• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

New Wristwatch type gadget predicts meltdowns for those on the spectrum

Interesting website. There was even a short little article about Harriot Tubman.

Dr. Picard began her keynote by stressing the importance of autistic feedback in her work. She recalled an autistic friend’s observation that “my biggest problem is not understanding the emotions of others. My biggest problem is you are not understanding my emotions.”

Alexithymia, or difficulty understanding how one feels, is a common problem in the autistic community. This can often lead to situations in which someone does not notice that they are on the verge of meltdown until they have reached the point of no return. This can be embarrassing and frustrating for many autistic people. Seemingly unpredictable meltdowns can also be a concern for caregivers, as they can significantly limit their children’s community participation. Dr. Picard’s new breakthrough may help autistic people and our caregivers head off meltdowns before they start, or at least get a head start on helping during crisis.

See the bold

That’s interesting :)

My old Dobermann used to do something similar, only I didn’t have to wear him and no personal data was recorded anywhere.

I think this wristband may help caregivers.
(If they could rely on the individual on the spectrum to wear it all of the time)

It would be interesting to know the process from start to finish.

Does the caregiver spend a lot of time focused on the heart rate and sweat of their client? (Rather than the client themselves or in addition to)
Are their some kind of indicators (alarms?) to signal potential meltdown?

New Threads

Top Bottom