• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

New and hoping to make some friends!

Cool! Was the Company production with Rosalie Craig?
Yes, that was Rosalie Craig as Bobbie. I really enjoyed the production and it was a masterful reimagining of relationships. Musical theater could be so much more than fluff.

Last edited:
Yes, that was Rosalie Craig as Bobbie. I really enjoyed the production and it was a masterful reimagining of relationships. Musical theater could be so much more than fluff.
I have the soundtrack, she’s great in that role.
I’m excited because I’m going to see a production of Rent this Friday. I’ve seen the movie but never the show. I actually worked with one of the lead actors several years ago; I love watching people I know perform!

I am, though you would not like my review. When it got the Tony I was hoping the award would go to Come From Away.
Really?! I was lucky enough to see it on Broadway with the original cast shortly after it won the Tony. It was excellent, and Ben Platt gave the best performance I’ve ever seen. My dad is super picky and critical and even he loved it. I told him that he was the only member of the audience who didn’t cry at the end, and he actually said he welled up, which shocked me.

Youre very welcome.

I can't say i do but im shore it's a great one tho
It’s amazing! It’s all about mental health. It was made into a movie last year, but you absolutely should not watch that. I turned it off in the middle before it tainted my love of the play. There are bootlegs of the play available online, if you’re interested in checking it out.

It’s amazing! It’s all about mental health. It was made into a movie last year, but you absolutely should not watch that. I turned it off in the middle before it tainted my love of the play. There are bootlegs of the play available online, if you’re interested in checking it out.

Sounds like an interesting spinn for a musical i have to say

Hi! I’ve actually never been to the Midwest. Do you like it?

Cats are the best! I’m definitely not a spider person, though How did you get end up with 3 spiders as pets?!

My husband has recently started collecting them - its a special interest of his that he's never really allowed himself to dive into, so now that he's doing it, its so fun to see his excitement! I'll be honest, calling them pets is a bit of a stretch so far - we don't handle them much (yet?) and he hasn't formed a real bond with any of them (yet?) - so we'll see where that goes.

The midwest is fine. LOL. It's pretty boring and chill, which suits me and my personality, although I long for the dramatic scenery of the PNW. One of the major drawbacks for me is being in the bible belt and the culture that comes with that.

I saw that, and perhaps it clouded my understanding of the play. I thought the portrayal of social anxiety was hopelessly unrealistic. (the anxiety that created social isolation and PTSD in me)

Hi! I’ve actually never been to the Midwest. Do you like it?

Cats are the best! I’m definitely not a spider person, though How did you get end up with 3 spiders as pets?!
I enjoy living in the Upper Midwest, especially among the Great Lakes. There are a lot of opportunities for outdoor recreation. I live close to the Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore and love using it. Mileage of bicycle trails continues to increase, and in the creation of rails to trails Wisconsin led the way with the Sparta - Elroy trail.

I saw that, and perhaps it clouded my understanding of the play. I thought the portrayal of social anxiety was hopelessly unrealistic. (the anxiety that created social isolation and PTSD in me)
I get that. The movie was so depressing. I suggest you try to reserve judgment until watching the theatrical production.

My husband has recently started collecting them - its a special interest of his that he's never really allowed himself to dive into, so now that he's doing it, its so fun to see his excitement! I'll be honest, calling them pets is a bit of a stretch so far - we don't handle them much (yet?) and he hasn't formed a real bond with any of them (yet?) - so we'll see where that goes.

The midwest is fine. LOL. It's pretty boring and chill, which suits me and my personality, although I long for the dramatic scenery of the PNW. One of the major drawbacks for me is being in the bible belt and the culture that comes with that.
Oh man, the Bible Belt? That must be tough. I’m definitely not into that culture!

I enjoy living in the Upper Midwest, especially among the Great Lakes. There are a lot of opportunities for outdoor recreation. I live close to the Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore and love using it. Mileage of bicycle trails continues to increase, and in the creation of rails to trails Wisconsin led the way with the Sparta - Elroy trail.
That sounds cool. I’m very much a big city person, so the fact that I’m moving to an outdoorsy small town will be a big adjustment for me. My favorite place is NYC. Have you ever been there?

That sounds cool. I’m very much a big city person, so the fact that I’m moving to an outdoorsy small town will be a big adjustment for me. My favorite place is NYC. Have you ever been there?
Yes, I have enjoyed NYC! a favorite are the museums as well as the theater. Before moving where I am now, I spent my career in the Chicago area. Chicago has a great diversity of things to enjoy.

Hi theaterlover87 et all. This is an exciting thread. So much neurodiverse passionate erudition!

For what it's worth, I'm curious as to what your opinions are on the following question. What kind of theater figures are there in 20th century American theater who could be loosely, yet partially in an insight-aiding way, described as that austere but affecting proverbial figure, ‘The American Samuel Beckett’?

Personally, my own special interests over the years have leaned more in the literature and politics spheres, however I recall that the English novelist and journalist Will Self once described the mainstream but cult sitcom *The Office* as being, essentially, “sometimes, darker than Beckett”.(!) Hopefully you don’t all think that I have the abysmal (!) sense of humour of David Brent from *The Office* albeit with a ‘permanent unemployed’ rather than a boss, i.e ‘cultural leader of a sort’, social status! (Of course, leaning to the political left as I do, I would never like to be a boss, however I’m also aware that being permanent unemployed is sometimes anxiety and disappointment provoking.)

At any rate, any comments are appreciated, including those disclosing details vis-a-vis if any of you are involved in theater productions happening over the foreseeable future in or near to by home town of Sheffield, England. For, frankly, I have both the time and the required fascination to perhaps attend and enjoy!

Speak soon, hopefully.

Best wishes,
Ben

Jessica asked to be contacted and I did and we talked then she stopped talking without saying she would do that or saying good-bye. I do not know why.

New Threads

Top Bottom