• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

New Movies

I used to love going to the movies as a kid.

Batman (1989)
The Little Mermaid
Beauty and the Beast
The Lion King
Austin Powers
Schindler's List (yep)
Edward Scissorhands
The Nightmare Before Christmas
Home Alone
Titanic
Dick Tracy
Mask
Mars Attacks
Batman: Mask of the Phantasm
Forest Gump
Dumb and Dumber
Ace Ventura
Liar, Liar
Robinhood: Men in Tights
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
The Ducktails movie (at a drive-in)

And many others I'm forgetting. Titanic was fun because they let people sit on the floor, there was such a demand for tickets.

When I was a little older I loved

The Lord of the Rings
Mulholland Dr.
The Devil's Rejects
Ghostworld
Grindhouse
Zodiac

And some of the Jackass movies. Mulholland Dr. was the best because at the end a guy stood up and yelled, "You need a therapist!" I was a Lynch fanatic, so it was the perfect experience.

There was also a midnight movie theater near me that showed older stuff. I got to see Polyester and Army of Darkness there. The owner would dress in a tuxedo and introduce the movies. It was adorable and awesome.

I don't really go to the movies now (except the last Jackass), but trailers can be pretty fun. They are an art form.
You have very good taste ^^ Thanks for sharing! I've watched a little bit of Jackass and thought it was silly, my English teacher mentioned it a few times. He's a pretty casual movie watcher!

Uh-oh, Clint heard you... ;)

eastwood-meme-13.jpg
Hehe, I like this!

Okay this is cheesy, but I’m looking forward to the new Five Nights at Freddy’s movie. It’s based on a video game and it’s finally getting a movie. Everyone is talking about it recently since they started filing this year. I am looking forward to seeing the new Mario movie too.

I hope it will be great. I’m also looking forward to the third Sonic movie. I really liked the first and second one. I still can’t believe an entire fandom bullied the franchise to change the design of Sonic. That really blew me away if you know what I’m talking about. I was happy with the redesign though looked so much better.
Lol lovely! I know all of these things and they're pretty cool <3 I think I'll enjoy the Sonic movies more when they're in online streaming services where I can watch them, I watched the first one for the first time last year ^^ FNAF is pretty cool, I've been in a friend group of people (made in school) who love that but the only thing I like about it is the character designs and names. I've sorta left that group because they make me uncomfortable, but I still talk to a few of them : ) (In fact they've all got some form of Autism, ADHD, and another thing)

You have very good taste ^^ Thanks for sharing! I've watched a little bit of Jackass and thought it was silly, my English teacher mentioned it a few times. He's a pretty casual movie watcher!

Thank you :)

It's totally silly! I think of it as dumb entertainment by smart people. (Some smart people, at least. But we all do stupid things when we're young.) The show was amazing too. Urban kayaking!

Thank you :)

It's totally silly! I think of it as dumb entertainment by smart people. (Some smart people, at least. But we all do stupid things when we're young.) The show was amazing too. Urban kayaking!
Hehe, yes ^_^ They're actually sillier than I was as a kid lol

I am a film fanatic and something of a walking history of film after a fashion. My Mother was a fan of film and my siblings and I were taken to the drive-in as a regular thing. I saw my first 3-D movie at a drive-in. It was a western that I forget the name of as it was so long ago (we are talking the 1950s). I also saw "The Bridge on the River Kwai" at the drive in the year it came out. Back then, there were usually double bills at the drive in. Oddly, in the fifties, there was a penchant for a family film first coupled with a sci-fi feature as the second feature. I remember seeing The Wizard of Oz at the drive in and it was doubled with the sci-fi film "Gog". Sometime later we went to a double bill of Hans Christian Anderson (with Dany Kaye), doubled with the Sci-Fi film "Them". I would have loved to stay and see "Gog" that one time, but my mother said no. I remember we did stay to see "Them" (even though I was not that much older at the time) because my mother was a huge fan of James Arness (he of Gunsmoke fame). Interestingly enough that film has an uncredited appearance of Leonard Nimoy as an army sergeant. Classic 50s science fiction that still holds up and is apparently scheduled for a remake, but I can't imagine it being any better, just louder with better special effects ;).

I continued my love affair with seeing movies at the drive in for many years, until the real estate value of the land they were on became increasingly valuable and they were sold off for housing and condominiums. I actually went to a drive-in triple bill where they screened all three of the "Dollar" films in order. A long evening, but it gives you some sense of how fanatic a movie fan I am. Even now, I stream 10 to 15 films a week (some old, some new).

I could probably have been a film critic, as I see almost everything, good, bad, and truly awful. How can you judge a really great film without having everything else to judge it against, which is why I can have some harsh things to say about a great many films that were popular and may have been nominated or won an Oscar or two. The point being there are rarely films made anymore that are not derivative of something already done.

To end this long ramble, "Everything, Everywhere, All at Once" deserved every Oscar it won. It may not appeal to everyone, but I have seen it three times already and it outdoes Marvel's multiverse in creativity and execution. Michelle Yeoh is terrific.

That is all from a film fan who became one at a very early age.

I watched the pet sematary bloodlines movie and was impressed. I actually loved that movie. I also watched significant other. That movie is a trip lol.

I like good SciFi, and things like the Marvel and DC franchises leave me cold. They seem made for limited attention spans. My love for the genre started with Forbidden Planet when I was six. It was a long dry spell until 2001. Then, more notably, some recent good ones were Europa Report, Contact, Cloud Atlas, Interstellar, and Arrival. More drama, but scary was Contagion and Deep Impact. And mind bending has been Dark City, Donnie Darko, Source Code, and now, Everything, Everywhere, All at Once.
I absolutely LOVED Everything, Everywhere, All at Once. I've watched it twice and that won't be the last. It's now one of my all time favourite films.

I also chose Cloud Atlas as a film for analysis in a film unit in my cultural studies degree at uni. Epic film.
I liked Interstellar, Arrival, Source Code, Dark City, Contact, and found Donnie Darko compelling and unsettling. I don't think I've watched Europa Report, maybe will give it a try.
Watching UFO at the moment, with Gillian Anderson from X files in it. It's good. It's on youtube.

I'm watching Three Thousand Years of Longing

So good!

About an (obviously) Aspie narratologist played by Tilda Swinton and a Djinn.

"An Adult's Aladdin"

Awesome Fantastical. Legendary.

New Threads

Top Bottom