• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Need Help Alexithymia downfall of marriage

I feel like I do love her and have told her constantly I do but when she has pressed me to put it into words the best I can do is I get a warm feeling that I can't put into words.

I know this one, too. Not being able to identify and name the feeling is part of alexi. I know that I love my wife, but when pressed to explain what feeling is going on I can't name it. This is not the answer my wife is looking for and is disappointing to her. She asked me recently if I actually had feelings for her, which was a difficult question for me to answer.

Having alexithymia is tough on a relationship. You might not be ready to maintain a typical relationship. Talk with your wife about your concerns and figure out how to transition out unless she thinks she can handle this. I think the one poster's therapist suggesting an emotional wheel is a step in the right direction. Maybe look for another therapist, or ask your current therapist to help you develop an emotion wheel. Or, you can develop an emotion wheel from this video:

I bought emotion wheel pillow cases. We use them on the throw pillows in the living room. My hubby with alexithymia doesn't appear to be using them but it was my idea not his and it's helping my son figure out how to name his feelings. I got the pillow cases on Amazon.

New Threads

Top Bottom