• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

New Year's Plans: Strive to be better?

Given my age, my resolution will be the same as it has been for the last several years, stay alive.

I just want to get back on track. This year, I feel like I've dropped the ball on a lot of small, daily habits that I use to maintain my sanity and stay well-centered. I need to get back to that.

I just want to get back on track. This year, I feel like I've dropped the ball on a lot of small, daily habits that I use to maintain my sanity and stay well-centered. I need to get back to that.

Using a habit tracker seems to work for me.
Looking at it daily also reminds me what my habits are supposed to be!

Using a habit tracker seems to work for me.
Looking at it daily also reminds me what my habits are supposed to be!

Yes. A few years ago, my wife got me a fitbit for my fat butt. I saw that it had "achievements" and thought, "Well, that's stupid!" Then, a second later, I thought, "That's going to work on me." And yes, I like it when I get the little fireworks display every day. Habit trackers and stupid little achievements really work on me!

To enjoy my life more.
To find more fossils.
To identify more plants.
To cycle more.
To go whale watching and birding, not all that far away.

(Have just noticed that all the activities listed are in the summers. Yet six months out of the year it's cold so I'll add snowshoeing brrr)

Last edited:
My goal is to have a place I can call my own by the end of the year - a place besides my bedroom. My "extra credit" goal is to get a job - not sure if I'll be in a position to do that this next year or not, don't know whether it'll be a job I can support myself on or just another part-time cleaning job, but if I'm employed by the end of the year, it counts as a "win."

New Year's Resolution Time!

I plan on paying my two credit lines down to zero by the end of 2020, which will require tightening my financial belt a little bit. That means I will not be buying any more movies or video games for a while, which will give me an opportunity to watch and play everything I already own for the next year.

I also intend to cook more meals at home instead of going for fast food all of the time. And I also intend to drink less beer and smoke less weed. All of which will help my wallet - not to mention my waistline.

To cycle more.
Hi Mia, and everyone else. Seems like I’ve been away from here forever and I miss you all. I’ve gotten a hold of my bicycle which was stored and used for many years at my so called parents house, so will definitely be cycling more when it’s less chilly outside. My goal is to buy a bike pump as the tyres a wee bit flat. Don’t think I have ever had my own pump and just borrowed someone else’s. Will need to buy a lock, too, and a helmet plus other things such as a ‘cat eye’ light.

1. I gotta find a new job. I’ve been out of employment for about two months and finding a new one is definitely a high priority.

2. Listen to more music. I mean, I’ve listened to a countless number of songs, but the more the merrier.

3. Learn to play more of my musical instruments. Violin especially, since I’d love to be able to learn more pieces with it.

4. Enjoy life. I’ve been a lot on the negative side as of late. I really would like to change that.

1. Accept my limitations and advocate for myself.
2. Scream back at the voices in my head telling me to work harder, lose weight, etc. Make them understand that I WILL kill myself just for the pleasure of taking them with me if they don't shut up. Especially the voices telling me to lose weight. They need to die ASAP and quit tormenting me and making me hate myself. (I don't mean literal auditory hallucinations, btw, more like obsessive racing thoughts.). I am so tired of my character being judged by my waist size.

New Threads

Top Bottom