• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

My autism ruins everything.

I don't have the number and I never bothered to get the other Tony's number because he is a married man and I did not care to know it.
Damn! As I have asked you before, never discount the married people because they can be your introduction to a relationship. I hope you will find her number.

Knowing my luck she has a boyfriend or is married since I was able to talk to her longer than 10 seconds.

Conversations with woman I know are single only last 10 seconds.

You are holding yourself to a different standard, depending on
the other person's status.

If somebody else told you *Oh Tony you can't really talk to a
single girl. You'll mess up. You can't do it.* that wouldn't be
fair, would it?

So why is it a good thing for you to keep telling yourself that
you can only talk to women who aren't available as dates/romantic
partners to you?

So why is it a good thing for you to keep telling yourself that
you can only talk to women who aren't available as dates/romantic
partners to you?
Excellent question. Possibly with some interesting answers:

Last edited:
Aren't there any autistic-specific social groups in your area (and it's NY, so I'd assume the answer is yes). The fact is some people do come across as more obviously autistic or disabled than others, and most NT women just aren't going to consider you as a potential romantic partner. You might have better chances with women who are also neurodivergent in some way.

Also, most women can tell when a man is interested in them and may become more guarded as a result when being approached by you. My guess is once you stop thinking of every single woman you find attractive as a potential girlfriend and once you stop treating socializing with married women as a chore, women in general will be more open to conversing with you (without necessarily wanting to date you).

New Threads

Top Bottom