• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Movies that deserve a re-release in IMAX

Metalhead

Video game and movie addict.
V.I.P Member
I just read that A24 is re-releasing Ex Machina, Hereditary and Uncut Gems on the big screen, only this time in IMAX format. I plan on seeing all three of them even though I already own the home 4K versions.

What movies do you want to see on an IMAX screen?

How weird, I just watched Ex Machine last night. The exterior shots alone would be spectacular on IMAX.

I think I would like to see 2001: A Space Odyssey on an IMAX dome screen. Especially the last 20 minutes or so.

How weird, I just watched Ex Machine last night. The exterior shots alone would be spectacular on IMAX.

I think I would like to see 2001: A Space Odyssey on an IMAX dome screen. Especially the last 20 minutes or so.
I have seen 2001 on a Cinerama screen, and that was mind blowing. It is a shame that Seattle’s Cinerama screen is no longer there:

I have seen 2001 on a Cinerama screen, and that was mind blowing. It is a shame that Seattle’s Cinerama screen is no longer there:
I remember 2001 on a Cinerama screen. Long gone there too.

Cinerama has always frustrated me in terms of how it is seems less than uniform in theaters apart from having better or worse appearances transferred to digital video, and worse on old VHS format.

Weird and frustrating though that transferring the Cinerama process to digital media continues to be a "hit and miss" proposition. Though it is mildly amusing watching each digital incarnation of "How The West Was Won" get a little better each time. Though I've not seen it in higher resolutions than 1080p.

It would be cool to see a digital remake made again for the screen, if they can ever overcome the visual drawbacks of three separate projections onto a single screen. That I'd pay for! :cool:

Last edited:
Frankly, I want Lawrence of Arabia to have an IMAX release. No Hollywood blockbuster today can touch that.

Matrix reloaded and matrix revolutions. Would love to see Keanu reeves kick butt in IMAX. Also treasure planet.

I saw that in Cinerama in 1968. It was stunning. BTW I'd like to see the other David Lean epic, Bridge on the River Kwai, on a huge screen.

New Threads

Top Bottom