instance I could just go buy one right now. There must be a gazillion of them at this point. But on console? Yeah, good luck with that one.

Alot of consumers dont think that way though. They want the whole "easy to use" aspect, and they want the games to come to them, not the other way around, and the consoles provide that aspect. E3 is also about both of those concepts.

Frankly, as far as I'm concerned, E3 is mostly just a comedy reel. I'm never going to get any actual useful info out of it, nor are games I care about going to be shown there, but it CAN be hilarious from time to time.

So, it comes time to buy one of these bloody things, and suddenly I'm reminded of one of the biggest problems with Nintendo: Actually BUYING one of their products is made into as much of a nightmare process as conceivably possible EVERY FREAKING TIME.

I have no idea who it is, but I'd like to see SOMEONE there get fired (and forced to work at McDonalds for the next decade) for making their godforsaken products impossible to get ALL THE TIME. Even Amazon seems a bit lost on this one, and that's an accomplishment.

Either I'll find one of the things soon enough (as in, within the next two days, probably).... or my patience will snap before that point, the idea will go totally out the window, and I'll spend the money on a new iPad instead, because screw it. Really, really dont like jumping through hoops to make a simple bloody purchase. USUALLY, I dont support or buy products that involve this.

Right now, leaning towards the iPad. The Switch bit is already more than a bit ridiculous and on my nerves. And all of this just for Splatoon and ARMS. And a seperate controller since the base form is unusable to me.

All of this is just adding to my growing hatred of consoles, really. This crap only happens with them.

Could be worse though, could be the XBone.

Don't let a certain someone hear you say that, you filthy stupid PC fanboy. :tongueout:

In some ways it'd be so freaking satisfying though. I've been tempted to do the anti-XBone rant more than a few times here. Something tells me I'm not the only one. So far, I have resisted. Barely.

Anyway, so, the bloody thing did end up getting ordered, due to my father jumping in and just outright doing it, because why the hell not... and so far, well... I'll just say, it's not exactly a pleasing situation yet. As is pretty much standard for Nintendo, actually GETTING the thing, even once ordered, involves jumping through alot of flaming hoops and doing assorted nonsensical things.

Ya know, I'll give the XBone credit for one seriously massive advantage it has over the Switch: IT IS ACTUALLY SOLD IN FREAKING STORES.

I know, too much angry ranting here, but there's just no good excuse for it in this day & age.

For all the trouble this is causing, this (ARMS) had better turn out to be the single greatest game in the history of ever. I will admit that it really does look fantastic. No, seriously, this looks like the best thing since Virtual On (which it actually reminds me of). I did already pick the game up (and a controller), the Best Buy actually has the freaking games. I also seem to have ended up with a copy of both Zelda and Mario Kart. I'm not entirely clear on why. But I'm also not one to complain about getting games that I didnt have to pay for. I suppose I'll be trying out Zelda later after all. Splatoon I'll pick up a bit later, I've a convention to fling money at first. I'm more interested in ARMS right now since it's truly new. Still unclear as to whether or not I'll buy Isaac on it. On one hand, the reasons I've mentioned before. On the other hand.... it's freaking Isaac.

For TODAY though, back to Steam. Which just outright gives me the damn things I buy.

This also brings up alot of memories of how places like Gamestop USED to work (before it was even Gamestop). Before digital sales. When you'd pre-order something (used to actually make sense to do so, back then), and they'd screw up the shipment, and lunacy would occur... among other issues. As much as I miss the old days at times, I'm kinda glad that bit is over with.

I just realized that there is no Miiverse or anything similar here.

Is... is this back to the foul darkness that is Friend Codes? Someone please tell me it isnt. I still regard those as the single most irritating thing Nintendo has ever done that isnt motion controls.

Something tells me I'm not going to be using any social features whatsoever on here.

This also brings up another question: What the heck is the point of the Miis?

Also, Zelda: Whoever put crouch on the godforsaken stick button should be fired. Whoever INVENTED those buttons should be banished to Jupiter. I've always wanted to punch whoever came up with those originally. I'd love to find some way to just permanently disable them. As in, literally make them no longer function.

Last edited:
I just realized that there is no Miiverse or anything similar here.

Is... is this back to the foul darkness that is Friend Codes? Someone please tell me it isnt. I still regard those as the single most irritating thing Nintendo has ever done that isnt motion controls.

Something tells me I'm not going to be using any social features whatsoever on here.

This also brings up another question: What the heck is the point of the Miis?

Also, Zelda: Whoever put crouch on the godforsaken stick button should be fired. Whoever INVENTED those buttons should be banished to Jupiter. I've always wanted to punch whoever came up with those originally. I'd love to find some way to just permanently disable them. As in, literally make them no longer function.
First off, Miiverse was left off of Switch due to how "kiddy" it was seen in the West. It has nothing to do with Friend Codes. Miiverse is also shutting down this year with an update that will remove the feature from 3DS and Wii U. This is in part due to lack of user activity and the costs of server operation.

You can add friends on Switch multiple ways
  1. Friend codes
  2. email (yes you can send the invite to their email that contains a clickable link)
  3. Via Nintendo ID (will also let you import your Wii U and 3DS friends, who own Switches).
  4. Via Nintendo's mobile apps
  5. Via local wireless between Switches
  6. Via online play in certain games (Splatoon 2 is one of them)
  7. Via social media

YOU DONT HAVE TO USE FRIEND CODES! Repeat you don't have use FRIEND CODES!
They are an option!

Miis are used by the system for accounts and some games use them too.

It's up to developer if they want to use Miis.

The share button lets you post screenshots directly to social media. You can also edit them before posting.

There is an update planned for later this year to add the video recording functionality.

REPEAT FRIEND CODES ARE AN OPTION!

Well that's good to know, then. I remember when they werent an option. Been awhile, hasnt it. It's too bad about Miiverse shutting down. That and the whole "kiddy" thing. Did I mention that I seriously hate the gaming community sometimes? Okay, all the time. Frankly they can all just go jump off a cliff. "Kiddy". Just.... argh.

I have set up a Nintendo account finally so that I can access the online store. I managed to just get the name Misery, no stupid numbers or punctuation.

The share function I did see, but it's of no use to me. I've always avoided Facebook and whatever the heck else there is like the plague. The mobile app I'm also going to avoid. As far as I'm concerned, my phone is a glorified flashlight, a magical talking map, and nothing else. I've heard nothing but bad about that app anyway. The fact that it even exists is more than a little bizarre.

Online play I havent tried yet.

Also broke down and bought Isaac. As if I didnt have enough freaking copies of it. It's nice to have a portable version on a device that doesnt weigh a zillion tons (iPad: really heavy). it's less nice that it's missing the bloody updates (dammit, Edmund...). I keep thinking the game is bugging out by not doing things like generating the dressing table at the start of each floor. It's a well-made version though... a little slowdown at times but only in situations where lots of PCs would also experience it.

Probably will buy Puyo-puyo Tetris soon too. That seems entertaining.

You can change your Nintendo Account/Switch name at anytime since it's tied to your email.

I'm hoping to get a switch when Fire Emblem and the Pokémon games release because I have always wanted to play those two on a hd home console and now I can!

The only thing I'm concerned about though is being able to actually get the console, because it's still quite difficult to find but hopefully by the time those two games release there will be more than enough to go around.

Oh and Animal Crossing too, which I'm certain will be announced by the end of next year.

@Misery I have to ask: why have you ever bought a console? I don't think I've ever seen you make a positive comment about one. :laughing:

@Kypfc I wouldn't worry about it not being able to get hold of a Switch. Nintendo's gone on the record several times regarding its plans to significantly ramp up production. I think the problem is that they weren't eager to over-produce the Switch when its predecessor only managed to shift 13 million units; no one wants warehouses full of unsold stock, after all. Given how the limited Switch stock available is selling like hot cakes and how the general consensus is "Switch = good", Nintendo must be keen to get as many units out to stores as possible now.

Last edited:
@Misery I have to ask: why have you ever bought a console? I don't think I've ever seen you make a positive comment about one. :laughing:

@Kypfc I wouldn't worry about it not being able to get hold of a Switch. Nintendo's gone on the record several times regarding its plans to significantly ramp up production. I think the problem is that they weren't eager to over-produce the Switch when its predecessor only managed to shift 13 million units; no one wants warehouses full of unsold stock, after all. Given how the limited Switch stock available is selling like hot cakes and how the general consensus is "Switch = good", Nintendo must be keen to get as many units out to stores as possible now.

To be fair though, I dont normally make much in the way of positive comments about computers either.

Sure, Steam and similar vendors are useful for gaming. Sure, it's my main machine for gaming. And it's true about the selection of games being dramatically bigger.

....Too bad it's stuck with Windows and about 1000000000 problems that go along with it. Let's just say that the PC rant is MUCH longer than the console rant. Much..... much longer.

At least with a console, you just use the bloody console. With a Windows PC? You better be prepared to do battle with the OS itself, at moments of it's own choosing. It's a war that never truly ends.

There's one and only one type of gaming machine that I genuinely never had any complaints about, and that's ancient DOS-based PCs. As in, before Windows. I miss those.

These days, I just hate everything. Currently my laptop (not what I'm using right now) is the focus of my loathing, not any console. I need a sledgehammer.

Sonic Mania looks good in my new TV... I finally have a 1080p smart TV! Best Buy sale ends today.

Secondly I'm stuck on the final zone of Sonic Mania.

I beat it after a few hours of trying to take down the boss.

Cool. I've beaten it with Sonic, Tails, Knuckles and Sonic & Tails now and I'm still going back to it. As a massive fan of the Mega Drive games who's longed for a truly great Sonic game for far too long, I can honestly say that in my opinion Sonic Mania is all but perfect.

Cool. I've beaten it with Sonic, Tails, Knuckles and Sonic & Tails now and I'm still going back to it. As a massive fan of the Mega Drive games who's longed for a truly great Sonic game for far too long, I can honestly say that in my opinion Sonic Mania is all but perfect.
But did you unlock the true ending and final boss?

I beg to differ about the quality of post MD games.
Sonic adventure was decent but aged horribly
Sonic adventure 2 was quite good, though Chao Garden helped a lot.
Sonic Lost World (Wii U) was good after the first two patches.
Sonic generation was good
Sonic 4 ep1&2 I found to be fun.
Sonic forces looks to be fun

I also liked Sonic Shuffle too.

Though there are plenty of bad MD Sonic games too.

But did you unlock the true ending and final boss?

I beg to differ about the quality of post MD games.
Sonic adventure was decent but aged horribly
Sonic adventure 2 was quite good, though Chao Garden helped a lot.
Sonic Lost World (Wii U) was good after the first two patches.
Sonic generation was good
Sonic 4 ep1&2 I found to be fun.
Sonic forces looks to be fun

I also liked Sonic Shuffle too.

Though there are plenty of bad MD Sonic games too.

Yep; all Emeralds and secret ending on all playthroughs.

I don't disagree with you on your opinions on (most of) the Sonic games you listed. Sonic Mania is the first great one since the 90's, though; even Sonic 4 - as much as they tried - with its wonky physics pales in comparison to Sonic 1-3, Knuckles and CD.

ARMS and Splatoon 2 updates are now out.

Also Pokken DX demo is out too

I'm not a big fighting game fan but I'm enjoying the Pokkén Tournament DX demo a lot. Definitely a game I'll be taking a look at.

@VenomousAlbino

I still disagree with you on Sonic, especially on Sonic CD.
We will just have to agree to disagree.

Also the MD games were equally as glitch ridden as their 3D counterparts.

New Threads

Top Bottom