• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Need help finding text app for iPad

grommet

Hello,

I have mutism and use my iPad to talk. There is an app I was told about that will let me type but on the far side of the screen shows what I am typing upside down to me, facing right side up for the person across from me so they can read it. I have been searching a lot, including on the app store and I cannot find it, do you know what it is called or can you help me find it?

I spoke to Apple Accessible services today. I asked if there was a built-in feature that would let me do this but he could not find a way.

For now I type and the person has to read it from an angle or I turn the iPad around. It is not good. It takes a lot of time and sometimes I accidentally touch the power button and turn the iPad off without knowing it and they just see it turned of with a blank screen.

Thank you if you can help.

There is an online text generator that can be used in real time for such a purpose. Not quite what you're looking for perhaps, but might help at times?

Reverse, Flip or Upside Down Text Generator

(I've looked for ipad apps without success - I hope you find what you're looking for)

Thank you. I need something I can use without an internet connection and for the text to be large. I use a program on the iPad called Pages, it is a word processor. I make the text 72pt or 96pt, sometimes smaller for the situation. Getting on the bus I show the driver my destination, it needs to be large printing and without internet.

I thought there was an app I could install to do it but maybe it it can't be found, it does not exist.

Could something like this help you? It isn't what you are looking for.

‎Text To Speech: Type and Talk

There might be other apps that do the same thing, might be worth having a hunt around.

Thank you, no. I do not need a text to speech app. I can find those and Apple has the feature built into their operating systems. I need something only for text. What I do now works but with some awkwardness because I have to show them the iPad so they can see what I wrote but that means I have to stop each time I say something.

Looking into component rotation in Xcode to see what can be done. What else are you needing it to do?

very simple example.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-09-23 at 19.25.36.png
    Screen Shot 2022-09-23 at 19.25.36.png
    109.7 KB · Views: 40
Ahhh...larger text. Got it. Did you want large text in both text areas input and output...or smaller on the input and larger on the output?
I will do a larger text version tomorrow.

Ahhh...larger text. Got it. Did you want large text in both text areas input and output...or smaller on the input and larger on the output?
I will do a larger text version tomorrow.

I only need small text for myself so I can see what I type, I need larger text options for the person reading on their side. When I am at the pharmacy they need to be able to read it from a couple of feet. Most people are a couple of feet away.

Are you writing a program I can run on an iPad? I did not know that was possible.

New Threads

Top Bottom