• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

New to this

AutistAcolyte

Hello! Ive come here enough times through search results that i thought i'd go ahead and make an account. I just started seeing a psychologist almost two months ago after a bit of a breakdown in which my mom and sister both told me that they had been suspicious that i am autistic (i had wondered myself at times, but never took it seriously until i heard it from someone else) and having taken several tests for autism and adhd, my psychologist and i are comfortable saying that i am both autistic and have inattentive adhd.

This has been both a relief and confusing. A relief because a lot of things in my life are clicking into place, i am beginning to understand that there is a reason i am the way i am, and it is not "just because." But it is also confusing because i am still figuring out how to talk about it, as well as when to share and who to share with.

I guess my first question is "what qualifies as 'officially diagnosed' on autismforums?" i put myself under not sure, but would love to helpfully categorize myself.

Great to be here!

1663622669067.png

Welcome! The nice thing about this site is that there's a private portion if you'd like to discuss things that you're not comfortable talking about "in the open."

Welcome I hope you enjoy your stay! Only newly joined myself but there seems to be a lot of wonderful people to gain information off.

New Threads

Top Bottom