1. Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Need help figuring out how an autistic friend relates to parenting

Discussion in 'Friends, Family & Social Skills' started by Baeraad, Aug 19, 2019.

1. Baeraad

Baeraad Well-Known Member

(post deleted since the consensus seems to be "just stop thinking about it!" All right, then)

Last edited: Aug 19, 2019
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. GadAbout

GadAbout Well-Known Member

You are overly involved in your friends' decision-making about parenting. Limit your judgments about the wisdom of this to your own life.

If I were your friend and aware that you are thinking so much about my personal decisions, I would be very uncomfortable with this. It really, truly, is none of your business.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Running Girl

Running Girl Member

Maternal instinct (and reproductive instinct) is very powerful to the point of making irrational decisions. Really most human instinct flies in the face of reason. I happened to have a kid who was an easy baby, and an easy child. Plus my mother helped a lot with giving me breaks, as most grandparents adore their grandkids. So in spite of my alone-time requirements and all the rest, i was at my best when interacting with my kid. That did change when she became a heroin and crack addict but thats another story....

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  4. tducey

tducey Well-Known Member

You can always give advice but it might be best if you let them make their own decisions.

5. Tom

Tom Well-Known Member V.I.P Member

If you start saving now, you may be able to afford a nice lego set gift for the kid's 10th birthday.

6. Fridgemagnetman

Fridgemagnetman I only have one V.I.P Member

Now you've said that, I really want to start thinking about it.

Everyone has to think of something,right?

Even nothing is something if it's a thought.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Gracey

Gracey Well-Known Member V.I.P Member

I'm already thinking about it.

given that most experiences would be unique,
    the title encouraged my curiosity.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Baeraad

Baeraad Well-Known Member

Yeah, well, the post is gone, but you can still see the immediate response I got. Apparently it wasn't an okay post to make.

You can PM me if you really want to know, I guess.

9. Fridgemagnetman

Fridgemagnetman I only have one V.I.P Member

It was fine.

I didnt see it but I know it was fine.

All posts are. Even ones that on the surface are not liked.

Everyone is an idiot unless you agree with them, then they're quite sensible.

• Like Like x 1