• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

New glasses

FromEquestria2LA

So yesterday marked the day I got new glasses; and my prescription got tweaked from last year's. How long does it take you to get acclimated to your new glasses when you get them? Me, about a week or thereabouts.

What are your experiences with dealing with new glasses?

When I get new glasses it usually takes about a week for me to get used to them. Speaking of new glasses, I could really use a new pair, mine are getting kind of old and the lenses are starting to pop out, which is annoying whenever I'm trying to clean them.

Been way too many years since my last prescription and glasses. This next one is way overdue...and I'm sure the break-in period won't be pretty. Oh well...

I'm sort of sometimes hesitant to change things regarding my lifestyle and what I wear, and because of this I've stuck to my pair of glasses for over a year and a half and haven't changed them yet, even though I have a new pair in my room. I'm sure some others might relate to this a little.

When I do change glasses however, they feel weird at first and it feels as though my eyes have completely changed shape!

I'm blind as a bat and I don't stand contact lens so I have glasses. And when I change them, it's very complicated!! First step: the choice. A nightmare. It happened last year and frankly I think the poor optician dreamt about killing me! Second step: the acclimation. An other nightmare. I returned FOUR times at the shop because my glasses were uncomfortable. And finally, after 4 failures, I...put the new glasses away and I put the old glasses back. The shame. But I had the feeling that the sellers have thought I had a problem...in my head!:confused:

I got two new pairs of glasses last summer after wearing the same pair for about four years - really, I only got new ones because the old ones were broken and held together with tape. :p The old ones had small-ish, rectangular frames while both the new ones had considerably bigger and thicker frames. I had some anxiety for a little while after they came in and I picked them up because while I generally like the look of bigger glasses, I was unused to bigger frames for myself and I worried whether or not they really suited me since I have smaller, narrow features. But my mom and a friend I showed them to really liked them, and after a while I got used to them myself and now I really like them too - though I like one pair better than the other.

I have been wearing glasses since I was 40 (29 yr.) and the hardest time I have had was with the first pair. When I walked with them on, I felt like I was taking a step down. With every step! It took a couple of days to get rid of that sensation. I have had a lot of pairs of glasses since then, but none as bad as the first.

New Threads

Top Bottom