• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Need help figuring out how an autistic friend relates to parenting

Baeraad

(post deleted since the consensus seems to be "just stop thinking about it!" All right, then)

Last edited:
You are overly involved in your friends' decision-making about parenting. Limit your judgments about the wisdom of this to your own life.

If I were your friend and aware that you are thinking so much about my personal decisions, I would be very uncomfortable with this. It really, truly, is none of your business.

Maternal instinct (and reproductive instinct) is very powerful to the point of making irrational decisions. Really most human instinct flies in the face of reason. I happened to have a kid who was an easy baby, and an easy child. Plus my mother helped a lot with giving me breaks, as most grandparents adore their grandkids. So in spite of my alone-time requirements and all the rest, i was at my best when interacting with my kid. That did change when she became a heroin and crack addict but thats another story....

If you start saving now, you may be able to afford a nice lego set gift for the kid's 10th birthday.

I'm already thinking about it.

given that most experiences would be unique,
the title encouraged my curiosity.

Yeah, well, the post is gone, but you can still see the immediate response I got. Apparently it wasn't an okay post to make.

You can PM me if you really want to know, I guess.

New Threads

Top Bottom