• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Need help finding text app for iPad

I only need small text for myself so I can see what I type, I need larger text options for the person reading on their side. When I am at the pharmacy they need to be able to read it from a couple of feet. Most people are a couple of feet away.

Are you writing a program I can run on an iPad? I did not know that was possible.
Yes...you will be able to run it on your iPad without internet connection.

Understood. A least big enough to be seen a few feet away.

While on the topic, I have been wanting to create some basic apps for my iPad. I have/had some programming knowledge. Is there particular software that is required to create apps?

While on the topic, I have been wanting to create some basic apps for my iPad. I have/had some programming knowledge. Is there particular software that is required to create apps?
XCode and and a developers account with apple. You can develop with Visual Studio or XCode for IOS apps that run on iPhone or iPad, actually.

I only need small text for myself so I can see what I type, I need larger text options for the person reading on their side. When I am at the pharmacy they need to be able to read it from a couple of feet. Most people are a couple of feet away.

Are you writing a program I can run on an iPad? I did not know that was possible.
Here is the app working with a font size slider so you can adjust to your neds.

XCode and and a developers account with apple. You can develop with Visual Studio or XCode for IOS apps that run on iPhone or iPad, actually.
That is very interesting. I thought Apple locked everything so you could only have what they gave you.
I would very much like to try what you are making. I need to ship a package soon and I will need to speak to the people at the counter. Usually before I on in at that place I type on the iPad why I am there and show it to them. I usually just nod to answer their questions and they understand but I would like to be able to use the iPad in an easier way with the program you are writing.

I think it would be much easier for people to see what I am saying if they do not have to read it upside down or guess or wait for me to lift up the iPad.

Thank you for helping.

That is very interesting. I thought Apple locked everything so you could only have what they gave you.
I would very much like to try what you are making. I need to ship a package soon and I will need to speak to the people at the counter. Usually before I on in at that place I type on the iPad why I am there and show it to them. I usually just nod to answer their questions and they understand but I would like to be able to use the iPad in an easier way with the program you are writing.

I think it would be much easier for people to see what I am saying if they do not have to read it upside down or guess or wait for me to lift up the iPad.

Thank you for helping.
I m a licensed developer. I will be "Flight Testing" the app once I get it registered and get the Provisioning Profile working properly. It means I'll be able to send you a link, you download it and test it out.

You're welcome. :)

I m a licensed developer. I will be "Flight Testing" the app once I get it registered and get the Provisioning Profile working properly. It means I'll be able to send you a link, you download it and test it out.

You're welcome. :)
This is exciting. :)

I will have to upgrade my machine. Apple won't allow me to update to latest operating system due to the model year of my machine. I will find a way around this...found some work-arounds and upgrade path but may take me a few weeks to get done. Sorry about this. Once I get it upgraded, I will notify you when I get it loaded to AppleConnect for Test Flight. I WILL get this app to you.

I will have to upgrade my machine. Apple won't allow me to update to latest operating system due to the model year of my machine. I will find a way around this...found some work-arounds and upgrade path but may take me a few weeks to get done. Sorry about this. Once I get it upgraded, I will notify you when I get it loaded to AppleConnect for Test Flight. I WILL get this app to you.
Thank you for trying so hard. It would help me but also I think other people too.

Thank you for trying so hard. It would help me but also I think other people too.
This app will get done...I've contacted a shop and waiting for a reply on getting the proper upgrades for my current machine..

I want to see this app get done.

I found this app. It is very expensive but seems to do a good job. I wanted to show it to you so you do not do a lot of work and not know there is also another application.

This app is called Flip Writer

Flip Writer.jpeg

With all of the features, yes, the price for Flip Writer is understandable. If possible, you may want to go with that one and experiment with it. It's supported and it's on the AppStore...if you don't like it, you should be able to get a refund.

I'm still going to finish mine...because I said I was going to...and as a possible lower cost alternative.

With all of the features, yes, the price for Flip Writer is understandable. If possible, you may want to go with that one and experiment with it. It's supported and it's on the AppStore...if you don't like it, you should be able to get a refund.

I'm still going to finish mine...because I said I was going to...and as a possible lower cost alternative.

I did text chat support with Apple last night trying to find out if the app is something I could try and get a refund for if it did not work out well for me. I could not understand their explanation.

I would try the app if I knew I could return it but I I cannot figure out how to find out if that is possible, do you know?

I did text chat support with Apple last night trying to find out if the app is something I could try and get a refund for if it did not work out well for me. I could not understand their explanation.

I would try the app if I knew I could return it but I I cannot figure out how to find out if that is possible, do you know?
Strange. They should be able to refund the purchase. Though I can understand why Apple doesn't want you to get a refund due to their 30% cut of the selling price of the app. I was able to get a refund on an app that was considerably cheaper than Flip Writer. I hounded them to refund it though.

Request A Refund

Strange. They should be able to refund the purchase. Though I can understand why Apple doesn't want you to get a refund due to their 30% cut of the selling price of the app. I was able to get a refund on an app that was considerably cheaper than Flip Writer. I hounded them to refund it though.

Request A Refund

Apple was not clear on if they would give a refund if I bought it, how long the return period was or how I would ask. I tried to understand but I could not. They seemed to say they would but that they would not and I would have to contact the app maker. When I can, I will try to figure it out again.

The link in my previous post, Request A Refund, would have to suffice after the purchase...that's if you are truly unhappy with the app. If you're happy with it, then great! :) The app has fulfilled your needs.

The link in my previous post, Request A Refund, would have to suffice after the purchase...that's if you are truly unhappy with the app. If you're happy with it, then great! :) The app has fulfilled your needs.

Thank you, I did not see the link before when I read. I will remember it so I can use it if I need to. I do not have the extra $50 right now for the app. It looks very good though. I wonder why it costs so much. I cannot know how much hard work it takes to make something so nice but people also need to be able to afford it. Maybe they are not thinking of individuals, autistic adults. Maybe they are thinking of parents who will spend a lot on things like that.

Thank you, I did not see the link before when I read. I will remember it so I can use it if I need to. I do not have the extra $50 right now for the app. It looks very good though. I wonder why it costs so much. I cannot know how much hard work it takes to make something so nice but people also need to be able to afford it. Maybe they are not thinking of individuals, autistic adults. Maybe they are thinking of parents who will spend a lot on things like that.
FlipWriter has a lot of features and with those features comes a lot of testing...testing = time which in turn ='s $$$. Computer programming is essentially learning another language to speak to a computer and make it do things. Each computer programming language has it's own syntax and strucuture as well as the way that the compiler understands that language to make the apps that you use. It's a long and involved process to create an app that is meaningful due to how complex the devices we use are. That's why some apps are really expensive...time. :)

Once I can get my hardware issues solved, I will make sure that you receive it. I probably will charge a small amount for it, so you won't have to worry about that. :)

New Threads

Top Bottom