• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

My psychologist never keeps a time and never gets back to me in time

Nyaruko

Hi!

My psychologist almost never keeps a time she always moves them forward. And she also never gets back to me. wish is very annoying but now I'm starting to think that maybe she doesn't want to see me and shes avoiding me maybe? Or I'm just not prioritized, maybe I don't have enough problems or I'm not worthy the help or something...
Does anyone have any idea of what I should do?

It sounds to me like your therapist doesn't have her s*** together, at least in some aspects; that is a red flag, in my opinion. However, I very much doubt it has anything to do with you personally. Otherwise, though, do you find her helpful?

It sounds to me like your therapist doesn't have her s*** together, at least in some aspects; that is a red flag, in my opinion. However, I very much doubt it has anything to do with you personally. Otherwise, though, do you find her helpful?

Well, a little bit when she doesn't cancel, move forward or don't get back to me at all....

Well, a little bit when she doesn't cancel, move forward or don't get back to me at all....
That doesn't sound good. How can you help a client when you're so flaky with them? Do you have any other options as far as therapy goes?

That doesn't sound good. How can you help a client when you're so flaky with them? Do you have any other options as far as therapy goes?

I can always try to get help where I originally got help, bup they call it here in sweden. My doctor is there and my last psychologist was there who was amazing! but she had to quit... so I think I can get help ther eif I dont have to stand in the enormus line to get in again...

It sounds as though you are asking advice for something you already know, which is called "Confirmation". I would start looking elsewhere.

I know, it sucks right ? :D mine has ADD, that's the reason :) I'm not sure she's aware how bad it really is. In my situation I keep the time and come later most of the time because I know, she'll probably be late :)

If you really need your therapist's help then just tell her that it's very important for you to see her, that you are in crisis. Plus, maybe you should discuss the issue with her, she's your therapist after all. But then if you don't trust her enough to discuss everything, then maybe you should look for a new one.

Hi!

My psychologist almost never keeps a time she always moves them forward. And she also never gets back to me. wish is very annoying but now I'm starting to think that maybe she doesn't want to see me and shes avoiding me maybe? Or I'm just not prioritized, maybe I don't have enough problems or I'm not worthy the help or something...
My psychologist had problems with their offices payment system not coding for payments as medical, to qualify for pre-tax treatment, FSA and medical or insurance spending etc. Sooo...I quickly researched the problem and wrote her emails with solutions. It actually worked! And she showed me the system the next time I was there and did some troubleshooting, downloaded an update, they set up their account anew and <presto> it all was working.

My psychologist had problems with their offices payment system not coding for payments as medical, to qualify for pre-tax treatment, FSA and medical or insurance spending etc. Sooo...I quickly researched the problem and wrote her emails with solutions. It actually worked! And she showed me the system the next time I was there and did some troubleshooting, downloaded an update, they set up their account anew and <presto> it all was working.
I hope you did not charge her too much.

Hi!

Hi Nyaruko, Well at least you're not at the top of the list as a five alarm nut case,:confused: but I suppose it hurts a little to be neglected.o_O She probably is over booked and needs a new secratary.:oops: I would see if you can round up a kind friend to talk to once in a while.:D Ask her about it you will be doing her a favor her practice won't last long if she keeps that up. Get a new psychologist if nothing changes. Or you can go to human services like me and they will listen and smile and say nice things and do nothing at all for free.:p Or buy a dog!:):dog:

New Threads

Top Bottom