• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

New guy

D'Andre

Hello I'm new here, I have been told by many including health professionals that I have autism, but never got officially diagnosed as a child and as an adult its even harder. And yes its been a nightmare the last couple weeks seeking answers and because I'm high functioning and learned to mask, my inquiries get shot down. So I hope to make some friends and learn learn learn.

welcome to af.png

The line forms here. 66 years old, never formally diagnosed...:oops:

The good news? Use this place to interact with your own kind. To discover that it's ok to be on the spectrum of autism.

Welcome to AF. :)

G'day mate, welcome!

I've also developed a very strong mask, I managed to convince everyone (including myself) that I was neurotypical, even if I was struggling everyday on the inside. I feel like this is a good place to be to remember that you're not alone, and we get it!

The line forms here. 66 years old, never formally diagnosed...:oops:

The good news? Use this place to interact with your own kind. To discover that it's ok to be on the spectrum of autism.

Welcome to AF. :)
That gives me so much hope! Thank yoy

Welcome D'Andre.

I wasn't diagnosed until mid-fifties after losing my parents threw me into a tail spin.
I didn't know anything about Asperger's or Autism and when I found this forum after the diagnosis
it was like reading my own life story on so many traits.

Hope it helps you understand as much as it did me. We're all here for each other.

New Threads

Top Bottom