• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

newbie here !

hazel

hiya everyone :) i only came across this forum a few days ago but the stuff here applies to me quite alott so i thought i would join!
i have been officially diagnosed with social anxiety disorder and depresion ( woop woop ) but i have alot of aspie traits which make me feel very weird ( no offense to anyone) and isolated from normal teens my aage.

im a 16 yr old female but my interests are not very common lol: i love physics, mechanics, electricity, quantum physics, music, algebra and geometry, poetry, victorian era ect.....

i have always been abit odd as a child- i never liked barbies or girly things , my favouritw things were watching 'walkin with dinosaurs' and space :) i no i'm rabbiting on a bit but does anyone feel like me ?

i often become very obsessed with my interestes and become withdrawn and dont come out of my room for hours at a time - these obsessions usually last for around a year or two but some longer.

i am very obsessive about time. if some one is just 1 minute late from going out of coming in - i get very stressed and panicky. i absolutely need a routine and i cannot stand school holidays and long periods of time of certain activities often make me slip int a depression.

i cant think of anything else at the moment ...

do these things sound familiar to any of you ?

Welcome, i can definatly relate to the walking with dinosoars but it wasn't just the series it was dinosoars in general, that lasted years.

hi, there is something that you said that also aply to me, like the time thing, needing rutines, i'm different than the people around me, i have also never been a girly girl or anything like that

Welcome, i can definatly relate to the walking with dinosoars but it wasn't just the series it was dinosoars in general, that lasted years.

yes it lasted years with me too, i can rememberr my mum made me a pteridactyl costume once and i used to wear that most days a week lol :p

Welcome to the forums!
Having intense obsessions, needing a routine and being panicky about being late can be traits of Aspergers Syndrome. You have already been diagnosed with Social Anxiety Disorder so it's very possible you have Aspergers as well.

Edit: I have moved your thread to the introductions forum.

hi calvert- yes the more research i do about aspergers the more i believe this may be something that i have. i no it won't change anything having a diagnosis,however, it will allow me to feel like others experience my problems which is helpfull

New Threads

Top Bottom