• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

New guy

Yet another late diagnosis here. Part of that is that anyone born in the forties and fifties with HFA or Asperger's had few resources or much understanding growing up. I fell into what would generally be considered masking quite easily and very early. Now, at my age, I have shed most of that, but have also become more self aware and able to negotiate social settings a great deal easier than I ever did in my youth (and by that I mean well into my forties. ;)

I think that you will feel at home here soon enough, I know I did!

*you.....yikes
Welcome, from a person that is passionate about language but also makes so many typos while texting that eventually I just give up and leave it as is ;) My Aspie friend and I have developed a lot of new words wholly based on typos and autocorrect mistakes when texting each other :D

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom