• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

New.

Seckottek

Hey I'm Sarah,

I've caught on to the fact that I'm younger than the majority of people on here. Im 13 and I was diagnosed with high functioning Aspergers mid 2014 I was later also diagnosed with a mood disorder, ADHD and something else I forgot.

I'm on here so I can find friends I relate to, because the majority of people just don't seem to understand me.

I think that's all I have to say,

Welcome to Aspies Central forums, it seems better finding a diagnosis at a young age rather than in the later years, could not imagine what it be like having to find out 40 years later but at the same time, it has to be some kind of relief, don't know if that was what you would have thought (I could be wrong here)?

Majority of people won't understand it only because they don't know that much about you to a degree that they just don't understand or they never known anybody who has been on spectrum, it could be for various reasons, THAT part I can totally relate with.

You should be able to find friends on this forum, a lot members here have. :)

Hi Sarah and welcome!
I hope you enjoy this forum. I would also suggest finding a local meetup group in your area. I have found a few for young adults, teenagers. Still looking for one for adults.

Hello and welcome! I hope that having a diagnosis will help you throughout your teenage years, even if it is just in helping you understand yourself. There are lots of very friendly and supportive people on here. I also think trying to find a local meetup might be useful for you. Hope you enjoy your time here!

Hi Sarah and welcome!
I hope you enjoy this forum. I would also suggest finding a local meetup group in your area. I have found a few for young adults, teenagers. Still looking for one for adults.

I recently participated in a 6 week program with other girls similar to my age with Aspergers, and my dad is looking into a similar group that is ongoing

Welcome to Aspies Central forums, it seems better finding a diagnosis at a young age rather than in the later years, could not imagine what it be like having to find out 40 years later but at the same time, it has to be some kind of relief, don't know if that was what you would have thought (I could be wrong here)?

Majority of people won't understand it only because they don't know that much about you to a degree that they just don't understand or they never known anybody who has been on spectrum, it could be for various reasons, THAT part I can totally relate with.

You should be able to find friends on this forum, a lot members here have. :)

I definitely agree. I think finding out later in life would be harder to deal with. But everybody deals with things differently so for some people earlier would be better whereas for others it might be better to get the diagnosis later.

Hello and welcome! I hope that having a diagnosis will help you throughout your teenage years, even if it is just in helping you understand yourself. There are lots of very friendly and supportive people on here. I also think trying to find a local meetup might be useful for you. Hope you enjoy your time here!

Thanks

I've already participated in a group of girls with Aspergers that were similar in age to me.

Thanks

I've already participated in a group of girls with Aspergers that were similar in age to me.

I definitely agree. I think finding out later in life would be harder to deal with. But everybody deals with things differently so for some people earlier would be better whereas for others it might be better to get the diagnosis later.

Probably helpful!!!!!!!!! I could see that! I wish I had a support group like that when I was a teen!!!!! Also, Now, I love friends of all ages, totally appreciate completely different backgrounds and viewpoints! I find it very useful to me, personally. You may be different.

I don't mind being "different". I was like this all my life. I accept me. A FEW Aspie like traits would explain a few things. I am predominantly happy though. So, any "struggles" are more like challenges met with open arms. What is life without a few difficulties? to conquer?

New Threads

Top Bottom