• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Newly diagnosed! Hello!

Burgermeister

Hello all,
I’m a 26 year old female recently diagnosed with Asperger’s. I believe it’s relatively mild, but it’s really helped explain a lot of past problems I’ve had socially and in general with motivation. For the most part I’m relieved at finally having an answer, but I also have some anxiety surrounding it.

I feel a little lost sometimes, I don’t know how to adjust to my diagnosis.

I have little to know social life and don’t even know where to begin creating a life I’ll actually love…

I feel a little lost sometimes, I don’t know how to adjust to my diagnosis.

Welcome to AC. Try to think of yourself as being "found" rather than lost. Truly!

To come to understand who and what you are, rather than go through life encountering so many social situations that continue to baffle those who haven't yet figured it out.

475309949f877907e18509a43cd5165d.png

Hi Burgermeister welcome. This is a good place to find information and ideas. I do hope for younger people being aware of the different brain and having an explanation will offer a better chance to adjust and find out useful stuff and adapt around the difficulties and differences usefully. Even for older asps it's helpful potentially I have found, especially as we seem to be finding out more through research and the lives of ND adults being spoken about openly. Hope you enjoy the site people are friendly and kind here. :blush:

:goat::sheep::ram::tiger::racehorse::waterbuffalo::ox::dromedarycamel::pig::leopard::cat::dog::poodle::monkey::rooster::horseracing::cow:

Hi! I'm new here too, and recently diagnosed. I get what you mean by feeling a bit lost. One thing that helps me is to think that the more I try, the more chances there will be of succeeding ("succeeding" here would just mean being satisfied).

welcome :flushed:im the same except for physical age post diagnosis 2.5 years.
if you have a diagnosis letter read that again ,look up mild functioning autism .if you'd been diagnosed with something else what would you be doing.

Welcome!! It took me awhile to wrap my head around my diagnosis. Just give it some time. It’s a big deal to suddenly realize something this big about yourself. It is natural that it would take a little bit to completely grasp the situation.

New Threads

Top Bottom