• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Movies you can watch repeatedly and never grow old.

I am a sucker for nearly all of Hitchcock's Canon. I rewatch things maybe every 5 years just to marvel at the filmmaking and storytelling.
Two others I return to are
FORBIDDEN PLANET My mind reviews Shakespear's Tempest as I marvel at how far advanced this was for SciFi in 1956.
CLOUD ATLAS I enjoy the intertwined stories with an ensemble cast and the luxurious foreshadowing.

Yet, I love three Anime for their boldness:
SPIRITED AWAY The scene where Kami come to life gives me the chills.
YOUR NAME A photorealistic tour de force combined with music by RadWimps.
A SILENT VOICE For any of us who felt isolated when young. Pain and redemption from blaming ourselves.

Last edited:
The Thing (1982)
Silver Streak
The Blues Brothers
An American Werewolf in London
No Time For Sergeants
Marx Brothers (all of them)
The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
The Princess Bride
Dracula
Spontaneous
Fight Club
Drive
The Time Traveler's Wife
Last of the Mohicans
Leon, The Professional
Groundhog Day

There are so many titles that I have watched multiple times and would recommend to others that making a list would be prohibitive, so instead I will list directors whose every film I have watched more than twice.

Anything directed by:
Stanley Kubrick
The Coen Brothers
John Carpenter
Sam Raimi
Guillermo del Toro
Peter Jackson
Guy Richie
Ridley Scott
Alfred Hitchcock
Andrei Tarkovsky
Wes Anderson
Akira Kurosawa
Luc Besson
Jean-Pierre Jeunet
David Lynch
Seth MacFarlane

These are just off the top of my head and there are probably more that I am forgetting at the moment. However, I will add that any movie featuring Ryan Reynolds is an automatic. He may not be a great actor and will never win an academy award but he is just so much fun to watch even in throwaway films like National Lampoon's Van Wilder.

Last edited:
I love the Coen brother's movies, and any Martin Scorsese directed. Like Kevin Spacy, DeNiro, Ray Liotta, Sylvester Stallone, Jean Hackman in the Firm. Like any mob movie. Like cheesy comedy, and horror films. I like the acting in Atomic Blonde. I really enjoy a great ensemble with a great storyline.

Burn After Reading- love the story line, the randomness kinda of like Pulp Fiction. Can somebody tell how to put spoiler on this so you have to click on it? Coen brother's did so many great movies.

Last edited:
Can somebody tell how to put spoiler on this so you have to click on it?
If you click on the first three vertical dots on the control bar, the drop down will have a mask in it. Clicking that will allow you to put in an inline spoiler. At least that is my understanding. I suspect if you highlight the area you want and click on the mask you will achieve what you wish.

The space opera genre's definitive peak. While the movie only exists to book-end the series in a non-stop finale, it's the part I have rewatched the most. Cathartic piece about unresolvable grudges.

I have a tradition of watching the original Grinch movie from the 60's. I watch it every single year before christmas and I never get tired of it. I have not missed a year for over a decade now at least.

Another is Babe. I love the way the movie is set up into chapters and it's such a sweet movie.

I can't forget Clerks, Chasing Amy, Mallrats, Tusk, The Blair Witch Project, Dead Ringers, and Videodrome.

Seems each time that shows up on the air that I'm like a "deer in the headlights". Where I have to stop and see whatever episodes are left, even if it means watching all day and all night.

And yes, all while I have the DVD set where I could watch it any time I wanted. I know, it's nuts. :cool:

Though it still amazes me to learn just how many actors portrayed in E company are actually Brits and not Americans.
Same. DVD in corner. Won’t watch unless it’s on tv.

Dang. Forgot to mention my favorite Coen Bros. film, as well. Miller's Crossing. I've probably watched that 30 times.

Pitch Perfect, all of them, when I am feeling like I wanna sing the whole day.

Dr. Sleep. My go to movie when I want to be quiet in my head.

And since a week H4Z4RD, seen it about 25 times now and I can't stop haha gonna watch it again tonight, this one is definately because of the music they use.

I like to rewatch the first SpongeBob SquarePants movie at least once a year. Other movies I rewatch a lot are Sonic the Hedgehog (1 and 2), the first live action Transformers movie, Sleeping Beauty, Free Guy. Some other ones I forgot

I, Robot, Guardians of the Galaxy, The Matrix, Inside Out, The John Wick(s), Dark Knight, Saving Private Ryan, Forrest Gump, Lord of the Rings, Indiana Jones, Big, Predator, The Professional, Up, Sound of Music, Star Wars, Men in Black, No Country For Old Men, Empire Strikes Back, Gladiator, Princess Bride, Interstellar, Inception, Ghostbusters, Terminator 2, Incredibles, Die Hard, Everything Everywhere All at Once, Spider-Man, ...so many

New Threads

Top Bottom