• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

My obsessions and interests

Rob

V.I.P Member
Hi Everyone

I have been absent from the forum for a week or so because I have been working part-time and doing housework/yardwork for my parents. I am also part of another forum too. The TV is very addictive too, and I am easily hooked after just fifteen or twenty minutes!

My biggest obsession is the weather. I am excited to see big clouds billowing in the sky, growing like cauliflowers, waiting to hear the first rumble of thunder. Here in Golden BC it seems that the storms start late because of the snow-covered mountains and the way the mountains break up any "exciting" weather spilling over from Alberta. In Alberta they get a lot of storms in the spring while we tend to get the spent left-overs. But just last week and early last night we got our first lightning storms. They are exciting to watch. Frequently I will look outside the window to see the dark skies, waiting for the next lightning strike. On TV I frequently watch the Weather Network. It is interesting for me to watch how the weather works, but tragic to see the damage done by tornadoes and floods. I pray for those in Oklahoma who have to deal with this terrible weather every spring.

Second biggest obsession? The origins question. The origins of the universe, and how things came to be. My other obsessions include world news - especially Middle East news, and collecting things that many would throw away but I either want to re-purpose them or recycle them. My study room is cluttered and frequently messy. I am also obsessed with chemistry - I sometimes read the back of shampoo bottles and try to see what the chemicals look like if they were written down as structural formulas. Crazy, eh?? And I am not a tech-savvy person though the internet and forums are vital to my daily life.

I enjoy working out, healthy eating, hiking, and nature in general.

Have a great day - Rob

PS. My font shrunk on me without knowing how to fix it. All I can see is tiny print as I type. How do you reverse this?

Thanks

New Threads

Top Bottom