• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

New member from the UK here.

Hello, I'm English too, but not sporty in any way. It wasn't for want of trying, but my co-ordination, more when I was younger than now, was up the creek. I can swim and cycle (but not uphill for very long!) and enjoy walking, but otherwise, am pretty sedentary.

Hello, I'm English too, but not sporty in any way. It wasn't for want of trying, but my co-ordination, more when I was younger than now, was up the creek. I can swim and cycle (but not uphill for very long!) and enjoy walking, but otherwise, am pretty sedentary.
Hi, there's more to life than sport anyway, but exercise is beneficial to the body. walking is enough and there are simple floor exercises that can be done..air squats, push ups, sit ups, or get a couple of dumb bells and do basic exercises with them, cycling is really fun isn't it? Except for the darn cars.

Hi, I coach, but If I play, it's never a few holes, but instead 18 or 36, I can't play 'just for fun' either. How about you?

I no longer play, can’t afford club membership and enthusiasm has dwindled to just watching The Open.
Haven’t picked up my clubs in a long time.

I had a golf pro trying to work with me at one time.

I say trying,
I probably was, very. :)

He tried his best to understand what I was barely articulate enough to ask.

Do you have a favourite U.K course?

I no longer play, can’t afford club membership and enthusiasm has dwindled to just watching The Open.
Haven’t picked up my clubs in a long time.

I had a golf pro trying to work with me at one time.

I say trying,
I probably was, very. :)

He tried his best to understand what I was barely articulate enough to ask.

Do you have a favourite U.K course?

Hi Gracey,
why not go to a range and hit some balls again, see if the enthusiasm comes back, and golf memberships are cheap these days, but does depend where you feel most comfortable.

Sorry to hear that your pro didn't understand u, he clearly wasn't the right one for you. I had two sessions with a world famous golf coach, and he assumed I wasn't trying, he got that 1000% wrong. I didn't bother with him anymore especially after he told people I didn't turn up to a lesson, when in fact I had cancelled the day before with his assistant, the assistant didn't pass on the info. This coach is now on tv a lot..never mind.

We are just not understood by any golf coach, but doesn't that point at their failings to understand the pupil?

I do have one favourite...St Andrews Old Course, have you been there? What is your favourite course?

New Threads

Top Bottom