• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

My wife says she has discovered the secret

When I was a kid I would tuck in my sheet all the way around the bed, then place all my plushies around me. I liked the feeling, and knowing that my sheets wouldn't be knocked off, since I thrash around in bed at night quite a bit. The next morning my plushies would be all around the perimeter of the mattress, in between the top sheet and the mattress edges. :p:p Eventually "sheet sets" became popular in the US and I couldn't get a different size "flat" sheet than the "fitted" sheet, as they're called here (flat = top, fitted = bottom). The flat sheet has to be larger than the fitted to tuck in properly. I was forced to tuck the top sheet in just at the foot of the bed, since if I didn't the sheet would be on the floor somewhere by early morning. Now that it's becoming possible to buy sheets separately again, when I replaced my sheets a couple months ago I bought a bigger flat sheet, but still tucked it in only at the foot. I am dreading the day when the pendulum swings back to those dratted sheet sets.

Tucked on the bottom left side of the bed, untucked on the right side. Sheets on my side tucked in, both feet stick out on the side. Husbands side untucked, feet sticking out at the bottom.

Last edited:
i need to move my feet back and forth along the smooth sheet, with to top sheet very loose or completely untucked.
I like to be able to put a foot out from under the covers if i get hot.

What? You don’t tuck in your sheets? How do the sheets stay on the bed?! :p

They don't. If someone makes the bed and sheets get put on it, they're the first thing to get kicked off if I don't remove them first.

I have a bunch of pillows at the head of the bed to keep my head raised, it's one of the things that greatly helps with acid reflux. And in the winter I have a stack of pillows at the foot of the bed to keep my legs raised, as my legs like to develop blood clots when it's cold. I've thought about an adjustable bed but they're so expensive. It wouldn't be too hard to weld one up out of some extra frames I've got, it would be manual adjust.

Last edited:
I absolutely MUST have my sheets tucked in at the bottom of the bed. I hate the feeling of exposed feet with no cover at the bottom of the bed. This is guaranteed to wake me up. As a child, I had all the covers tightly tucked in with no movement at all, and if they came loose, I got very upset.
When I was a kid I would tuck in my sheet all the way around the bed, then place all my plushies around me.
This is exactly what I did, too. The plushies had to be placed in a certain order, too. It was like a snug tunnel to sleep in.
Hotel beds everybody
How about a sleeping bag? :)

All will start off aesthetically pleasing.

Really not practical though.

Untucking everything gives my legs and feet a purpose. A job to do.
They're not going to be still,
So they may aswell make themselves useful untucking the covers and sheets :)

Last edited:
I need that tucked in feeling to sleep.
Plus a soft plush light blanket.
I have pillows across the top of the bed, one for my side and one for my legs.
Got to feel cocooned in to sleep well.

Weird that some people sleep without blankets o_O ... or can have their feet, uncovered poking off the side of the bed. O_O That sounds like a horror movie to me.

I don't tuck my covers in at the bottom of the bed, but tuck the cover under my feet and my body, like a cocoon. Having any part of me exposed or having gaps with drafts (apart from my head) to the darkness of the room is just too scary and uncomfortable.. Maybe it's a cultural thing? I'm not sure, but there'd be many freezing nights where I grew up, so, as many blankets as possible was always the norm.

I usually sleep with my feet poking out the side because I get hot at night and don't like confined feet and legs. It is not unusual for me to sleep on top of the covers because my PJs or nightgown keep me warm enough. When I make the bed every morning, I tuck the sheets back under the mattress at the foot of the bed. Have always disliked sleeping bags unless they have a zipper opening that goes all the way down one side so I can move my legs freely and stick out my feet.

I don't tuck my covers in at the bottom of the bed, but tuck the cover under my feet and my body, like a cocoon. Having any part of me exposed or having gaps with drafts (apart from my head) to the darkness of the room is just too scary and uncomfortable.. Maybe it's a cultural thing? I'm not sure, but there'd be many freezing nights where I grew up, so, as many blankets as possible was always the norm.

I do this in the winter when it's cold. Make sure I'm totally covered. When I used to sleep with someone I would tuck it around myself in an effort to keep the blanket from being stolen.

Another reason I don't like having the covers tucked into the bed, is when I need to get up at night to go to the bathroom badly or need to get some acid pills or something, the last thing I want to do when I'm half asleep is be fighting my way out from under covers or a sleeping bag. I also don't like sleeping in total darkess for this reason, need to see where I'm going. Not saying I won't run into something anyway.

My ankles always hurt (connective tissue disorder) so no tucked in sheets for me! I need to be able to roll them and stim with my feet.

Tucked sheets are like a prison for your feet.

I like to use a sheet and blanket for my body, but have my feet uncovered. Bonus if they dangle off the bed. :rolleyes:

I do this in the winter when it's cold. Make sure I'm totally covered. When I used to sleep with someone I would tuck it around myself in an effort to keep the blanket from being stolen.

My partner and I have a duvet each, so nothing is ever stolen and we're both comfortable :D

New Threads

Top Bottom