• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Mysterious (?) Chronic Pain

You are so kind! I love you!!

I actually tried getting high from L-Phenylalanine back when I was trying to get high from everything! I don't remember if that even made sense...

Anyway, from the small amount of research I just did, it doesn't look like it would be a good idea to take DLPA with the medications I take, which are Lithium, Wellbutrin, Adderall, and Buspirione. I could be wrong, but it seems to say that DLPA acts on the same neurotransmitters as some of these and, therefore, would not be good.

Turmeric doesn't look like it would be a problem, though! I have drank tea that contained turmeric. Is that something intended to provide temporary relief, similar to advil? Or something else?

The pain with my hand isn't a major problem in my life. I've gotten used to doing most things with my left hand, I'm left-handed anyway, and it doesn't regularly hurt. So I wouldn't stop piano just for that to get better.

But if stopping piano was necessary for my neck, I would try that out. You're right that I can't do that now. I can reduce playing but not eliminate it. It's something to consider in the future, though, if nothing else is effective before then!

Thank you! I've come across a lot of interesting information, including unrelated but helpful things, while researching things you've said!

I appreciate you very much!
You are so kind, too, and, I appreciate you very much, as well! You've given me some good laughs around the forum, so, I am glad if I can give something back, or be of help in any way. It's good to read that you looked up interactions with the medications you take, presently. I should have suggested you do that, perhaps. You, obviously, didn't need it, but, someone else could have.

You've possibly found a turmeric/ golden paste recipe, through your search for turmeric information. If not, let me know as I would be happy to share mine. You mentioned having had turmeric tea in the past. The tea can be effective, if it also contains black pepper, which is the carrier/ synthesizes the turmeric. It can be, quite a bit more effective, if you add a tablespoon of coconut oil, as coconut oil penetrates cell walls/ membranes and allows remedies to be absorbed, more, efficiently. Turmeric interacts with blood thinners and diabetes medications, thus, if you did not see information on it, and you do take those types of medications, you might want to avoid it.

I returned to mention that I ran your issue by my doctor, who said, if you were her patient, she would suggest an MRI, if an x-ray did not show anything, and you were to want to get to the bottom of what is causing your neck pain. Insurance, usually, covers them if your MD or other practitioner were to prescribe it. You can request an MRI perscription, and shouldn't need to wait for your doctor to suggest that you have one.

: -)

You are so kind, too, and, I appreciate you very much, as well! You've given me some good laughs around the forum, so, I am glad if I can give something back, or be of help in any way. It's good to read that you looked up interactions with the medications you take, presently. I should have suggested you do that, perhaps. You, obviously, didn't need it, but, someone else could have.

You've possibly found a turmeric/ golden paste recipe, through your search for turmeric information. If not, let me know as I would be happy to share mine. You mentioned having had turmeric tea in the past. The tea can be effective, if it also contains black pepper, which is the carrier/ synthesizes the turmeric. It can be, quite a bit more effective, if you add a tablespoon of coconut oil, as coconut oil penetrates cell walls/ membranes and allows remedies to be absorbed, more, efficiently. Turmeric interacts with blood thinners and diabetes medications, thus, if you did not see information on it, and you do take those types of medications, you might want to avoid it.

I returned to mention that I ran your issue by my doctor, who said, if you were her patient, she would suggest an MRI, if an x-ray did not show anything, and you were to want to get to the bottom of what is causing your neck pain. Insurance, usually, covers them if your MD or other practitioner were to prescribe it. You can request an MRI perscription, and shouldn't need to wait for your doctor to suggest that you have one.

: -)

You're here! I was starting to have minor abandonment issues LOL

I got this: TurmericBoost Canisters: Restore Functional Foods

I looked into the golden paste, and it seems to involve a bit of cooking, which is something I tend to avoid for various reasons.

I already drink a protein shake twice a day, which is why I thought the one I got would be a good idea. Let me know if it's not. I would have preferred one without the prebiotic blend, just because I don't know enough about it and am cautious of adding anything else into the mix when there's so much already.

Coincidentally, coconut oil is something I already include!

I did see that about the black pepper, and I had never had it with black pepper before, which may explain why it had no noticeable effect.

That was also what I said about the interactions, and my medication also interacts with those! But no sign of interacting with this, from anything I've read.

That's amazing that you asked your doctor! I appreciate it very much!

Unfortunately, I have had an MRI and it showed nothing abnormal. I see a physical therapist in a couple weeks and will ask that person. It's a different place and person than before because my insurance has changed since then. Hopefully, that's a good thing.

I wonder if these sorts of things, or a predisposition for these sorts of things, are somehow genetic, because my mom is in constant pain in her neck and arms. It was apparently so much pain that she broke her own life-ruining religious doctrine to be medicated 24/7. I think that's irony, but irony is confusing so I'm not sure.

Pain medication messes with my other medications though, especially if used long-term. Last time I tried pain medication, I became suicidal within a week.

Anyway, I veered off-topic. Thanks again! I'm glad you didn't disappear forever! :D

I looked into the golden paste, and it seems to involve a bit of cooking, which is something I tend to avoid for various reasons.

I already drink a protein shake twice a day, which is why I thought the one I got would be a good idea. Let me know if it's not. I would have preferred one without the prebiotic blend, just because I don't know enough about it and am cautious of adding anything else into the mix when there's so much already.

I did see that about the black pepper, and I had never had it with black pepper before, which may explain why it had no noticeable effect.

That was also what I said about the interactions, and my medication also interacts with those! But no sign of interacting with this, from anything I've read.

Unfortunately, I have had an MRI and it showed nothing abnormal. I see a physical therapist in a couple weeks and will ask that person. It's a different place and person than before because my insurance has changed since then. Hopefully, that's a good thing.

I wonder if these sorts of things, or a predisposition for these sorts of things, are somehow genetic, because my mom is in constant pain in her neck and arms. It was apparently so much pain that she broke her own life-ruining religious doctrine to be medicated 24/7. I think that's irony, but irony is confusing so I'm not sure.

Pain medication messes with my other medications though, especially if used long-term. Last time I tried pain medication, I became suicidal within a week.

Anyway, I veered off-topic. Thanks again! I'm glad you didn't disappear forever! :D
I'm going to reply within the next couple of days/ upon my return, as I had to, somewhat, rush through reading what you shared, and wish to re-read it. You did say you had an MRI. My apologies! After we got onto the topic of tendonitis/ how to detect it, I think I neglected to recall some details within your initial post.

In case you were serious about feeling a sense of abandonment, I wanted to, at least, offer you assurance, that I will not abandon you/ this conversation, and will be returning. I know what it's like to experience uncertainty/ have to wonder what to expect. If you were simply being cheeky, you may disregard all of that. Either way, I would like to respond, properly, to things you've added, and I haven't had a chance to read about the shake you purchased.

You are most welcome! It's been a pleasure conversing with you. I look forward to returning, as soon as I am able. I've been away, visiting family, thus my extended absences.

Have a nice Sunday, and speak with you, again, soon!

Last edited:
I'm going to reply within the next couple of days/ upon my return, as I had to, somewhat, rush through reading what you shared, and wish to re-read it. You did say you had an MRI. My apologies! After we got onto the topic of tendonitis/ how to detect it, I think I neglected to recall some details within your initial post.

In case you were serious about feeling a sense of abandonment, I wanted to, at least, offer you assurance, that I will not abandon you/ this conversation, and will be returning. I know what it's like to experience uncertainty/ have to wonder what to expect. If you were simply being cheeky, you may disregard all of that. Either way, I would like to respond, properly, to things you've added, and I haven't had a chance to read about the shake you purchased.

You are most welcome! It's been a pleasure conversing with you. I look forward to returning, as soon as I am able. I've been away, visiting family, thus my extended absences.

Have a nice Sunday, and speak with you, again, soon!

Thank you very much for all of that! I wasn't being cheeky, I only put "LOL" in an attempt to not come off as insane. Don't feel any pressure to ever rush! Thank you!!

You're welcome, Fino! Thank you, as well, for explaining what you meant, and letting me know not to feel pressured or rushed. I appreciate it very much! I've just returned, and reading your post, at this time. I will respond, shortly. I hope you are doing well.

Gaia has a good reputation, and, I have, personally, found some of their medicinal teas to be effective. The probiotic blend is made up of ingredients I add to my turmeric drink, in addition to nutmeg. I wasn't aware that those ingredients were considered to be probiotics, but, it makes sense, since, all are utilized for digestive support, and to ease stomach issues of various sorts. I add the very, same ingredients, but, for their anti-inflammatory and warming properties.

Since you've asked for my thoughts; I think you chose a very good product with an excellent combination of ingredients. If the Gaia brand happens not to work, which I don't see why it wouldn't, I wouldn't give up, and would try purchasing the ingredients from the bulk spice department, at your local health-food market, if possible. One thing I will add, is that, you may need to experiment with dosing of turmeric. Begin with the recommended dose, and go from there. Read articles regarding turmeric dosing, in case you were to need to raise the dose, without exceeding what is known to be safe.

I'm sorry that your Mom has been in so much pain. With regard to your thoughts pertaining to genetic predisposition, I believe that there could be. In terms of myself, I have the same eye and nerve issues that my Father has, as well as anxiety, OCD and ASD parallels, and don't see why pain in the same anatomy wouldn't be possible. Perhaps, I should mention, since it pertains to this topic, and might offer some hope. My Father was taking pain medication for arthritis, for many years, and, almost, immediately, experienced significantly, more relief with the addition of turmeric. Over the past 18 months, he replaced his medication with turmeric. I'm not suggesting this as a course of action for all, but, just an example of turmeric's effectiveness in some people, if not many who utilize it. I hope it brings you immense relief, and, I would be interested to know how it goes, if you would want to share your experience. : ))

I've seen many chiropractors, and they're definitely not all equal. Not only are there different styles, but they're (at least here) not regulated in the same way that other physicians are. Some are great, but some are charlatans.

It's true that there are many toxins in the world. It's almost certainly not that. If someone tries to get you to 'detoxify', don't give them your money. If we weren't full of 10,000 different chemicals we would die. It's a very complicated thing, and a relatively easy way for a con-artist to take advantage of someone's suffering and ignorance. Poisons are real, but they don't target necks.

X-rays and MRI's don't see anything. People looking at them see things, when they're there, sometimes. Some injuries or conditions can be much more subtle than others, and are easily missed by anyone who doesn't know about the specific condition that you have... it could be very rare and something that most doctors have no experience with or education regarding. A different condition may be aggravating something doctors have seen, but which they've written off as being much too minor to cause a problem, they've seen it hundreds of times... but not in combination with your other condition.

You could have a slight natural curvature of your neck which wouldn't be a problem, and which when examined in isolation would not be identified as a problem. But most people with such a curvature don't play piano, and are unlike you in other ways, perhaps your height or musculature or flexibility or the composition of the soft tissues surrounding your vertebrae are slightly unusual. You're not being x-rayed whilst playing the piano, so a problem with that particular activity may not be apparent when you're lying on your back for the x-ray as your neck is not sagging as it (hypothetically) does when you're playing.

I don't have a medical education, but I have now spent most of my life dealing with spinal alignment problems. I could go on at great length (as opposed to this post!) about my own experiences, and am willing to do so should they be relevant. I am too tall, thin and flexible, that is the root of my spinal problems. Taken by themselves most people think that tall, thin and flexible are good things, but my spine is rather more like a slinky than is beneficial. I complained for years about pain at the bottom of my spine, and doctors looking at x-rays declared me fit for years, but eventually enough damage was done to show up on an x-ray. A neurosurgeon told me that he could see damage (from an MRI) but that it shouldn't be having the effect on me that it was... and this is his speciality. The x-rays and MRI were all done with me lying down, and I was always able to lie down in relative comfort. McCoy and his tricorder have been conspicuously absent throughout, and short of that you may have a very difficult time determining what is wrong.

But the tendonitis/pain started five years ago and was caused by excessive tension during excessive amounts of piano practice. Does the fact that it occurred much more recently and with a clear cause disqualify it from having some relation to my neck?

Piano practice is no more a 'clear cause' than a car accident is a clear cause of death. That is to say, it may well be the cause, but it doesn't give much clue as to the specific mechanism. Many people survive car accidents and piano playing without injury. While one person may have been saved by a seat belt, another may have needed an air bag, or to be sitting three inches to the left, or have had the headrest extended to prevent whiplash.

I wonder if you've tried sitting on different seats while playing?

Gaia has a good reputation, and, I have, personally, found some of their medicinal teas to be effective. The probiotic blend is made up of ingredients I add to my turmeric drink, in addition to nutmeg. I wasn't aware that those ingredients were considered to be probiotics, but, it makes sense, since, all are utilized for digestive support, and to ease stomach issues of various sorts. I add the very, same ingredients, but, for their anti-inflammatory and warming properties.

Since you've asked for my thoughts; I think you chose a very good product with an excellent combination of ingredients. If the Gaia brand happens not to work, which I don't see why it wouldn't, I wouldn't give up, and would try purchasing the ingredients from the bulk spice department, at your local health-food market, if possible. One thing I will add, is that, you may need to experiment with dosing of turmeric. Begin with the recommended dose, and go from there. Read articles regarding turmeric dosing, in case you were to need to raise the dose, without exceeding what is known to be safe.

I'm sorry that your Mom has been in so much pain. With regard to your thoughts pertaining to genetic predisposition, I believe that there could be. In terms of myself, I have the same eye and nerve issues that my Father has, as well as anxiety, OCD and ASD parallels, and don't see why pain in the same anatomy wouldn't be possible. Perhaps, I should mention, since it pertains to this topic, and might offer some hope. My Father was taking pain medication for arthritis, for many years, and, almost, immediately, experienced significantly, more relief with the addition of turmeric. Over the past 18 months, he replaced his medication with turmeric. I'm not suggesting this as a course of action for all, but, just an example of turmeric's effectiveness in some people, if not many who utilize it. I hope it brings you immense relief, and, I would be interested to know how it goes, if you would want to share your experience. : ))

Thank you very much! For everything! The world crumbles very easily for me--a perfect example of a cause being the thread recently made here about someone having trouble in work--but, luckily it's built back up again just as suddenly! People like you are the balance to the things that aren't right! I'll definitely post here how it goes as soon as anything changes in any significant way. :deciduous::walking::deciduous:

That's supposed to be a dood going for a walk through a forest or other heavily wooded area. :D

I've seen many chiropractors, and they're definitely not all equal. Not only are there different styles, but they're (at least here) not regulated in the same way that other physicians are. Some are great, but some are charlatans.

It's true that there are many toxins in the world. It's almost certainly not that. If someone tries to get you to 'detoxify', don't give them your money. If we weren't full of 10,000 different chemicals we would die. It's a very complicated thing, and a relatively easy way for a con-artist to take advantage of someone's suffering and ignorance. Poisons are real, but they don't target necks.

X-rays and MRI's don't see anything. People looking at them see things, when they're there, sometimes. Some injuries or conditions can be much more subtle than others, and are easily missed by anyone who doesn't know about the specific condition that you have... it could be very rare and something that most doctors have no experience with or education regarding. A different condition may be aggravating something doctors have seen, but which they've written off as being much too minor to cause a problem, they've seen it hundreds of times... but not in combination with your other condition.

You could have a slight natural curvature of your neck which wouldn't be a problem, and which when examined in isolation would not be identified as a problem. But most people with such a curvature don't play piano, and are unlike you in other ways, perhaps your height or musculature or flexibility or the composition of the soft tissues surrounding your vertebrae are slightly unusual. You're not being x-rayed whilst playing the piano, so a problem with that particular activity may not be apparent when you're lying on your back for the x-ray as your neck is not sagging as it (hypothetically) does when you're playing.

I don't have a medical education, but I have now spent most of my life dealing with spinal alignment problems. I could go on at great length (as opposed to this post!) about my own experiences, and am willing to do so should they be relevant. I am too tall, thin and flexible, that is the root of my spinal problems. Taken by themselves most people think that tall, thin and flexible are good things, but my spine is rather more like a slinky than is beneficial. I complained for years about pain at the bottom of my spine, and doctors looking at x-rays declared me fit for years, but eventually enough damage was done to show up on an x-ray. A neurosurgeon told me that he could see damage (from an MRI) but that it shouldn't be having the effect on me that it was... and this is his speciality. The x-rays and MRI were all done with me lying down, and I was always able to lie down in relative comfort. McCoy and his tricorder have been conspicuously absent throughout, and short of that you may have a very difficult time determining what is wrong.

Piano practice is no more a 'clear cause' than a car accident is a clear cause of death. That is to say, it may well be the cause, but it doesn't give much clue as to the specific mechanism. Many people survive car accidents and piano playing without injury. While one person may have been saved by a seat belt, another may have needed an air bag, or to be sitting three inches to the left, or have had the headrest extended to prevent whiplash.

I wonder if you've tried sitting on different seats while playing?

Wonderfully enlightening! Thank you!

I assume you chose your example at random, but I have noticed a slight curvature in my neck. For years, when seeing myself in pictures, I thought my posture was just terrible, but that was not the case. Maybe your example is exactly the case. :eek:

I've played on many different piano benches, but they're all pretty similar, so I'm guessing you mean experimenting with other kinds of seats, such as chairs and.. something else?

I've noticed that pretty much all piano players use pretty standardized-looking benches, and I don't know that it would be possible to play in the same way on another sort of seat, but if you think so then it might be worth a try. I should think that in a perfect magical world even if everyone did use benches, the benches would adjust their height to compensate when different people sat on them. I don't know if a bench an inch , or half an inch, higher or lower might make a big difference. Adjusting my bike seat by that much makes a big difference after six hours of riding... and while riding it's natural to be paying attention to physical form, it's necessary to get good performance and efficiency, and with my back it's necessary simply to not hurt myself in the first few miles. I'm pretty sure that if you can't stop playing for some reason, you're a pretty good piano player. You'll be wanting to concentrate on the music much more than on your posture while playing, so I imagine ergonomics might be even more essential... but then you're not straining yourself in the same way, either. I dunno, I thought it was worth suggesting, probably not too difficult to try.

I would assume that if your neck didn't start out curved, it is by now. Or if not, then there is unequal tension on the two sides of your neck, as I imagine that the right side, the painful side, is constantly tense. That may pull your neck over, your you may be pulling it the other way to more efficiently oppose bone and muscle, but there almost has to be an imbalance there going by my own experience. When I have a problem area in my spine it's usually tension as you were mentioning, an imbalance in tension along the main support for the upper body, with things balancing above the area and requiring tension throughout to keep it all on top of a flexible support... so the joints above and below will also have unequal tension to compensate, and often feel sore and will crack often.

So born with it curved was random I guess, could have been curved through injury, unequal muscular development, repetitive motions that are imbalanced... something set part of it off to one side, of that I was pretty sure. If you're not in good shape I'd recommend strengthening your back... but NOT straining your neck. Being too thin is part of my problem and not so likely part of yours. For me, for sure strengthening my back is key. But because your neck imbalance will cause unequal tension in your upper back, you may eventually find that your upper back now has a curve and it's causing unequal tension in the middle of your back, and you're slowly turning into a pretzel. Best to take action to prevent that if you're not already athletically inclined. Not saying to get a gym membership, whey powder and steroids, but if you're feeling sore close to the problem area as I've described I think that having the strength to resist the tension near the source and stop the imbalance from travelling along your spine by having more muscle available where the problem lies (or close to) has to be a good thing. Again, absolutely not by straining your neck. A great many of us lead rather sedentary lifestyles that can allow some portions of our bodies to lack good conditioning, and a small amount of exercise hitting the right places can make a big difference. Sometimes the muscle is there, but there are so many different muscles around your spine pulling on it this way and that, if we're not in shape then that pulling can easily be uncoordinated. You want your spine and what's around it to work together well.

I've run out of ideas so I thought I might ask the smartest people I know and see what happens! :D

My neck has been hurting on the right side for as long as I can remember. It doesn't typically hurt from moment to moment, it's more of a range of motion thing, I think. I can't look to the right for long periods of time (a couple minutes), such as sitting on the left side of the theater or talking to someone on my right.

It's most obvious, and most problematic, when trying to sleep. It would be far too painful to sleep on my left side and it hurts slightly when I sleep on my back so I'm required to sleep on my right side, which causes problems with my tendonitis hand and also is just annoying to always sleep on the same side.

I've tried physical therapy, acupuncture, massage therapy, a chiropractor, and, of course drugs. They all do nothing. They don't reduce it or change it in any noticeable way.

It feels as if my neck is not supposed to go that way. It's like if you tried bending your arm backwards. There isn't any treatment that is going to stop that from hurting. A painkiller wouldn't allow you to do it.

I had an X-ray and an MRI done and it's all normal. My doctor ran out of ideas and is sending me back to physical therapy, so that's happening.

I thought it might useful, though, to see if anyone here has any thoughts or just wanted to share their experiences with chronic pain, what they tried, what worked, what didn't, etc.

And is it unusual for someone to be in near constant physical pain from a young age, 10, 11, somewhere around there? Older people always joke that I need to enjoy my youth because later I will be aching every day. Maybe it'll be like a Benjamin Button thing and I'll be pain-free when I'm elderly? :eek:

Thank you for whatever you say!

I'm sure it'll be awesome! :)

No pressure! ;)
it will probably be arthritis from an injury or it could be nerve damage .I've got it down my left side, I have terrible sciatica .One thing that helps is a memory foam mattress and pillow and memory foam soles .
also use a back cushion which is shaped for your coccyx ( tail bone )
A memory foam topper on any seat is a good investment

it will probably be arthritis from an injury or it could be nerve damage .I've got it down my left side, I have terrible sciatica .One thing that helps is a memory foam mattress and pillow and memory foam soles .
also use a back cushion which is shaped for your coccyx ( tail bone )
A memory foam topper on any seat is a good investment

I really appreciate the suggestions, but I happen to have all of those things! :eek::confused::)

I've noticed that pretty much all piano players use pretty standardized-looking benches, and I don't know that it would be possible to play in the same way on another sort of seat, but if you think so then it might be worth a try. I should think that in a perfect magical world even if everyone did use benches, the benches would adjust their height to compensate when different people sat on them. I don't know if a bench an inch , or half an inch, higher or lower might make a big difference. Adjusting my bike seat by that much makes a big difference after six hours of riding... and while riding it's natural to be paying attention to physical form, it's necessary to get good performance and efficiency, and with my back it's necessary simply to not hurt myself in the first few miles. I'm pretty sure that if you can't stop playing for some reason, you're a pretty good piano player. You'll be wanting to concentrate on the music much more than on your posture while playing, so I imagine ergonomics might be even more essential... but then you're not straining yourself in the same way, either. I dunno, I thought it was worth suggesting, probably not too difficult to try.

I would assume that if your neck didn't start out curved, it is by now. Or if not, then there is unequal tension on the two sides of your neck, as I imagine that the right side, the painful side, is constantly tense. That may pull your neck over, your you may be pulling it the other way to more efficiently oppose bone and muscle, but there almost has to be an imbalance there going by my own experience. When I have a problem area in my spine it's usually tension as you were mentioning, an imbalance in tension along the main support for the upper body, with things balancing above the area and requiring tension throughout to keep it all on top of a flexible support... so the joints above and below will also have unequal tension to compensate, and often feel sore and will crack often.

So born with it curved was random I guess, could have been curved through injury, unequal muscular development, repetitive motions that are imbalanced... something set part of it off to one side, of that I was pretty sure. If you're not in good shape I'd recommend strengthening your back... but NOT straining your neck. Being too thin is part of my problem and not so likely part of yours. For me, for sure strengthening my back is key. But because your neck imbalance will cause unequal tension in your upper back, you may eventually find that your upper back now has a curve and it's causing unequal tension in the middle of your back, and you're slowly turning into a pretzel. Best to take action to prevent that if you're not already athletically inclined. Not saying to get a gym membership, whey powder and steroids, but if you're feeling sore close to the problem area as I've described I think that having the strength to resist the tension near the source and stop the imbalance from travelling along your spine by having more muscle available where the problem lies (or close to) has to be a good thing. Again, absolutely not by straining your neck. A great many of us lead rather sedentary lifestyles that can allow some portions of our bodies to lack good conditioning, and a small amount of exercise hitting the right places can make a big difference. Sometimes the muscle is there, but there are so many different muscles around your spine pulling on it this way and that, if we're not in shape then that pulling can easily be uncoordinated. You want your spine and what's around it to work together well.

I don't know if it could be related, but I am quite skinny. I don't know if it's enough to be problematic, but I'm 5'9" and weight 125.

I do exercise regularly, and I've gone through periods where I did so much more intensely, at the most gaining twenty pounds from it.

I never did think of it as being for my neck problem, though, so maybe being more focused on that could be helpful. I'll be starting physical therapy again soon, so maybe that person could help with information on that.

Thank you!!

Edit: I randomly realized hours later that I didn't respond to what you said about piano benches! The majority of them are adjustable, and I have experimented with different heights. Although it is ultimately up to preference, there is a standard height at which to sit in relation to your height, judging by the slope of your arms when on the keys.

Last edited:
I don't know if it could be related, but I am quite skinny. I don't know if it's enough to be problematic, but I'm 5'9" and weight 125.

I do exercise regularly, and I've gone through periods where I did so much more intensely, at the most gaining twenty pounds from it.

I never did think of it as being for my neck problem, though, so maybe being more focused on that could be helpful. I'll be starting physical therapy again soon, so maybe that person could help with information on that.

Thank you!!
do you have hypermobility syndrome or Ehlers Danhlos syndrome in whatever range if your ligaments are loose it's not going to help, try to come off refined sugar, that will stop your joints from drying out ,drink mineral water more often and have sunflower oil or extra-virgin olive oil ,don't cook extra-virgin olive,cook Olive Oil.
you need to put a lining around the muscles and nerves ,if you don't have enough vegetable oil or in some theories fish oil ,they will dry out that will inflame them.

Thank you very much! For everything! The world crumbles very easily for me--a perfect example of a cause being the thread recently made here about someone having trouble in work--but, luckily it's built back up again just as suddenly! People like you are the balance to the things that aren't right! I'll definitely post here how it goes as soon as anything changes in any significant way. :deciduous::walking::deciduous:

That's supposed to be a dood going for a walk through a forest or other heavily wooded area. :D
You are most welcome, but, you don't have to thank me, as it is my pleasure! Thank you very much!

I think I might understand what you have expressed in regard to the world crumbling easily for you, in that, your heart may become deeply affected while witnessing other's suffering, or cruelty endured. At least, that has been my own experience. I've had to take breaks from here, for this reason, on occasion. If for no other reason than to be of the best future support, where able.

I like your emoji scene/ perspective! A walk through a forest/ being immersed in nature can be quite contenting and rejuvenating! :herb: :fish: :herb:

edit: Do you ever take part in the games sub-forum? It can be a lot of fun and a nice reprieve...

: ))

Last edited:
You are most welcome, but, you don't have to thank me, as it is my pleasure! Thank you very much!

I think I might understand what you have expressed in regard to the world crumbling easily for you, in that, your heart may become deeply affected while witnessing other's suffering, or cruelty endured. At least, that has been my own experience. I've had to take breaks from here, for this reason, on occasion. If for no other reason than to be of the best future support, where able.

I like your emoji scene/ perspective! A walk through a forest/ being immersed in nature can be quite contenting and rejuvenating! :herb: :fish: :herb:

edit: Do you ever take part in the games sub-forum? It can be a lot of fun and a nice reprieve...

: ))

That's exactly what I mean, and I have done the same! I also mean that I struggle with black-and-white thinking, where one example of something bad makes all of humanity evil and vice-versa.

Thank you! I love the fish! That's so cute!

I haven't participated! I have seen the threads and clicked on a few, but something has always prevented me from getting involved. I'll look into it!

do you have hypermobility syndrome or Ehlers Danhlos syndrome in whatever range if your ligaments are loose it's not going to help, try to come off refined sugar, that will stop your joints from drying out ,drink mineral water more often and have sunflower oil or extra-virgin olive oil ,don't cook extra-virgin olive,cook Olive Oil.
you need to put a lining around the muscles and nerves ,if you don't have enough vegetable oil or in some theories fish oil ,they will dry out that will inflame them.

Thank you!!! All new information for me! :beercheers:

New Threads

Top Bottom