• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

New and hoping for the best

justanothergrrl

Hello! Just joined and excited to learn more. I'm in my 40's in NYC and looking for resources mostly for getting diagnosed at this stage. I've lived with ADHD and depression mostly, but the more I read, the more I'm convinced that being on the spectrum explains who I am. I'm looking for the best places to get diagnosed; I'm currently without insurance which makes life even more complicated, so any assitance on going through the process or even finding funding to cover the diagnosis process in adults would be a huge help. There are a lot of resources out there and I'm feeling overwhelmed and very alone in this.

I'm sure I'll start also getting into what resources are useful especially for work, which is a huge area of difficulty for me - just got laid off, and need better ways to cope with my brain. Right now the focus is on diagnosis, so any help is much appreciated.

upload_2018-8-18_16-52-15.png

Welcome to the Forums! I hope you make new friends and enjoy your stay in the process :)

Welcome to the forum. I’m betting you are far from being just another girl. Keep looking and reaching for help. Don’t give up. There has to be someone here on the forum that is in your area and can help with a professional contact. You made a great step forward by joining here. Hang in there and don’t give up!

Hello and welcome! I hope you can find some of the help you are looking for here!

Welcome to the forums!
I had a difficult time getting diagnosed as an adult too.
The psychologists didn't want to take insurance, (at least not the type I have),
they all wanted money and it was very expensive. I didn't have it.

I went to a website called Healthgrades.
There I could type in the kind of doctor I was looking for,
the type of insurance I have and how far was I willing to travel to find a doctor.
It also gave all kinds of information on the doctor's background.
I started contacting those who came up as a match for my insurance and specialty I was looking for.
Don't know if you have that for your area or not, but, here it is Healthgrades.com.

Hi, welcome. I was diagnosed as a kid with a.d.d. As an adult I was diagnosed with level 1 autism and was told the a.d.d. Was a misdiagnosis. Interesting.

Good luck.

New Threads

Top Bottom