• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Nighter, my first short story in years

Markness

Young God
V.I.P Member
Nighter

Sondo was on a walk at Sky Mind Trail, a walking area near the edge of Tempbell. He had crossed over the parking lot that was still being constructed, feet dragging slightly from exertion, and traversed the dirt road that led to a work shed in front of the dam next to the walkway that would lead back to where he left his car earlier. A large brontopod was grazing close by the work shed and lifted its head towards Sondo as he approached the walkway. It let out a gurgling sound at him before lowering its head back down. Sondo shrugged and continued onward, passing another looming tree and over a bridge, a young shrillbeak taking notice of him as he fished in the water below with his serrated bill before Sondo made it back to his car. When he sat down on the plush seat, his body ached and he had to rest for a moment as well as make room for his tail. He reached into his satchel and took out a bottle of Gist. He sprayed some into the car itself as well as on his arms and inhaled the lemon grass scent. It calmed his nerves and relaxed his muscles. Distorted stringed instruments and pulsing electronic drums along with synths and programming thrummed from his car stereo into his elven-looking ears as he started the car. A therap girl, maybe the same species as him, her large eyes yellow-green in color, passed by the vehicle with her leashed dog. Sondo thought she was attractive but wished he didn’t have social anxiety as he backed up and left the parking lot. His body ached slightly from exertion and he felt the urge to doze off but a quick triple pronged finger tap to his head snapped him out of it. As he was about to turn onto the street heading back towards the city, he saw that the night was approaching sooner and sooner behind the hospital building that stood close to the park. He exhaled, relaxed his ears, and hit the gas at a steady speed.

As he drove closer to the market place, the sky was now a dark blue with stars appearing in it. The streetlights were in full bloom like UFO lights and creatures of all sorts connived along the remaining green spaces, having gotten used to the presences of both humans and humanoids. Sondo drove behind another hospital building, the road curving towards the metal fences that stood atop the concrete rise behind the marketplace. Behind the fences, a large water tank full of warp fish could be seen through a window.

The marketplace reflected the movies of this era. A lot of them took place at night and streetlights were the common source of light, cars passed constantly and had music blazing from their windows, and crazy incidents were always erupting among the citizens. A large meganops (giant face) was causing a traffic obstruction in the middle area of the main parking lot and proclaiming himself to be “Daddy” to everyone around him. Serrated teeth the size of most human and humanoid hands were arranged in a unsettling smile below glowing orange eyes. He pointed at his “chosen” with a clawed finger that could easily rip through a human and humanoid’s torso if they weren’t significantly strong enough. But when the police showed up, he quickly bounded away into the air, knocking some people off their feet and pushing some cars back. Sondo felt the force of the bound but he was a good distance from the spectacle. He parked away from the chaos and got out of his car before stepping up on the sidewalk. Even at night, there were waves of heat and the smell of gasoline mixed in. Over by one of the restaurants he noticed a common duo in this area: Grife and Impy. One was a slender and normally cranky cassosaur and the other a squat and normally chipper cyclops. This time, in the latter’s case, he looked stunned and worried. They had been alerted by the commotion of Daddy and while Impy asked questions to whoever could hear, Grife snarled at the young cyclops to be quiet. Sondo knew both of them but he wasn’t sure what to saw to them or if they were soon going to leave so he carried on. After walking a good distance around, he ascended up a stairwell.

Graffiti art and interesting signs lead the way up the steps into a hallway. “KEEP YOUR HEAD ON THE GROUND!”, “I WANT TO SPRECK WITH YOU, MY LADY!”, “YOUR SECRET SKIN WILL SHELTER ME!”, “NEED A PLACE FOR YOUR PAIN? COME ON DOWN TO NEUROPATHY BLUES!”, and “FOR SOME BLOOD SPORTIN’ CALL XXX-XXX-XXXX (the numbers had been crossed out)!” we’re spoken in different voices in Sondo’s mind as his eyes took in what was on the walls. It helped that he knew the lyrics to ones that were songs, Neuropathy Blues was a bar that had recently finished being set up, and blood sports was a sexual act that was mainly underground until very recently but very few would actually take part in it. Whether it was a good thing or not to know, Sondo had come across knowledge of it. He felt like a stray morphic field found its way to him. A cat trotted along the middle of the hall, meowing at Sondo as it passed him. Around the third door on the left were windows showing that there was a shop called Giffen’s in this place. A human dressed like a clank head walked out of the place with an clear orange bag of items and looked in Sondo’s direction. “What was that loud sound earlier?” he asked him. Around his neck were plush cubes with symbols linked by bendable wires that could glow if gently pushed. Sondo swallowed and replied, “It was a meganops calling himself “Daddy.” while blocking traffic. He jumped away when the police showed up.” “Hmmmm, weird.” The human stated plainly. Sondo yawned, his fangs sticking up slightly like a mandrill’s. “You don’t see much of them in the cities but they are showing up more. This “Daddy” figure, though, sounds like bad news.” The human nodded at that and followed the cat down the stairs. Sondo shrugged his shoulders and walked into Giffen’s. Electronica music greeted him as well as the smell of vanilla vapor coming from a nearby ionizer. It was a relief from the gasoline smell permeating outside. On a rack close to the checkout counter were more of those “neck cubes” but Sondo had no interest in wearing them. They were probably a fad item that would quickly become seen as novelties and end up in the bargain bins. The cashier, a blue-skinned therap, looked up from her magazine towards Sondo. He noticed that her nametag read UPMA. Interesting name, he thought to himself. She had a tired look on her face and let out an exhale. “Can I help you?” she asked. “Oh, I guess so,” Sondo replied. “What music am I hearing in here? It sounds good.” Upma’s mouth formed a slight smile at hearing that. “It’s the new CD from Orbital. You never heard of them before?” Music was usually Sondo’s strong point but he was slipping lately. “Oh, I am a fan of them but I didn’t know they had a new album. I like a lot of bands and can only keep up with them so much.” Upma nodded at that while placing her magazine down and slipped in a bookmark in it before she closed it. “Here,” she reached under the counter and pulled out a jewel case container for the Orbial CD. “This is our last copy. I’ll give you a discount for it.”
Sondo took out his wallet and paid for the CD. He looked at the booklet beneath the glass briefly before Upma handed him a bag to put it in, said “I’ll let you know what I think about it next time I see you.” and nodded farewell at Upma. She nodded in return and looked at her magazine once again.

Descending the stairs, Sondo wondered if he should’ve continued talking to Upma or not. Second guessing was always clawing him internally and it especially liked to cause feelings of missing out to bleed. Before he could think further on it, he noticed that the stairs didn’t end on the sidewalk like they should’ve. Instead, it was like the night sky itself had descended to the concrete. His night vision wasn’t working. It was like he had awoken inside a nightmare. Even when he turned around to look back at the stairs, void greeted him. Laughter, like an electronic voice mocking someone and going out in an echoing fade, came from where he looked previously. A voice spoke and it sounded like it was saying “We want you back.” directly into his brain. Something was coming for him in that void and he couldn’t run or fight it. Dread washed over him and he felt his endo spike in his chest. It was like something was reaching into his spirit and trying to turn his body into a hollow shell. He opened his mouth to scream; a roar of rage and defiance exited him instead as if every fiber in his being was yelling “No! You can not touch me!” at once. His vision filled with a green hue and the emotions expelled from within had taken the form of a blue beam of energy. He could now see what was in the void and his voice had become a weapon. Beings he had never seen before were reeling back from what he had done. Faces both wincing in pain and growing in anger. But something else soon made them retreat in fight. The void receded and the streetlights once again illuminated the night. Feeling weak in his body, his mind scattered, and his endo off centered, Sondo slumped to his knees. He pulled his arms close to himself, clutching the bag he was given earlier and feeling the rough edges of the CD case digging into his side through it. When his vision started to come back, he noticed a figure standing next to him. It was a tall figure that had three red eyes in a triangular pattern underneath a grey hood with green patterns trailing down the back. The body was enrobed with the same patterns continuing across it and two cybernetic hands with clawed finger tips hung motionlessly from the sleeves. A vaporous green energy emitted from one of the tips. “Tephno...” the words escaped from Sondo as if he were in a reverie before his senses snapped back. “Wh-wh-who are you?” he asked the figure. The figure simply stated “You are awakening...” before a flash of nebulous yellow light engulfed the form and disappeared from sight.

Last edited:
Interesting and intriguing. Will you write more about these characters? Seems like you have a world that's well worked out there, and this is just a small chunk of what's happening.

Interesting and intriguing. Will you write more about these characters? Seems like you have a world that's well worked out there, and this is just a small chunk of what's happening.

Oh, yes! Grife and Impy are actually from some older short stories and I’ve been wanting to reuse them since the older stories aren’t up to par with this one. Everyone else is new though Daddy has been in my mind since 2016 but I could never get him written down until some months back. I had a long spell of writer’s block before finally finishing this.

It’s definitely a small chunk of a larger world. I’ve more or less envisioned it for ten years and kneaded the clay for it in different ways. I can’t look at the previous attempts without cringing heavily. I also wanted to post something new rather than old shame.

Last edited:
I decided to do a bonus add-on to this story. What happened to Grife and Impy as well as Daddy?

“Come on, Impy!” Grife snarled at the young cyclops, wanting to leave the area. “But Grife,” Impy tried to stall the gruff cassosaur. “We need to know what’s going on!” Feathers ruffling and hissing through closed teeth in his beak, Grife wanted to convey to Impy he wasn’t going to tolerate staying any longer and would leave him behind if he had to. Exhaling in defeat, Impy nodded and complied. When both turned towards Grife’s car, they saw that a gang of slimewarts had connived on the car. Cackling with glee and trailing slime, they were oblivious to the world around them and thought it was fun to mess around on someone’s vehicle. “Get off my car,” Grife shrieked like his dromaeosaurian ancestors, “you squirms!” and rushed towards the car, his claws spread out to rend the interlopers. “Grife, don’t-“ Impy was cut off mid-sentence as Grife’s claws slashed the slimewarts off the car. Injured but still alive, they struggled to regain their balances. One of them turned in place and defiantly squeaked “You...sh-shlime hater!” at the cassosaur. “Shut up, squirm!” Grife snarled and loomed over the small soul. Before a fatal blow could be dealt, Impy forced himself between the slimewart and Grife. “That’s enough, Grife,” the cyclops that was usually jolly now frowned at his friend and his eye began to glow red, the warning sign for a cyclops’s secret weapon. “You’ve already hurt him enough and I won’t tolerate your slurs anymore!” Grife again hissed through closed teeth, then let out a sharp exhale before lowering his arms and unhooking his fingers. Even someone like him knew the limits of their anger. The red in Impy’s eye receded and he breathed a sigh of relief while the slimewarts crawled away. “Feeling better now, Grife?” Impy asked the cassosaur. Grife shrugged and walked to the driver’s door of the car. “I guess so,” Grife replied to the cyclops. “Let’s just go now.” Impy trotted to the passenger side, opened the door, and got in while Grife did the same for his side. Pulling the car of the parking lot, they headed for home.

Meanwhile, Daddy landed with a loud thud on the outskirts of the city. The earth beneath him cracked in all directions and all wildlife in the area was sent running in fright. The meganops shook off the dirt that expelled into the air from his impact, blinked his glowing orange eyes at the same time, and he turned to look back towards the city. “This world is still childish,” he spoke with a guttural undercurrent. “But not for very long. It still needs a father and I shall make sure it gets one!” As he moved his bulk uphill, his followers soon arrived to join him, un-wavered in their devotion. Joyous chuckling was their reward. They bowed before their meganops leader as he reached the zenith of the hill and his chuckling grew to enormous laughter as he spread his arms and a mental command ignited the bio-gauntlets implanted behind his wrists. They sparked with electrical energy and formed an arc above the bulky head of their owner as he angled them towards each other. Daddy wanted to the world to know it had not seen the last of him. He may not have taken over it yet and the police intervening was a set back but his ambition was hardly chipped. He just needed to figure out his next move.

The old side of the city was slightly labyrinthine with twisting streets, looming trees, houses that felt like one could run into them with their vehicle if they weren’t careful, and stores that had glaring lights during the night. Grife and Impy, however, were used to it. Impy had popped in Meat Beat Manifesto’s Satyricon CD in the stereo, two years old and still sounding fresh. “You need to listen to more music like this, Grife. It will soothe your anger from the day and block out your bad thoughts.” Grife shrugged at Impy’s statement and kept his eyes on the road. The car was coming to a bridge and would be nearing their home after one more quarter mile. “Tomorrow better be-“ Grife was going into a rant but was cut off by what sounded like bubbling laughter and hit the car breaks, jerking both denizens forward. A glowing green singular eye appeared in the air about 20 feet away from the car. The car lights flashed on the form holding the eye. It was like a cyclops but with drooping arms instead of legs, a flowing mane behind its head, and wings holding the body aloft. It still had a tail but was slender instead of stout like a normal cyclops. An ancestral fear spiked inside Impy as the glaring eye seemed to look through Impy’s own and directly into his soul. “G-g-g-Grife...” He tried to speak but the fear made him stammer. “What, Impy?” Grife quipped at Impy, who finally managed to get his words straight: “It’s a nyxclops! The mean cousin of my kind!” Raising its arms and bending them at right angles, two purple flames materialized in the hands of the nyxclops. Grife hit the gas and swerved hard as the flames flew past the car and exploded like small bombs on the road, leaving a jagged crater in their wake. Letting out what sounded like a distorted breath, the nyxclops proceeded after the car. It tossed more flames and Impy gasped with each impact. Grife kept his foot down on the pedal but hit the breaks again when a flame arced over the car and landed in the road in front of them. The car flipped onto its side and rolled onto the parking lot of a convenience store along the road. Fortunately for Grife and Impy, it landed upright. They were disoriented but still breathing. Grife growled in pain and felt his rage returning. “I’m gonna kill that thing!” He snapped and stumbled out of the car. “Wait, Grife!” Impy struggled to get on the ground. “You’ll need my help!” Grife ruffled his feathers as the nyxclops appeared again and took in a breath before belching out a blast of blue energy. Before it could dodge, the hot blue orb struck its torso and made the nyxclops snarl out an odd sound akin to a low piano key being pressed sharply. It retaliated by descending swiftly and slashing at Grife who parried it blow for blow with his talons. He lunged forward in an attempt to bite, finding his beak clashing with the teeth of the flying predator. While this had been going on, Impy’s eye glowed red again, only this time he wasn’t giving any warnings. “Grife, move out of the way!” Impy shouted forcefully. After knocking away some more slashes from the nyxclops, Grife jumped to his right and felt some heat pass through the air on his left. Impy had emitted a beam of red energy from his eye. It caught the nyxclops in its own eye and bored through its skull, ripping the flesh and setting its mane ablaze. It dropped lifelessly to the ground in a burning mess. With his eye feeling strained and his body over exerted, Impy shuddered and struggled to regain his composure. Getting past his shock of what he just saw, Grife ran to Impy’s side. “Are you ok, Imp?” The cassosaur asked his young cyclops friend. Impy breathed, “Yes, Grife...” and nodded at the same time. Shortly after, the fire department and police arrived to handle things.

Last edited:
Yes that was a gripping fight, and your characters are great, strange and original. My cat tried to walk across my screen as I was reading, and I pushed her off fast, wanting to know what happened next! I liked the way the characters all had their own cultural ways, even denoted by the language use, - the slimewarts and their conniving was brilliant! Write some more!

Yes that was a gripping fight, and your characters are great, strange and original. My cat tried to walk across my screen as I was reading, and I pushed her off fast, wanting to know what happened next! I liked the way the characters all had their own cultural ways, even denoted by the language use, - the slimewarts and their conniving was brilliant! Write some more!

Wow, really? You moved your cat out of the way? That’s the best thing I’ve seen someone say about my writing! I will write more when I figure out what I should do next. Do you have any writing of your own?

By the way, have you listened to Meat Beat Manifesto and Orbital? They are from the UK although Jack Dangers, the leader of the former, has lived in the US for a long time now.

What kind of setting is this? Is this like furries in a modern world like in Zootopia or something?

What kind of setting is this? Is this like furries in a modern world like in Zootopia or something?

It’s set in an alternate 1990’s world. Humans and humanoid creatures co-existing in a world that I wish it was like instead of the one we live in. Besides the humanoid creatures, music like industrial rock/metal and electronica is what’s appreciated instead of whatever the junk that passes for music on the radio these days. I’ve never watched Zootopia so I was thinking more of the Uplift universe and the Moreau Quartet but scaling the time back to the 90’s instead of the far future.

Are you a furry?

No.

The Moreau Quartet I’ve read is liked by the furry culture although the moreaus or “mories” generally aren’t sweet and cuddly but aggressive, especially if they’ve been treated badly by humans.

Theraps in my universe are sentient therapsids that evolved alongside humans.

No.

The Moreau Quartet I’ve read is liked by the furry culture although the moreaus or “mories” generally aren’t sweet and cuddly but aggressive, especially if they’ve been treated badly by humans.

Theraps in my universe are sentient therapsids that evolved alongside humans.
I see.

I’ll post the first half for now.

His head hanging low, Sondo’s legs felt like they would break off from his ankles as he hobbled back to his car across the parking lot and his tail ached to the point he had rest it on his shoulder. Whatever happened to him a moment ago, there was no indication that anyone else saw what happened. Cars still passed through and pedestrians carried on with what they were doing as if nothing unusual took place. A stranger approached him as he got nearer to his vehicle. “Hey, man, can you give me a lift? My car broke down a mile or so away from here!” the shady character asked. “I don’t got any weapons on me! I ain’t trouble!” Already feeling overwhelmed from his ordeal and his anxiety from strangers approaching him kicking in, Sondo’s pupils constricted to the point only his iris and sclera could be seen clearly, his lips raised to bare his canines, and his mind dropped down into an instinctual level, traits, possibly gifts, handed down from his gorgonopsid ancestors. He moved his neck up to face Shady Character and his throat uttered a snarl, warning to the stranger to get away from him. “Woah woah woah! Calm down, dude! I won’t mug you or anything!” Shady Character tried to feign being harmless but he carelessly clenched his fists and showed his teeth in anger that made it clear he was lying. Since the warning didn’t work, Sondo lifted his leg, ignoring the pain in his ankle, and stomped his foot on the concrete towards previously Shady Character -now newly dubbed Careless Moron- while letting out loud consecutive guttural barks. Careless Moron finally got the picture and rushed out of sight. With the threat subsided, Sondo’s mouth slackened, his eyes returned to normal, and his mind reverted back to sentience. “Damn it! Made me go Permian!” Sondo cursed, feeling the pain flaring up again as his adrenaline subsided and his body stumbled forward, almost hitting the ground. “Couldn’t he see I didn’t want to be messed with?” Sondo was not keen on being approached by strangers in public, especially after having his kindness exploited one time. He fished his keys out of his pocket, unlocked the car door, made room for his tail again, and headed for home. He Gisted himself again to keep from nodding off behind the wheel. He would call Grife and Impy after he rested.

Closing time was drawing near at Giffen’s. Letting out a hearty yawn and adjusting her glasses, Upma turned off the work computer as well as the stereo system but not before the last new Orbital song finished. In the last few minutes it played, she put up some items that had fallen on the floor back on the shelves. Normally, her boss and co-workers would pitch in but she had to work alone this day due to everyone calling in sick. It was fortunate for her that the day’s foot traffic was slow and she was able to catch up on her reading. She picked up a box that had been recently shipped. It was a new action figure from the Robot Damashii line she sometimes collected. “I’ll have to ask the boss later if I can buy one.” She said to herself before stacking it back on the shelf it fell from earlier. She went back to the work desk, slid her satchel full of stuff she usually took around up her arm, took the store’s keys to lock the door next but as she approached the door, an itch came up in her hip. Sweat had built up under the band of her cotton panties and was irritating her skin. She unsheathed her index claw in her free hand and gently slid it underneath her soft pants, then under the band of her panties, and carefully scratched where the itch was. She retracted the claw and locked the store’s door behind her. She stretched her arms and swished her tail while doing a meditative breath before descending the stairs. She hummed some of the notes from the new Orbital album as she went down the steps. A couple of slimewarts were lounging at the foot of the stairs. “Heh heh heh! Shesh a pretty lady!” One of them gurgled on sight of Upma. “Yesh...”, the other one replied. “She makesh me wantsh to take my ganglion and-“ “You don’t want to finish that sentence,” Upma interjected as sharp as she could with a tired voice. “Go on! Shoo!” She unsheathed all the claws on her left hand to the slimes, hoping it would be enough to deter them. Ganglion Brain rippled in anger at that. “You bitsch!” He jumped at her, wailing his little arms madly only to be caught in the therap girl’s claws and thrown up the stairs. Giggles shook in fear as Upma walked past him while flinging the green blood on her claws onto the pavement and went up to check on his hurt partner. “Gross!” She growled as she continued to fling the rest of the slimewart’s blood off her hand before sheathing her claws. “I am really going to need a shower now!” She made it to her car, put her stuff in, made room for her tail as she pulled herself in, and turned the ignition. She felt another itch under her panties as she adjusted herself. Only this time it was on her left hip. Not wanting to get more slime blood on herself, she reached over with her right hand to scratch it.

Last edited:
Interesting. I am not sure if it's erotic though, I was wondering if she'd picked up a biting insect or maybe even a sexually transmittable disease.

It was quite funny and entertaining, and I really like the complex and non human way they all are. I can't picture her well, so far, that may be me though, I am not very visual, but apart from the swishy tail and the claws, I don't have a picture of her in mind, that works OK though.

It was a funny, lively scene with some conflict, and showed part of how she is as a character, good addition, hope there's more.

Interesting. I am not sure if it's erotic though, I was wondering if she'd picked up a biting insect or maybe even a sexually transmittable disease.

It was quite funny and entertaining, and I really like the complex and non human way they all are. I can't picture her well, so far, that may be me though, I am not very visual, but apart from the swishy tail and the claws, I don't have a picture of her in mind, that works OK though.

It was a funny, lively scene with some conflict, and showed part of how she is as a character, good addition, hope there's more.

Thank you. Yeah, I suppose I handled that part poorly. I sometimes get itchy from sweat building up down there after work so I imprinted that on Upma. I also find underwear, especially panties, arousing. I’ll try to edit it. The more erotic stuff will happen in the next half.

Her and Sondo’s species, theraps, generally look human besides the tails, elven ears, and sometimes skin colors that don’t occur naturally in humankind. I plan on drawing some when I can do it.

There will be. I am working on the second half.

Last edited:
I had spells of writer’s block but the first part of the second half I can finally post.

Upon entering his home, Sondo grabbed a wash towel, drenched it in sink water, and wiped off the sweat and dried Gist that had accumulated on his body. His throat was burning with thirst and he quickly put a cup under his refrigerator water dispenser, the splash sounding like a signal of relief. He threw the water down his throat and the flame in it was doused. He coughed up a wisp of residual blue energy that fell to the floor and dissipated. His endo surged some as he hobbled to his bed and crashed on it. His feet no longer felt like they would tear off from his legs and his tail relaxed on the weighted blanket. His cellphone did press into his side uncomfortably and he clawed it out of his pocket to stop that feeling. The shifting of his body pressed his TV remote and played a Swans CD (Love of Life) that he had left in his DVD player the night before. Michael Gira chanted on the song about the eyes of nature while Sondo nodded off. He snored and woke back up. He went back to the kitchen to get another drink and upon sitting back on the bed, he remembered that he would call Grife and Impy. He didn’t want them to think he was ignoring them out of spite. His elven ears ached but he would try to put up with it. He found Grife’s name and pressed the green app. After a few rings, a tired sounding Grife fumbled his phone before he said anything. “Hello?” “Hey, Grife,” Sondo spoke in an equally tired voice. “It’s Sondo. I saw you and Impy earlier but I had something to do and couldn’t stop. I didn’t want you guys to think I was ignoring you.” Grife sighed before he spoke again. “Impy and I were attacked on the way home.” “You and Impy were attacked?!?” Sondo was shocked to hear this from Grife. “Yes, a nyxclops came after us as we headed home!” Grife’s beak grinded slightly as he spoke. “A nyxclops? What is that?” Grife uttered a slight groan of pain. “Impy said it was an ancestral enemy of his kind. A mean cousin of his species.” Did you get injured?” “Our car got flipped and I fought back at it before Impy fried it with an eye beam. Doing that burned him out. He must not do it very often. He’s sleeping now.” Sondo was relieved to know that at least his friends didn’t suffer any severe injuries. He yawned before talking again. “I wish I had been there to help. Something came up after I left Giffen’s.” “What happened?” “Well, I-“ A sudden crashing sound that shook his whole home cut Sondo off. “What was that?!?” Grife exclaimed. “That sounded like an explosion!” Sondo breathed heavily, trying to calm his nerves. “I’ll go see what that was! I’ll call you back!” He ended the call and rushed to the house’s main door. Upon opening it, he saw an armored vehicle out in the road. It looked like a giant metal turtle shell with large wheels and apparently had suddenly stopped a moment ago. An angry fellow with a weapon that was hard to make out from a distance exited a door from the side of it and walked to the front of the vehicle. Sondo stepped out slowly and noticed what Angry Fellow was yelling threats to. He was surprised to see the same figure that he saw back in the parking lot earlier once again. The red eyes in a triangular pattern and the green markings on its cloak still glowed brightly in the dark. Angry Fellow raised his weapon upward; then suddenly his arms spasmed in pain and he howled wildly. The hooded figure had lifted an arm and appeared as if it was channeling an invisible spell with its hand. It drew its arm back and thrusted it forward in the next motion, sending Angry Fellow flying and the armored shell split apart with a sickening groan of tearing metal. Revealed now on the floor of the shell was a chained creature being tortured by shady beings. They turned to see the hooded figure approaching them and lifted their instruments in rage. The hooded one raised its arms again and emitted the same green energy Sondo remembered seeing from the metal tips grafted into its fingers and screams of pain filled the air as average human/average humanoid sized globes of searing power made short work of the torturers. The chained creature struggled to escape its bonds but whimpered and reeled due to its damaged muscles and devices containing its blood embedded across its body. Sondo could see that the creature was a possible therapsid that resembled a maned and wingless white dragon. Just what its captives’ motives were was horrifying to speculate on. The hooded figure stood before the pained beast and raised its arm in a circular motion. The chains slackened and slid off the body and the heavy restraints on its arms and legs popped off. Another gesture removed the devices from its body and the blood spilled. The dragon-like being’s features started to change. It shrank in size down from twenty feet in length to a solid six feet in height if the figure stood upright and its tail receded into its body. The claws became nails and the teeth, while remaining sharp, got smaller. The head became humanoid and its long mane became the naked figure’s hair. Sondo suddenly remembered the word “Tephno” and shouted to the hooded figure “Wait! Tephno! Isn’t that your name? Why did you save me?” It ignored him and made another gesture, opening a portal above the floor of the destroyed armored shell. It took hold of the unconscious soul into its arms and stepped into the doorway in space time. Both beings and the portal disappeared from sight. Sondo stood silently, even more baffled than he was before. Tiredness tugged at him and he dragged himself back into his home.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom