• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

My latest obsessions

Keith

Halls of Fame- criteria, structure, etc. I love figuring out halls of fame for various things.
Best of lists- I love creating a "top 100 greatest" list for things.

You sound like me, my current list is the top 100 FEAMLES of Egypt and their consorts or husbands. I've only gotten as far as Tuyu (found in tomb KV46) She is number 44 on my list. Then I want to do Military Generals and that's going to need even more research. :)

The issue I tend to have with this is how to rank people, when is somebody better as somebody else, gets pretty grey pretty quickly for me. I don't like grey if I can have black or white instead ;)

Last edited:
Another obsession I've had for years is internet radio. I can't seem to find the one that works best for me. I have Pandora and XM, but they have their good and bad traits. Sometimes I need more control over what plays and sometimes I need more restriction from getting too obsessive and making myself frustrated and achy.

I'm making my decision based first on whether or not the woman actually ruled alone or as a co-regent only first, then on how much or little her husband or primary consort affected Egypt, then on whom she birthed, and their effect on Egypt. Where I run into trouble is with Nefertiti and whether she and KV35YL are one and the same or not, because if the same, ranking is higher than if they are separate women.

Some "best of" lists can lead to a lot of research and, learning a heck of a lot about a subject. This one has me reading hieroglyphs, so much of them is subject to interpretation so, I want to read the originals and interpret it for myself. [Same word can mean father, grandfather, great grandfather or, just male ancestor in general, for example though, generally means someone the writer ( or one dictating to the scribe) knew before the male ancestor/father figure died.]

Last edited:
Some things are better not ranked, some aren't too bad to sort to at least groups of 10 that share the same rank.

Building the perfect mp3 playlist is taking up some of my time. I spend hours mulling over whether I should add a single song. Then I sit and listen hundreds of lame downtempo songs (my favorite genre) hoping to stumble across a unique one that I can add. I find like one song a year. It can be discouraging.

New Threads

Top Bottom