• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Moving Forward

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm, I'd like to give it a go. Im totally happy with what we have at the moment. Perhaps the only thing would be more than one live chat facility? Shoutbox is great, but it'd be fun to have chat room or private/group chats perhaps? Im just thinking of the special interest group section which would benefit from live chats....

Dont ask for much do I? :D
It's so hard to find anyone online at the same time, willing to talk on the shoutbox....the shoutbox has lots of Hi's, and Anybody here?s which never turn into real conversations...so I kind of think that if there were multiple chatrooms, it would only lessen the likelihood of people actually talking to each other on any of them.
1.If this were a huge forum, like the one we don't talk about, then multiple chatrooms would make sense.
But given the small size and tightness/closeness of this community, this one shoutbox works best.
Plus, the one shoutbox turns into opportunities to talk to and get to know people one might otherwise never talk to.
Plus, there is a sense of closeness between the members here, unlike what is the case on other sites. If people were to be separated by being pulled in different directions by multiple chatrooms, that might not happen.
2. Plus, as Droopy said, that might lead to less posting on the actual forums, In my opinion that would be a mistake, and much richness and diversity of thought would be lost.
3. Anyway, the one special interest that draws us all here is a special interest in AS. Right? And that's something we all share in common.

Last edited:
I think the differcult part will be striking the right balance for everyone. Maybe part of the success of this one is that we all feel part of a community, if it got too big some of use would feel like we are on the fringes rather than being embrace by all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Top Bottom