• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

New Style

MSIE looks really tiny too.....

I can only guess that you're using modified style sheets employing fonts I don't have...

I think the text for new threads could be a bit bigger may be next size and in bold. the contrast for the rest of it may be good for our visually impaired members, I my self am marginal

Does the main body text for each thread have to be a serif font? It looks a little better pushed a point size, but it's still inherently difficult to read.

I'm wearing 2.50 dioptric lenses over my prescription glasses so I can see my monitor....but these serif fonts are freaking tiny!

I went into a panic....had to run security checks on everything....it's just this site. I just don't understand why default text has to be so small. Sans serif is certainly easier to read...at least for me. Signature info is virtually unreadable.

What font designations are your style sheets using? LOL..I have to hunt to even see the "edit" text....not button anymore.

I'm wondering if your style sheet is stating fonts I don't have....so my browser compensates poorly.

I downloaded some 53 MB of security updates from MS today....wondering if that did soemthing. I guess I could strip the browser and reinstall it...

Are these text fonts supposed to be sans serif or serif fonts?

Last edited:
too white I can't even begin to concentrate on the text because I am blinded by the white, the only font size I like is the ones across the top, other then that, I don't like any of it. My favorite website is a nice dark one, in general I hate white! I have to agree with Judge, I liked it better the other way, us being Aspies, changing it like this could throw some people into meltdowns, I know when Soup comes back she isn't going to like it being changed yet again.

I'm wondering if this has something to do with the security updates I downloaded. I found one other site where the text is truncated as badly as here. MSIE shows that site properly though.

About all I can think of is to reinstall Firefox from scratch and hope for the best. I can't keep using this site in this condition..too hard to read.

I don't usually say a whole lot, but I already have a headache and I just got on the site. It's because it is too white and causing a lot of eye strain. Can we switch colors?

well just an hour ago I had no problem what so ever with this site because it still show up with the old style for me. This is the first time I have been on here with THIS style and in that short amount of time with no changes whatsoever, no updates on my end....the text, in general, seems smaller!

Go here: https://www.aspiescentral.com/account/preferences

and change to Aspies Old to see if there is a difference.

Wow....HUGE difference. I can see this fine....sans-serif fonts.....instead of serif fonts.

So Brent....what serif fonts is your script citing? I must not have them...<?>

But that doesn't explain why my fonts are truncated in Intellicast....so I can only guess this is on my end at this point. But I appreciate the help....like night and day for me. Point size isn't nearly so critical as is the use of sans serif fonts....far more readable on my end.

The "buttons" also have returned...."edit, delete, report" etc.....

Whew....I have to admit I was headed for a meltdown of my own. I get easily spooked online when things don't go right to this degree. Hard to say what's going on given that Microsoft sent out a big number of updates today....might be interesting to see if we get revisions shortly. Otherwise I can't understand what happened. Firefox may not be keeping up with MS. I guess it depends on others weighing in on the new changes to determine if the problem is outside AC.

Last edited:
Wow....HUGE difference. I can see this fine....sans-serif fonts.....instead of serif fonts.

So Brent....what serif fonts is your script citing? I must not have them...<?>

But that doesn't explain why my fonts are truncated in Intellicast....so I can only guess this is on my end at this point. But I appreciate the help....like night and day for me. Point size isn't nearly so critical as is the use of sans serif fonts....far more readable on my end.

The "buttons" also have returned...."edit, delete, report" etc.....

Whew....I have to admit I was headed for a meltdown of my own. I get easily spooked online when things don't go right to this degree. Hard to say what's going on given that Microsoft sent out a big number of updates today....might be interesting to see if we get revisions shortly. Otherwise I can't understand what happened. Firefox may not be keeping up with MS.

Can you try the new style now. Make sure to clear your cache first.

The new style should be using the exact same fonts as the old one now.

Cleared my cache and exited. Came back and before logging in everything was all messed up. Once my password was authenticated, everything looks great. Is it supposed to work that way?

So would you like to expand? Is the font fixed? Sucks does nothing for me.

I don't even know where to begin. I'll post another screen capture. About all I can think of.

Contrast is far too harsh for starters...

New Threads

Top Bottom